Sastre missed his chance yesterday - CSC tactics ?

Old July 23rd 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Default Sastre missed his chance yesterday - CSC tactics ?

For all the self congratulation in the CSC team about their strategy,
it's likely Sastre will loose the yellow on Saturday, it's too bad
Barjne didn't let him attack yesterday on the way up to Bonnette
yesterday when Schleck the elder was gasping for air. One more minute
and he'd be on track to win in Paris.
Old July 23rd 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:29:29 +0200, Keith wrote:

For all the self congratulation in the CSC team about their strategy,
it's likely Sastre will loose the yellow on Saturday, it's too bad
Barjne didn't let him attack yesterday on the way up to Bonnette
yesterday when Schleck the elder was gasping for air. One more minute
and he'd be on track to win in Paris.

Dumbass, if the yellow is loose, they gave him the wrong size jersey.

CSC also may have picked the wrong member to wear yellow in Paris.

Let's hope that there are no more doping exposures, either.

Old July 23rd 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jul 23, 10:29*am, Keith wrote:
For all the self congratulation in the CSC team about their strategy,
it's likely Sastre will loose the yellow on Saturday, it's too bad
Barjne didn't let him attack yesterday on the way up to Bonnette
yesterday when Schleck the elder was gasping for air. One more minute
and he'd be on track to win in Paris.

Dumbass -

They decided not to because of a headwind on the climb. Too easy to
follow.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old July 23rd 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

They decided not to because of a headwind on the climb. Too easy to
follow.

A headwind on a climb with 22 switchbacks? That gives you at least 11
opportunities, doesn't it? And if the wind is coming "down" the mountain,
you ride in the gutter, and we didn't see that. These guys were pretty much
in the middle of the road. Actually they were all over the road.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old July 23rd 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark[_9_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
They decided not to because of a headwind on the climb. Too easy to
follow.

A headwind on a climb with 22 switchbacks? That gives you at least 11
opportunities, doesn't it? And if the wind is coming "down" the mountain,
you ride in the gutter, and we didn't see that. These guys were pretty much
in the middle of the road. Actually they were all over the road.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I think he meant the headwind on the Bonnette, as in "Why didn't Sastre
attack on the Bonnette?"

Mark J.
Old July 23rd 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Nobody wrote:
Dumbass, if the yellow is loose, they gave him the wrong size jersey.

Probably an Assos fatty master XXXXL.

Old July 24th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I think he meant the headwind on the Bonnette, as in "Why didn't Sastre
attack on the Bonnette?"

Yes, I meant the Bonnette. In spite of the wind I'm sure he could have
attacked though, in fact he did at one point but cut his effort when
Kohl jumped in his wheel.

There was a lot of discussion on Eurosport today as to why CSC hadn't
blown up the field in the "Croix de Fer", one reason I'm seeing is
that they wouldn't have had Cancellara to pull on the flat part and
Gustov at the foot of the Alpe but I'm not sure it would have changed
much if Evans had been gapped in the Croix de Fer. It's too bad they
weren't able to send a guy in the front llike they did with Cancellara
the other day on the way to Hautacam.

Old July 26th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen[_3_]

On 2008-07-23 19:29:29 +0200, Keith said:

Barjne

Khtei
--
mvh. Morten Reippuert Knudsen

"Besides, if you can't get a decent kernal panic
or two in a month, what's the point of living?"

Old July 26th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

On 2008-07-23 19:29:29 +0200, Keith said:
Barjne

Khtei

That's rich, a name-spelling flame coming from you.
Old July 26th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen[_3_]

On 2008-07-23 20:10:46 +0200, Mark said:

I think he meant the headwind on the Bonnette, as in "Why didn't Sastre
attack on the Bonnette?"

until i tried a dead on headwind in the valoire valley towards
Gallibier i could not imagine that wind could be an issue while
climbing a mountain.

CSC tactics Bounty Bob Racing 26 July 26th 08 08:54 AM
Alpe d'Huez climbed in 39'25" by Sastre Keith Racing 45 July 26th 08 04:21 AM
Sastre did something stupid Lax Racing 1 July 23rd 08 05:34 PM
Sastre regains podium Callistus Valerius Racing 1 August 1st 06 04:37 PM
"Tactics...what do you mean?" Jet Racing 5 July 27th 05 09:19 AM