Best Muni/Trials Shoe

Old September 25th 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

Default Best Muni/Trials Shoe

I'm old to unicycling, but new to Muni/Trials.

I think that my biggest concern is with spraining my ankles, because I
really (really, really, really) hate the recovery time afterwards. And
I also hate that each time I do it, I'm likely to be making it more
vulnerable for the rest of my life.

That said, what sneakers are best for sprain-prevention while not
sucking in other departments?

Thx.

--
JesseG
Old September 25th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

JesseG wrote:
I'm old to unicycling, but new to Muni/Trials.

I think that my biggest concern is with spraining my ankles, because I
really (really, really, really) hate the recovery time afterwards. And
I also hate that each time I do it, I'm likely to be making it more
vulnerable for the rest of my life.

That said, what sneakers are best for sprain-prevention while not
sucking in other departments?

Thx.

Forget "sneakers". Get a strong, form soled over-the-ankle shoe like
'this!' (http://tinyurl.com/57lyxs)

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 25th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

MuniAddict wrote:
Forget "sneakers". Get a strong, form soled over-the-ankle shoe like
'this!' (http://tinyurl.com/57lyxs)

I don't even hate the aesthetics. Very helpful.

Any other choices I should consider?

--
JesseG
Old September 25th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Here's the new version: http://tinyurl.com/49rlko

I have three pair of the first version and they are the absolute best
shoe for MUni/coker/trials, ect that I have ever owned! Incredible
grip, long wearing, very comfy with ankle protection.

Old September 25th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

Good to hear.

Initially, I sort of just thought that you were saying that this was
the right genre of shoes, which in itself was sort of a revelation.
Stupidly, I hadn't realized that there was a market segment for this
sort of shoe.

Anyway, I'll probably just get these. That is, unless anyone else wants
to make a case for getting something different .

Thx

--
JesseG
Old September 25th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
teachndad

Terry and some other riders really like those shoes. They're nice
especially if you can afford them. You should know they are really
sticky and take some getting used to, but once you get used to them and
can move your foot around, a lot of people really like them.

I am not saying that from experience, it's only from what I have read.
Terry can confirm.

Cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'UnicycleTips.com' (http://UnicycleTips.com)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
Old September 25th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

I have narrow ankles and finding shoes to support them seems near
impossible. So I wear 'these ankle braces' (http://tinyurl.com/46lswe)
whenever I ride. I also wear neoprene ankle supports under them just to
prevent chaffing.

--
phlegm
Old September 25th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lowlight

Here's the new version:
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/166...ct-2-Shoes.htm

I use these. They're great shoes and rated highly by lots of people on
here.

The shoes do provide a degree of ankle protection but i've still had
light sprains a couple of times. Still highly recomended though

Dan

--
lowlight
Old September 25th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Forgive me as this is not related to the style of riding, but related to
shoes, I wanted to target my question to people who know about this more
than I do.

Any suggestions for ideal shoes in learning gliding/1fww? I've just
begun to learn 1FWW and my Maxxis tire is starting to bald (from normal
wear) but it is still a little bit knobby. I need new shoes for
unicycling, too...so I want to find a good pair that is ideal for 1FWW
and gliding as well...I imagine anything with a flat tread on the
bottom. I also like extra padding on the side since I do a lot of BC
riding and those bolts cut into your ankles. Any suggestions?

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old September 25th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mountainuni1

Check out the Impact 2 MID at http://fiveten.com

These guys made a soft rubber compound for their soles that grips
pedals much better than a high ankle supported hiking shoe.

They also have a specially designed tongue that has a depression at the
top which eases pressure on the spot where your foot and lower shin
meet. Especially good for MUni, as your feet are in a flexed position
constantly. Also uses a slingshot tongue design to keep your heel back
and down in the shoe. You'll like them.

--
Mountainuni1

Hey all of you fellow Trials/Street riders, what are some shoe recommendations? TrialsUni Unicycling 39 November 11th 07 10:01 PM
Muni shoe vivalargo Unicycling 32 August 13th 07 09:28 PM
MUni shoe contender--Merrell Continuum Jam tholub Unicycling 4 February 4th 07 04:07 PM
trials or muni underdog Unicycling 0 May 24th 06 08:56 PM
My new trials Muni Tigger Unicycling 9 January 12th 06 03:21 AM