Vehicle Tax

Old April 21st 17, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

Default Vehicle Tax

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 17:19:04 +0100, wrote:

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:25:37 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:18:56 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 17/04/2017 05:23, wrote:
On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 8:27:17 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:16:55 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:11:12 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:07:23 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:01:18 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:57 +0100, wrote:

I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240..
Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
There was no mention of Road Tax.

Would you like to write that in English?

Which part of my english post did you not understand?

1) "fourth power of axle loading"

http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/get...px?itemid=1586

I'm not reading all that.

It is your choice to remain ignorant.

Try answering my question.

What question?

2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.

When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.

But you're paying for your car with the road tax.

No, Vehicle Tax.

3) Some ******** about "road tax".

Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.

I didn't. You pay tax to drive a car to pay for the roads, simple. It's road tax.

Again, Vehicle Tax not road tax.

If you have a vehicle (presumably, since the discussion is about your
car, a motor vehicle), do you have to pay your "Vehicle Tax" on it even
if it is never used on a road?

Yes / No [delete as appropriate]

I find that rule unfair on people who don't have a drive. I can keep my car SORNed on my drive, but others cannot. You should only need tax to DRIVE the car.

Why should anyone be able to annexe the public road adjacent to their property for their own use free of charge?

Because it's their property. They own the road, the council just maintains it.

And the road tax is to pay for wear and tear on the road, a parked car does not cause any wear at all.

Anyway, council tax pays for local roads which is where they would be parked.

Parking temporarily on the road not obstructing primary road users and emergency vehicles is one thing, thinking the public road next to your property is exclusively yours is another.

Since cars are the main user of the road, primary road users would be cars. Why do psycholists make up stupid phrases like this?

--
This exchange was overheard between the separated sections of the jail.
A male voice yells over to the female side: "I got 12 inches over here you would love to have."
Old April 21st 17, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 17/04/2017 05:23, wrote:
[...]

Some people own property up the centre of the highway, most don't.

And the road tax is to pay for wear and tear on the road, a parked car does not cause any wear at all.

So you agree with the 4th power of axle loading rule.

Anyway, council tax pays for local roads which is where they would be parked.

So you agree cyclists pay for the road space they use.

Parking temporarily on the road not obstructing primary road users and emergency vehicles is one thing, thinking the public road next to your property is exclusively yours is another.

Since cars are the main user of the road, primary road users would be cars. Why do psycholists make up stupid phrases like this?

No, people are the main users of roads.
Pedestrians, equestrians and cyclists use roads by right. Motorists need permission.
Old April 21st 17, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On 17/04/2017 05:23, wrote:
[...]

AFAIK it's most.

And the road tax is to pay for wear and tear on the road, a parked car does not cause any wear at all.

So you agree with the 4th power of axle loading rule.

If you tell me what it is, I'll tell you if I agree with it.

Anyway, council tax pays for local roads which is where they would be parked.

So you agree cyclists pay for the road space they use.

No, they pay for the cycle paths which cost millions.

Parking temporarily on the road not obstructing primary road users and emergency vehicles is one thing, thinking the public road next to your property is exclusively yours is another.

Since cars are the main user of the road, primary road users would be cars. Why do psycholists make up stupid phrases like this?

No, people are the main users of roads.

Your childish pedantry is tiresome. Grow up and I might bother replying to you some more.

Pedestrians, equestrians and cyclists use roads by right. Motorists need permission.

So what? That doesn't make anyone a "primary road user", whatever that's supposed to mean. Try to speak common English instead of making up your own phrases, then we could have a sensible discussion.

--
No-one scares me more than someone who is blindly "law-abiding".
I'd rather we all asked our consciences before the law.
Old April 22nd 17, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:57 +0100,

wrote:

It's like arguing with a demented frog. Give it up. The definition of VED
is very clear.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old April 22nd 17, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 22/04/17 11:06, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:

It's like arguing with a demented frog. Give it up. The definition of
VED is very clear.

It would be much easier arguing with a demented frog.

I wonder whether VED deniers would argue that Alcohol Duty and National
Insurance are something other than what they are.

Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of road
rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
recycling other taxes. It would be interesting to know how much is
virgin money.

Old April 22nd 17, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 22/04/2017 12:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/04/17 11:06, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:

It's like arguing with a demented frog. Give it up. The definition of
VED is very clear.

It would be much easier arguing with a demented frog.

I wonder whether VED deniers would argue that Alcohol Duty and National
Insurance are something other than what they are.

Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of road
rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
recycling other taxes. It would be interesting to know how much is
virgin money.

So you too cannot admit that Road Tax is only payable in respect of a
motor vehicle used on the roads and that it is not due in respect of a
vehicle not used on the roads.

What a surprise.

---
http://www.avg.com

Getaway Vehicle Bret Cahill UK 5 February 20th 15 10:31 PM
long vehicle ray Australia 3 May 24th 06 04:04 PM
articulated vehicle ray Australia 3 May 5th 06 03:03 AM
Vehicle Design (OT) Richard UK 11 February 17th 06 06:49 PM
Vehicle assault [email protected] General 47 April 19th 05 07:21 PM