Goodbye

Old April 25th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Goodbye

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:33:12 -0700, Mark Hickey
wrote:

JT's pernicious accusations are just the latest in a long series, but
they're the ones that opened my eyes to the reality that this is no
longer any fun, and there are many better ways I can spend my time. I
have a very full life, a wonderful family (including four new
granddaughters). I can ride my bike more.

You're a coward. All you have to do is not talk about politics and I
wont bring up your more disgusting political views. Or even killfile
me.

Actually you've been a coward and a bully (threatening to sue me for
libel!).

--
JT
****************************
Old April 25th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Sandy

Dans le message de ,
John Forrest Tomlinson a réfléchi, et puis a
déclaré :
wrote:

JT's pernicious accusations are just the latest in a long series, but
they're the ones that opened my eyes to the reality that this is no
longer any fun, and there are many better ways I can spend my time.
I have a very full life, a wonderful family (including four new
granddaughters). I can ride my bike more.

You're a coward. All you have to do is not talk about politics and I
wont bring up your more disgusting political views. Or even killfile
me.

Actually you've been a coward and a bully (threatening to sue me for
libel!).

There are more gracious ways of having the last word.

Old April 25th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
_[_2_]

wrote:

JT's pernicious accusations are just the latest in a long series, but
they're the ones that opened my eyes to the reality that this is no
longer any fun, and there are many better ways I can spend my time. I
have a very full life, a wonderful family (including four new
granddaughters). I can ride my bike more.

You're a coward. All you have to do is not talk about politics and I
wont bring up your more disgusting political views. Or even killfile
me.

Actually you've been a coward and a bully (threatening to sue me for
libel!).

Do let us know how this progresses - if at all.
Old April 25th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

Gary Young wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:33:12 -0700, Mark Hickey wrote:

snip

So, it's with absolute joy and anticipation that I bid you all a fond
farewell.

I hope you'll reconsider at some point. I don't agree with your
politics, but I think you've been a voice of reason on matters of
bicycle technology, which this list is purportedly about. The reign
of the yippy dogs seems once step closer with your departure.

Just look at Mark's "Floyd Thread". He posts an opinionated narrative about
attending a presentation /relevant to cycling/. He's then personally
attacked /because he's a conservative/. Then Flogger chimes in with lies
and misrepresentations about what he's said in the past. (For example, how
does one answer an angry, baseless charge of, say, racism? One is
automatically put on the defensive, and can either ignore it -- tacitly
accept? -- or "protest too much" and be drawn into a senseless flame war.
Totally no-win.)

I hope Mark will reconsider because SHUTTING OUT OPPOSING VOICES is an
obvious tactic of a certain political movement nowadays, and by his bowing
out it's playing right into their pocket-picking hands.

One suggestion I wish he'd try: plonk those abusive, personal attackers and
see what happens. If they don't provoke responses, maybe (MAYBE) they'll
stop the baiting. (And he won't see it, anyway.)

Worth a shot, Mark?!?

Old April 25th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

JT's pernicious accusations are just the latest in a long series, but
they're the ones that opened my eyes to the reality that this is no
longer any fun, and there are many better ways I can spend my time.
I have a very full life, a wonderful family (including four new
granddaughters). I can ride my bike more.

You're a coward. All you have to do is not talk about politics and I
wont bring up your more disgusting political views. Or even killfile
me.

Actually you've been a coward and a bully (threatening to sue me for
libel!).

There are more gracious ways of having the last word.

Indeed.

--
JT
****************************
Old April 25th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

wrote:

JT's pernicious accusations are just the latest in a long series,
but they're the ones that opened my eyes to the reality that this
is no longer any fun, and there are many better ways I can spend my
time. I have a very full life, a wonderful family (including four
new granddaughters). I can ride my bike more.

You're a coward. All you have to do is not talk about politics and I
wont bring up your more disgusting political views. Or even killfile
me.

And there you have it: Mark can't contribute to a political
thread/discussion because Flogger doesn't like (and completely
misrepresents) his views.

Actually you've been a coward and a bully (threatening to sue me for
libel!).

He should. Too bad Flogger's not worth it.

There are more gracious ways of having the last word.

What is the Left so afraid of? Why does it want to SILENCE opposing
opinions? ("The debate is over." "There is Consensus." Its talking heads
name-call all the time, but let someone on the Right answer in kind and it's
"hate speech" and the "politics of personal destruction". Hypocrisy is what
it is.) Instead of debating issues, the left goes personal almost
immediately; then it has a conniption fit if someone calls it.

And again, by Mark bowing out it gives them exactly what they're trying to
achieve.

Another year or so and this might as well be a blog...

BS

Old April 25th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:09:13 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Just look at Mark's "Floyd Thread". He posts an opinionated narrative about
attending a presentation /relevant to cycling/. He's then personally
attacked /because he's a conservative/.

Ahh, let's fill in the blanks.

The discussion was only about cycling until *you* brought up Scooter
Libby.

I said something equally non-cycling in response to your post. Then
Mark Hickey said something non-cycling in response to mine. Then I
went back at him.

So *you* were the first person who brought non-cycling stuff/political
stuff into that thread.

And *Mark* was the first person (between Mark and me) to talk about
politics.

I was the last -- at least as far as Hickey is concerned.

--
JT
****************************
Old April 25th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:23:13 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Mark can't contribute to a political
thread/discussion because Flogger doesn't like (and completely
misrepresents) his views.

Mark can contribute all he wants. But if he can't take other people
pointing out the evil nature of his political views, he might want to
avoid it. Just a suggestion.
--
JT
****************************
Old April 25th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

Mark Hickey wrote:
\
Happy trails,

Filters are your friend.

Old April 25th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gary Young wrote:

I hope you'll reconsider at some point. I

Me too Mark!

Stick around

Goodbye LMO Recumbent Biking 7 January 17th 07 11:49 AM
Goodbye TdF on OLN wimpyVO2 Racing 32 July 14th 06 03:37 AM
RR. Goodbye old friend freightgod Mountain Biking 3 October 24th 05 01:45 AM
goodbye small change Mountain Biking 8 May 25th 05 05:45 PM
Goodbye thinuniking Unicycling 2 March 3rd 04 08:42 PM