Great Victorian Bike Ride

Old December 8th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

Default Great Victorian Bike Ride

http://tinyurl.com/5ecmw2

Unicyclists on the GVBR.

--
MT High
Old December 8th 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dangerdog

Great effort you guys and looked like you really enjoyed the ride, and
thats fantastic media coverage for unicycling.

--
dangerdog

once I was young and stupid....that was some time ago
Old December 8th 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

That man who started to bike at 79 and now still rides at 85 certainly
deserves attention from the media.

--
goldenchickenIV

you should push so much that you cross the finish line exhausted, but
not dead --- Klaas Bil
Old December 9th 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

It was awesome ride. It went for 9 days with 8 days of riding and a
rest day in Halls Gap, in the Grampians. The ride started in Ballarat
and headed west out to the Grampians and then turned around to head back
to Ballarat. On the riding days we rode for about 50 - 100 kms through
forests, mountains and farmland.

The uni performed great, no mechanical issues at all. It was fun
passing the bikes up the hills and during the headwinds, conversley they
passed me easily down the hills and with the tailwinds. They were
generally quite impressed with the unicycles attempting such a ride,
some could not believe I had ridden the whole way by the end of the
ride. My legs were very tired at the end but I got a huge sense of
achievement from having made it to the finish.

Next year's ride will be from Portland to Geelong, along the Great
Ocean Road. If any unicyclists are interested in doing this ride let me
know. I think entries will be open in the middle of next year.

--
MT High
Old December 9th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

goldenchickenIV;1145680 wrote:
That man who started to bike at 79 and now still rides at 85 certainly
deserves attention from the media.

There was an amputee (leg) who rode and at least one hand cycle which I
think would have to be the toughest way of doing the ride.

I didn't call the media myself, they rang me. It was up to the
individual riders if they wanted to be included in the media coverage.
I think I'm getting addicted to it though.

--
MT High
Old December 9th 08, 06:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lunicycle

MT High;1146121 wrote:
Next year's ride will be from Portland to Geelong, along the Great Ocean
Road. If any unicyclists are interested in doing this ride let me know.
I think entries will be open in the middle of next year.

Booyah! sounds great Matt, would love to ride the Great Ocean Road.

Congrats on this year's ride and the coverage too, very cool.

--
lunicycle
Old December 9th 08, 10:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onebyone

The coverage was great and congratulations on doing such a big ride.
Barry is unstoppable. Out of 4000 cyclist the ABC focussed on you guys
(2 unicyclists)

--
onebyone
Old December 9th 08, 11:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nexty

I'll be down for a GVBN!

--
nexty
Old December 10th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lunicycle

You can register your interest in next years Great Ocean Road ride:
http://tinyurl.com/6qv9kj

Looks like the last Great Vic Great Ocean Road ride was huge, over 8000
riders! Would be great to have a big uni turn out next year, such an
iconic length of road - too good an opportunity to miss.

--
lunicycle