Mike Cook handed driving ban after forcing cyclist off road in Stroud

Old February 7th 20, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Mike Cook handed driving ban after forcing cyclist off road in Stroud

A good result!
QUOTE:
FORMER Gloucester City Football Club manager Mike Cook has been fined £500 and banned from driving for six months after a road rage incident with a cyclist.

In December, Cook, of Chalford Hill, Stroud, who is now caretaker manager of National League South side Chippenham Town, pleaded not guilty to driving his BMW X3 dangerously.

He elected a jury trial at Gloucester Crown Court.

But yesterday when he appeared at the crown court he admitted a less serious charge of careless driving on November 30, 2018 by deliberately forcing a cyclist off the road.

His plea was accepted by the prosecution and Cook was sentenced on the lesser charge.

The court was told that Cook had encountered the cyclist for the first time in King’s Street in Stroud and was still behind him at the junction of George Street and London Road.

Prosecutor Janine Wood explained to the court that when he did overtake the cyclist he drove very close to him and shouted at him.

But the traffic was such that the cyclist caught up with Cook as the road narrows on Union Street and with a Land Rover coming in the opposite direction had to brake suddenly in overtaking the cyclist.

Witnesses of the incident stated that Cook drove at the cyclist and was effectively using his car as a weapon.

Richard Dawson, defending, told the court that Cook was frustrated with the cyclist as he was in a rush to get home having been on a train for over three hours.

Judge Michael Cullum fined Cook, who managed Gloucester City between January and November 2019, a sum of £500 and endorsed his licence with six points.

But having six points on his licence already from previous motoring offences, Cook was classed as a totter liable to a minimum six months ban.

Judge Cullum disqualified Cook from driving for six months and ordered him to pay court costs of £85.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co....f-road-stroud/
Old February 14th 20, 05:29 PM
Mwl001 Mwl001 is offline
Junior Member

Not a great result as he deliberately knocked me off and it was witnessed by an off duty PCSO. Feel very let down the CPS accepted the guilty plea to careless driving rather than pursue the dangerous driving charge. He also failed to stop after knocking me off - that can be 5 points on it's own.
He only got a ban because he already had 6 points.
Anyone can provide feedback to the CPS on any case. If you would like to provide feedback on the CPS decision not to pursue the dangerous driving charge you can do so by using the form here https://www.cps.gov.uk/form/feedback the CPS area is South West and county is Gloucestershire. The case ref is 53CH0065019/TP/HP
Old February 14th 20, 05:31 PM
Mwl001 Mwl001 is offline
Junior Member

https://road.cc/content/news/271031-...als-full-story
Old February 14th 20, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:25:27 PM UTC, Mwl001 wrote:
Not a great result as he deliberately knocked me off and it was
witnessed by an off duty PCSO.

I got knocked off my bike by a driver who undertook another car that was turning right, with me on his inside. He broke my collarbone, but plod let him off any driving charges as there were no witnesses. I got £5000 in compo off his insurance though.
Old February 14th 20, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:25:27 PM UTC, Mwl001 wrote:
Not a great result as he deliberately knocked me off and it was
witnessed by an off duty PCSO.

I got knocked off my bike by a driver who undertook another car that
was turning right, with me on his inside. He broke my collarbone, but
plod let him off any driving charges as there were no witnesses. I
got £5000 in compo off his insurance though.

Scum cyclists love compo.
How much compo did you pay the NHS when you jumped off that bridge?
****.

Old February 14th 20, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 8:32:43 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:25:27 PM UTC, Mwl001 wrote:
Not a great result as he deliberately knocked me off and it was
witnessed by an off duty PCSO.

I got knocked off my bike by a driver who undertook another car that
was turning right, with me on his inside. He broke my collarbone, but
plod let him off any driving charges as there were no witnesses. I
got £5000 in compo off his insurance though.

Scum cyclists love compo.
How much compo did you pay the NHS when you jumped off that bridge?
****.

40 years in tax and NI payments.
Old February 15th 20, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Oh how lovely it is being labelled a **** by You.
Old February 15th 20, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Friday, 14 February 2020 19:25:27 UTC, Mwl001 wrote:
Not a great result as he deliberately knocked me off and it was
witnessed by an off duty PCSO. Feel very let down the CPS accepted the
guilty plea to careless driving rather than pursue the dangerous driving
charge. He also failed to stop after knocking me off - that can be 5
points on it's own.
He only got a ban because he already had 6 points.
Anyone can provide feedback to the CPS on any case. If you would like to
provide feedback on the CPS decision not to pursue the dangerous driving
charge you can do so by using the form here
https://www.cps.gov.uk/form/feedback the CPS area is South West and
county is Gloucestershire. The case ref is 53CH0065019/TP/HP

He used his vehicle as a weapon, this should mean a life driving ban and minimum 10 years prison.
Old February 15th 20, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pool-home.html