looking for saddle with narrow rear

Old September 23rd 04, 08:22 PM
Woogoogle

Default looking for saddle with narrow rear

I broke a saddle and pulled an older worn San Marco Bontrager saddle
that was very narrow in the rear which made it easy to put weight
behind the rear wheel. Anyone have any suggestions for saddles that
are in production they are similar in shape?
Old September 24th 04, 01:01 AM
Pat

" I broke a saddle and pulled an older worn San Marco Bontrager saddle
that was very narrow in the rear which made it easy to put weight
behind the rear wheel. Anyone have any suggestions for saddles that
are in production they are similar in shape?

Measure the old saddle. Compare the measurements to saddles in catalogs.

Pat in TX

Old September 24th 04, 01:17 AM
zewol

trico adjustable seats are pretty at that

--
zewol

Old September 28th 04, 03:06 AM
jdnz

Ken Wrote:[color=blue]
(Woogoogle) wrote in
om:

Selle Italia SLR is pretty narrow and easy to slide off the back.
Personally, I prefer the Fizik Arione, which is also narrow, but ha
an
extended rear section so you can get your weight back without slidin
off the
saddle.

I'll add another vote for the SLR - I've got one on my TT bike (wel
actually a SLR T1 but the back is the same as a normal SLR, just a mor
padded nose) and it's very nice and narrow with a real good shape (n
pinched hamstrings).

I've got an Arionne on my 'normal' bike, and whilst I like the extr
length (I have nearly popped right off the back of the SLR while no
thinking) the non-dropped nose on the Arionne sucks for catching you
shorts when transitioning from standing to sitting on climbs. It's als
a bit flatter in profile
than the SLR, so they feel quite different (having said that, 4 hou
rides on either is fine).

If you want narrow, pretty cheap and not so long, the lowly Sell
Italia XO is
surprisingly good (I've still got on on my hardtail), again easy t
move off the back and cheap enough that replacing it won't cause
headache if/when I crash. Ran one for a whole season on the roadbike
few years back - not as comfy as a flite/arionne/slr on epic rides, bu
surprisingly good.

If you want really scary crazy narrow, see if you can find a Terr
Damselfly - the skinniest saddle I've ever perched on (think it wa
about 130mm at the widest) - my wife loves hers, but it was too muc
even for skinny old me (one friend poetically described it a
'buttfloss'). Living proof that not all
'womens' saddles are over-wide, over-stuffed sofas!

jd (narrow saddle afficionado)

--
jdnz