Jim Ochowicz...cycling godfather...talks about the Tour.

Old July 24th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Jim Ochowicz...cycling godfather...talks about the Tour.

On Jul 24, 2:08*pm, Bret wrote:
On Jul 24, 9:39*am, Bill C wrote:

Maybe a bit more in insurance costs, maybe not. I think
everyone else would just continue to do what they have been doing,
including the officials, without Colorado.

Be careful with the terms you use. Colorado has been independent of
"Colorado" for almost ten years now.

Bret

Yeah, bad shorthand. My apology.
Bill C
Old July 25th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Les Earnest

Bill C wrote:
On Jul 24, 10:08 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
USAC governance does not mean what you think it
does. Mike Plant took care of that a long time
ago. Your friends on the inside will figure that
out and then leave, to be replaced by other
people that think they can make a difference.
That is the nature of the Great Circle of
Irrelevance that is USAC governance.

Bob Schwartz- Hide quoted text -

Guess I'm too much of an optimist, or just pig headed, but you are
probably right.
Bill C

Yes, Bob Schwartz, Magilla and the rest of the Ochowicz badmouthers are
accurately on target. I first met Och at the 1978 Red Zinger stage race,
which later became the Coors International, where he was a competitor
and I was Chief Timer. In the race from Aspen to Vail he crossed the
finish line all alone in 3rd place, which was a remarkable achievement
given that he had been dropped by the peloton and was never seen by them
again. Thus I got an early calibration of his honesty.

I and my colleagues are now contemplating another little surprise for
the Weisel Junta, which runs USA Cycling for their own benefit at the
expense of participants in the sport.

-Les Earnest
Old July 25th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:
[...]

* * * * -Les Earnest- Hide quoted text -

Be glad to see it Les. Hope Gerard is still interested in things too.
When he came on board I figured he was just another G.O.B., and gave
him a t on of crap. He actually responded to a nobody, and I found out
he was, and is one of the good guys through some talking, and his
actions. That was a very pleasant surprise. Too bad they ****ed on him
and the good will he created, but that says a lot about them, doesn't
it.
Someday I'd love to hear your Fraysee stories. Bet they match the
ones I've heard quite nicely, but he's the 10 ton gorilla out here,
along with his followers. I was really surprised, and it was sort of
the same thing as Gerard, with Fernando Cuevas. I had a VERY skeptical
take on him because of the connections. Turned out I was blown away by
him, and how he did business, and handled his kids. Amazing human
being.
Bill C
Old July 25th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 24, 7:16*pm, Les Earnest wrote:

Yes, Bob Schwartz, Magilla and the rest of the Ochowicz badmouthers are
accurately on target. I first met Och at the 1978 Red Zinger stage race,
which later became the Coors International, where he was a competitor
and I was Chief Timer. In the race from Aspen to Vail he crossed the
finish line all alone in 3rd place, which was a remarkable achievement
given that he had been dropped by the peloton and was never seen by them
again. Thus I got an early calibration of his honesty.

Damn. He invented the Rosie Ruiz two years before her! I wonder if
that tidbit makes it onto his resume...?

I and my colleagues are now contemplating another little surprise for
the Weisel Junta, which runs USA Cycling for their own benefit at the
expense of participants in the sport.

* * * * -Les Earnest

Go get 'em, Les.

Old July 26th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:53:30 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

caffetrieste wrote:

The video interview is he

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=416

This guy is a piece of ****. He's a corrupt punk who fired Bisceglia
because Gerard told him he can't pocket $100K of what should have been
federation money for himself.

Ochowicz is also part of the whole Lance/Wiesel coterie.

Dumbass.

Coterie is a fine word.