I'm coming to Syndey, Australia, any trails??

Old December 9th 08, 10:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Default I'm coming to Syndey, Australia, any trails??

Hey guys,

I leave this Saturday (12/13/08) for Sydney, Australia and was
wondering what trails people recommend and if anyone wants to show me
around some sweet trails, trials, etc. Or any other info you might want
to share.

My girlfriend and I are going there to street perform and meet her
family as she's from there. We plan to stay for one month, maybe two
depending on how the peforming goes. In my days off I hope to be able to
get some riding in. I'll be bringing my 12 footer and trials for
performing so unfortunately I won't have my MUni but hope to be able to
borrow one or use my trials. Anyone have a spare Muni I could borrow? I
promise not to break it or at least replace anything on it that breaks!

We are driving 8 hours north up the coast for Christmas (for like week)
to visit her mom so there might be something along the way I might be
able to hit up? Let me know your thoughts and any info that might be
helpful for me. Thanks in advance! Looking forward to visiting Australia
for the first time and hopefully meeting some of you....5 more
sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Jamey

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old December 9th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
samsta002

Hey there
There was talk about a few different people meeting up in the city
sometime soon but a date hasn't been set. Dan C and Matt P said they'd
be interested so maybe this saturday? I'm sure there would be great
street and trials in the city.
Sam

--
samsta002

It's OK; luckily my neck broke my fall.

'My latest video' (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xM1A2tEmr84)
Old December 9th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

samsta002;1146358 wrote:
Hey there
There was talk about a few different people meeting up in the city
sometime soon but a date hasn't been set. Dan C and Matt P said they'd
be interested so maybe this saturday? I'm sure there would be great
street and trials in the city.
Sam
EDIT: So you're coming this Saturday but thats not when you want to go
for a ride?
Nvm. Basically some riders were planning to meet in the city and maybe
you'd like to join?

I leave Saturday which means I don't arrive in Sydney till this Monday
the 15th of December. Let me know when and where you guys are meeting if
it's after that...

Old December 9th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

I did a few rides round Sydney earlier in the year. I'm sure Geoff
(nexty) or Mr Dangerdog will be on here to give you more trail info, but
the trails I rode we

1) Manly Dam
This is a shortish (10km or so) afternoon ride - it'd be cool on a
trials uni. You can get to it by going on the Manly Ferry across the
harbour which is a nice trip in itself and not super expensive, or by a
cheap bus from the city centre bus station - I've not got the details
handy, but it wasn't too hard to find details on google. From the ferry
you have to ride about 3km to the trail, I think the bus stops closer if
you can work out the buses, but then you miss going to Manly itself
which is very lovely (and probably a good place to do some juggling
too).

2)Narrow Neck
This is a decent length ride in the blue mountains, along an amazing
narrow ridge in the middle of the mountains, amazing views, although not
at all technical. You'd really want a 26 or a 29 for it. Easy to get to
by train from the Sydney main station, I think it was Katoomba that was
the station.
http://www.users.on.net/~fathers/narrneck.htm

3)Oaks Fire Trail
Again not super technical, basically a very fast wide downhill fire
track, followed by a few km of nice singletrack, some of which gets a
bit technical. Bit of a blast on a 26 or a 29. It goes from one train
station to another, so it is predominantly downhill, and hardly any
unrideable uphill.

There are riders in Sydney, also I met some jugglers in Katoomba in the
Blue Mountains, apparently they do some muni riding too, and are bang in
the middle of lots of great trails, but they are not very online - their
meetup is on a Friday night 6-9 in the church in Katoomba.
http://tinyurl.com/6cwgf6
Oh and we met a couple of other muni riders in the Blue Mountains - I
think Geoff has their details.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new pics'
(http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old December 9th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nexty

Hey Jamie.

annual leave kicks in on the 18th so I'd be down for some muni and
beer.

must do's:
http://nobmob.com/rides/manlydam
http://nobmob.com/rides/theoaks (woodbridge to glenbrook enduro loop)

Unicycle hockey is played every sunday in newtown;
http://unicycling.org.au/nsw/sydneyhockey

Ash runs a unicycle skills club every saturday in revesby:
http://unicycling.org.au/nsw/revesby

Geoff

--
nexty
Old December 9th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Awesome! Thanks for the info so far, keep it coming! Would love to play
some unicycle hockey!!

Also just found out that it's more like a 10 hour drive north all the
way up to Brisbane so if anyone knows of any great trails along the way
up to stretch the legs, that'd be great. Only 4 more sleeps....

Old December 9th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ScottLynch

Brisbane (or more specifically mt coot-tha) is home to some awesome bike
trails you can take your muni on although im not from there so i cant
show you around.

in wollongong there are also heaps (only an hour south of sydney) im
from wollongong but staying in canberra at the moment so i wont be able
to show you around

Mt keira-
there is an XC trail from the top, just past the entry gates to the
summit about 100m on your right the trail starts theres a little 10cm
diameter pipe you ride over at the entry to the trail. it pops out on
the road about halfway down and links up to the dowhill trail. it starts
about 200 down the hill from a big hair pin (theres heaps of room
cleared on the outside of the turn as it is the turnaround point for
lots of bike riders shuttling with their trailers and utes. so you go
past there and the trail is on the left as your riding down the road.
halfway down this track you come to another bitumen road (dont worry
cars dont drive on this one) keep going up about 50 metres and the track
splits up into three, easy medium and hard from left to right. these
take you to the bottom and they all link up at the end so it doesnt
matter which one you take

Mount Ousley - as you come down on the hwy from sydney there is a truck
stop on the left at the top before you come down into wollongong the
drop off point is here. from there take the track and head toward the
telephone towers theres an awesome lookout (although be carefull cause
there isnt a rail to stop idiots falling over the edge) you then come
back toward the hwy and under the first set of powerlines on the way
back the downhill trail starts when you get to the fire road head left
back up the hill till you get to a massive boulder where some local kids
have spray painted the name of their trail on 'treetops' this goes all
the way down to the bottom and spits out at doonan place

if you want to come to canberra its only about 4 hours down the hume
hwy from sydney it has heaps also, of which i am slowly discovering. Mt
Majura has lots of XC and Mt Stromlo (proper certified mountain bike
park) does also with a downhill track too (there was a world cup round
held here last year so its a pretty good track)

i hope that helps,
Scott

--
ScottLynch

The only limitations you have are those that you place upon yourself -
Muhammad Ail
Old December 9th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rollot

Sweet! Can't wait to ride with you again Jamey! You should definitely
come out for some uni hockey if you can, I personally don't know any of
the trails around here just yet, though we could probably hit up one of
the beaches for some natural trials.

I'm not sure if you are a juggler at all, but there is a juggling club
that meets every Wednesday night from 7:30pm-9:30pm, and we usually go
for food or drinks afterward.

http://somethinkodd.com/juggling/

Cheers,
Tynan

--
rollot
Old December 9th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

rollot;1146589 wrote:
Sweet! Can't wait to ride with you again Jamey! You should definitely
come out for some uni hockey if you can, I personally don't know any of
the trails around here just yet, though we could probably hit up one of
the beaches for some natural trials.

I'm not sure if you are a juggler at all, but there is a juggling club
that meets every Wednesday night from 7:30pm-9:30pm, and we usually go
for food or drinks afterward.

http://somethinkodd.com/juggling/

Cheers,
Tynan

Nice. So I take it you are in Sydney right now?! School? Work?
Vacation?

Old December 9th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rollot

Ya (I should change my profile come to think of it) I moved to Sydney
just a couple of weeks ago, I'll be here for at least a year and a half
(which overlaps the next unicon nicely ). Heh, if you wanted you
could sleep on my couch again, though this one is even smaller

--
rollot