OAP's electric bike stolen at Tesco in Branksome

Old February 17th 20, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default OAP's electric bike stolen at Tesco in Branksome

Does anyone know this thief?
QUOTE:
AN ELDERLY man returning a trolley to a Poole supermarket bay turned to see a thief run towards his electric bike and pedal off on it.

The victim, who is in his 80s, was leaving the Tesco store in Poole Road, Branksome when the incident happened at around 10.15am on Tuesday, January 21.

Police investigating the theft say the victim had put his shopping on his bike before leaving it to return his trolley. As he walked back, he saw a man run towards the bike and ride off on it down Poole Road towards the Wessex Way.

The bicycle is a black Kalkhoff Agattu 17ah, which cost £2,100 when new three years ago.

Police Community Support Investigator Adam Cleaver, of Poole police, has now released CCTV images of a man he wants to speak to in connection with the theft.

"This theft has had a huge impact on the victim as the bicycle was his main mode of transport," he said.

“We have made a number of enquiries into this incident and I am now in a position to release CCTV images of a man we would like to speak to.

“I would urge anyone with information as to his identity to please contact us.

“I would also urge anyone who may have seen a bicycle matching the description for sale in unusual circumstances to please get in touch.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police via dorset.police..uk or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55200010298

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...sco-branksome/

There is no way this bike can be stolen Bod[_5_] UK 5 May 29th 16 08:13 AM
Shelly Olds...bike stolen, bike found, gold medal won caffetrieste Racing 20 October 14th 08 09:39 AM
Stolen bike Chris A UK 26 March 27th 07 03:01 PM
My bike was stolen. Bill General 22 October 10th 05 07:27 AM
Converting a Bike to a Powerassisted electric bike Suggestions [email protected] Techniques 3 September 12th 05 06:42 AM