Anybody ever used these with their HS-33???

Old April 15th 04, 05:54 AM
john_childs

Default Anybody ever used these with their HS-33???

forget_your_life wrote:
*the Goodridge housing has a nice plasticy coating on the outside.i
think this is nicer that the bare medal Magura line.if i ever have to
buy new braided line,i think i would go with the Goodridge. *

My aftermarket brake hose has a clear plastic coating. It's nice in
that it keeps the brake hose from scratching up the paint on the frame.
It's not so nice in that it shows visible creases when it gets bent too
much. It doesn't kink, but it does show a crease.

The genuine Magura braided hose is more flexible and won't show any kink
marks.

I posted a picture of my brake in my Miscellaneous Stuff gallery.
'Aftermarket Magura Brake Hose picture' (http://tinyurl.com/ywr94)
The photo also shows the fittings that were used. The fittings on the
crossover line are rather large.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old December 8th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I'm planning on getting some Goodridge hoses, for my new HS33's and I
was wondering if someone could clear up the whole process for me. From
reading John, and Zod's convo it would seem that it is a pretty
complicated process.

If someone could simplify it for me and just say this is what I need it
would be really helpful. I can get all the parts from a local shop, so I
would much prefer to do Goodridge over Mag just because it will be
cheaper.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old December 8th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

It's only complicated when you try to explain it. Just be aware that
there are both M6 and M8 threaded holes on the brake cylinders. A new
crossover hose will need to fit either M6 and M8 threads or M6 and M6
threads. It all depends on your particular brake configuration. Be
flexible. Have access to the parts you might need (M6 and M8
connectors) and do it.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com