Global Warming

Old April 16th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Global Warming

On Apr 15, 9:30 pm, "
wrote:
It's still the

http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html

They just changed it to say "Tater" instead of
"Tator Tots." How freakin' hard was it to spell
"Tater" correctly?! I'm pretty sure the "tator"
is a part of one of those make-an-electric-motor-
with-potatoes-copper-and-zinc Dr. Science kits.

Anyway, I like Tater Tots, but that casserole
makes me feel like the French have been unjustly
slurred for andouillette.

Thanks. I worried it had been lost to posterity. I can't stop reading
the recipe for layered ice cream cake, which includes the advice "eat
as desired."
Old April 16th 08, 11:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 16, 2:24 am, wrote:
On Apr 15, 9:30 pm, "
wrote:

It's still the

http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html

They just changed it to say "Tater" instead of
"Tator Tots." How freakin' hard was it to spell
"Tater" correctly?! I'm pretty sure the "tator"
is a part of one of those make-an-electric-motor-
with-potatoes-copper-and-zinc Dr. Science kits.

err, Stator Tots. How to make a generator hub out
of Yukon Gold potatoes, I think.

Anyway, I like Tater Tots, but that casserole
makes me feel like the French have been unjustly
slurred for andouillette.

Thanks. I worried it had been lost to posterity. I can't stop reading
the recipe for layered ice cream cake, which includes the advice "eat
as desired."

What if not desired? You have to respect a cuisine
that can render even ice cream cake unappetizing.
Even cultures with trashy cooking generally manage
to make decent dessert.
Possibly the only things on that page that sound
like food are the baked things: like cookies, brownies
and banana bread, perhaps because they use real
ingredients rather than premade stuff.

The first time I looked at that page, I didn't
realize that all their kids had names beginning
with "J" ("Jinger"?) And it took them 17 to get
to Jennifer.

Ben
Old April 16th 08, 11:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 16, 2:06 am, Donald Munro wrote:
wrote:
Mega-nerds use HP calculators because they (we) like RPN. Actually,
Postscript, as in the printer language, is also RPN.

As is Forth, which is why Yoda in Forth programs.

Shouldn't it be: Forth Yoda programs in?

My thesis advisor had a bumper sticker (in his
office! He had too much sense to put it on his
car) that read:

/\/\
FORTH \ / IF
\/
HONK THEN

He used to program stuff in Forth in part because
you could get space-qualified microprocessors that
had Forth onboard, since it only takes about 600 bytes
to code a Forth interpreter.

I briefly used an object oriented Forth for the
original Macintosh (called "Neon"). That was weird.

Ben
Old April 16th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
wrote:

On Apr 15, 9:30 pm, "
wrote:
It's still the

http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html

They just changed it to say "Tater" instead of
"Tator Tots." How freakin' hard was it to spell
"Tater" correctly?! I'm pretty sure the "tator"
is a part of one of those make-an-electric-motor-
with-potatoes-copper-and-zinc Dr. Science kits.

Anyway, I like Tater Tots, but that casserole
makes me feel like the French have been unjustly
slurred for andouillette.

Thanks. I worried it had been lost to posterity. I can't stop reading
the recipe for layered ice cream cake, which includes the advice "eat
as desired."

Add a layer of vodka and they'd really have something!

Old April 16th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
" wrote:

On Apr 15, 6:01 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

I'll put my evil-brain cards on the table: I have been to several places
in the world that are already under water.

Amsterdam and Richmond, BC, are doing okay.

To put it another way, I think we have a way better chance of making
Bangladesh rich than we do of changing the weather 100 years from now.
And I'm virtually certain the fiscal and social returns will be better.

There's a lot of coastline in the world. And just
because we can defend Amsterdam now doesn't mean
it will be equally practical later. By the time
this problem gets more pressing, the first world
countries will be so busy keeping the Connecticut
River out of Bill's ground floor and keeping the
Atlantic out of Myrtle Beach that alleviating the
Bangladeshis' problem by lifting them out of poverty
will take a back seat.

To get to the root problem with this theory, you're just making stuff
up.

Actually, I think changing weather patterns (like
more strong flooding in various places) will be a
big problem well before actual sea level rise is,
but this is just a guess on my part. In any case,
trying to continue with emissions-as-usual and
figuring we can grow economies to pay our way out
of it is hoping to cure the disease by palliating
the symptoms.

You can tax Canada. That boring column I referenced upthread is pointing
to a government report that says, with a lot of caveats and doomsaying,
that a rise in temperature would make Canada a nicer place to live.

There's a lot more Canada (and Russia) than there is coastline.

Yeah, there will be more storms to mess with the crops. On the other
hand, the amount of arable land will massively increase.

As for growing economies, please contemplate the economy of 1908 and its
capabilities. For that matter, contemplate the air quality in US and UK
industrial centres at that time versus now. It gives some hope that
economic growth will be sustainable, cleaner, and more probable than
environmental measures which, last time I checked, many doomsayers swear
up and down will be insufficient to solve the problem!

Old April 16th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

wrote:
On Apr 15, 8:17 pm, wrote:
On Apr 15, 7:34 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:

It's quite likely Jim Bob Dugger from Arkansas.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...chive/2005/10/...
Although they're up to 17 kids (currently).

Ah, yes. I remember looking up the Duggar family's favorite recipes.
Looks like it's been scrubbed from their current website but
archive.org has Jim Bob's favorite tater tot casserole recipe:
http://web.archive.org/web/200512280...ily.com/articl...

It's still the

http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html

They just changed it to say "Tater" instead of
"Tator Tots." How freakin' hard was it to spell
"Tater" correctly?! I'm pretty sure the "tator"
is a part of one of those make-an-electric-motor-
with-potatoes-copper-and-zinc Dr. Science kits.

Anyway, I like Tater Tots, but that casserole
makes me feel like the French have been unjustly
slurred for andouillette.

Ben

I see Mom and Pop are "licensed real estate agents".

Wonder if JimBob and I have anything else in common

Steve (not a licensed real estate professional, just married to one)

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old April 16th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Apr 16, 7:21*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:

There's a lot of coastline in the world. *And just
because we can defend Amsterdam now doesn't mean
it will be equally practical later. *By the time
this problem gets more pressing, the first world
countries will be so busy keeping the Connecticut
River out of Bill's ground floor and keeping the
Atlantic out of Myrtle Beach that alleviating the
Bangladeshis' problem by lifting them out of poverty
will take a back seat.

To get to the root problem with this theory, you're just making stuff
up.

He's got the Kunich Kore with a single bit flipped. Step back when
he's dumping.
Old April 16th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Apr 15, 7:12*pm, Steven Bornfeld
wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

I'm really glad environmentalists made sure coal and natural gas
plants were built instead of nukes. *I am really glad the guvmint
built all those roads for people to drive on.

* * * * Actually, aren't you proud of the part cycling played in "Good Roads"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Roads_Movement

laughs.

"The Good Roads Movement was founded in May 1880,.."

See, the power to build roads was always granted in the Constitution.
They just didn't notice for a 90 years.

Damn Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 16 February 9th 08 04:44 AM
A little global warming WeaselPoopPower Racing 1 November 16th 07 06:47 AM
Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 212 November 16th 07 02:41 AM
Global Warming Richard Bates UK 84 July 25th 04 11:58 PM