Moderated group

Old June 18th 16, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

Default Moderated group

I stopped posting the few things I did to the Moderated group as my
postings never seemed to appear, but this was no big deal as a few of
the forums I post to covered everything, so I felt OK not posting there
(still read it though[unlike URC which seems full of trolls and
cagers]) Have recently upgraded to 10 and then rolled back to 8.1.
Posted one today hoping all the old problems had gone away but my post
still seems to have not got through.

I am using Thunderbird and posting via the Gyle head end of
Virginmedia, any mods care to let me know what is happening, reply to
address is valid but rarely checked so any answer may be a while.
Old June 18th 16, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

soup wrote:
I stopped posting the few things I did to the Moderated group as my
postings never seemed to appear, but this was no big deal as a few of
the forums I post to covered everything, so I felt OK not posting
there (still read it though[unlike URC which seems full of trolls and
cagers]) Have recently upgraded to 10 and then rolled back to 8.1.
Posted one today hoping all the old problems had gone away but my post
still seems to have not got through.

I am using Thunderbird and posting via the Gyle head end of
Virginmedia, any mods care to let me know what is happening, reply to
address is valid but rarely checked so any answer may be a while.

There are no "mods" here.
If you consider URC to be "full of trolls and cagers])" why are you asking
here?
What is a "cager"?

Old June 18th 16, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 17:52:55 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

soup wrote:
I stopped posting the few things I did to the Moderated group as my
postings never seemed to appear, but this was no big deal as a few of
the forums I post to covered everything, so I felt OK not posting
there (still read it though[unlike URC which seems full of trolls and
cagers]) Have recently upgraded to 10 and then rolled back to 8.1.
Posted one today hoping all the old problems had gone away but my post
still seems to have not got through.

I am using Thunderbird and posting via the Gyle head end of
Virginmedia, any mods care to let me know what is happening, reply to
address is valid but rarely checked so any answer may be a while.

There are no "mods" here.
If you consider URC to be "full of trolls and cagers])"

That would be you he's referring to.

why are you asking
here?
What is a "cager"?

Sounds kinky.

--
1 in 10,000 people have their internal organs the other way round (left to right)
Old June 18th 16, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 17:39:06 +0100
soup wrote:

I stopped posting the few things I did to the Moderated group as my
postings never seemed to appear, but this was no big deal as a few of
the forums I post to covered everything, so I felt OK not posting
there (still read it though[unlike URC which seems full of trolls and
cagers]) Have recently upgraded to 10 and then rolled back to 8.1.
Posted one today hoping all the old problems had gone away but my post
still seems to have not got through.

I am using Thunderbird and posting via the Gyle head end of
Virginmedia, any mods care to let me know what is happening, reply to
address is valid but rarely checked so any answer may be a while.

Probably best to ask via uk.net.news.moderation - I doubt any of the
mods is reading this group. ISTR there were problems a while back with
the way Virgin handled moderated groups BICBW.

Old June 18th 16, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 18/06/2016 17:52, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
soup wrote:
I stopped posting the few things I did to the Moderated group as my
postings never seemed to appear, but this was no big deal as a few of
the forums I post to covered everything, so I felt OK not posting
there (still read it though[unlike URC which seems full of trolls and
cagers]) Have recently upgraded to 10 and then rolled back to 8.1.
Posted one today hoping all the old problems had gone away but my post
still seems to have not got through.

I am using Thunderbird and posting via the Gyle head end of
Virginmedia, any mods care to let me know what is happening, reply to
address is valid but rarely checked so any answer may be a while.

There are no "mods" here.
If you consider URC to be "full of trolls and cagers])" why are you asking
here?
What is a "cager"?

cager: 1: a worker who loads and unloads cages and gives hoisting
signals —called also cageman, cage tender, onsetter, skip tender b : a
mechanical apparatus for pushing cars on or off a cage.
2 : a basketball player
Old June 18th 16, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

soup wrote:
[...]

So, nothing to do with trolls and bicycles then.

Old June 18th 16, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

soup wrote:
[...]

"a popular word among motorcyclists and bicyclists for four wheeled motor vehicle drivers. The term is often used in a derogative sense, because the car body effectively forms a cage, isolating the said driver from having to interact with other road users. "

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cager

It would seem Mr Cheerful is useless at googling.

--
It's only illegal if you're caught.
Old June 19th 16, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 18/06/2016 17:39, soup wrote:
I stopped posting the few things I did to the Moderated group as my
postings never seemed to appear, but this was no big deal as a few of
the forums I post to covered everything, so I felt OK not posting there
(still read it though[unlike URC which seems full of trolls and
cagers]) Have recently upgraded to 10 and then rolled back to 8.1.
Posted one today hoping all the old problems had gone away but my post
still seems to have not got through.

I am using Thunderbird and posting via the Gyle head end of
Virginmedia, any mods care to let me know what is happening, reply to
address is valid but rarely checked so any answer may be a while.

It is probably a virgin media problem moderated groups are problematic.

Try

http://www.eternal-september.org/RegisterNewsAccount.php

instead that does work with moderated groups.

From the moderated group Mr Pounder UK 4 May 11th 14 05:59 PM
Why is this group being over-moderated? spincircles[_2_] Techniques 20 March 18th 14 02:58 PM
From the moderated group Mr Pounder UK 25 February 28th 14 07:03 PM
Does anyone still think there is no need for a moderated group? Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 0 March 17th 12 05:58 AM
Moderated group Bill UK 6 October 6th 09 05:49 PM