Cycling club in San Francisco

Old September 27th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
drz

Default Cycling club in San Francisco

Can anyone recommend a road cycling club in San Francisco for a
beginner to intermediate rider, preferably a club that does regular
rides into Marine. I am 39 years old in middling shape. Thanks.

Old September 29th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ttoshi

I'm a member of the grizzly peak cyclists in the East bay. We have lots
of rides in Marin county, but none to speak of in SF. If you are
willing go to Marin (or to East Bay) for a ride, then please consider
us.

www.grizzlypeakcyclists.org

--Right now we have a novice bike series ongoing, which I am
organizing, and it's lots of fun for both experienced and new riders
too. On the 15th of October we have a nice ride that starts on Lucas
Valley road in Marin county.

Toshi

Old September 29th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Banned

drz wrote:
Can anyone recommend a road cycling club in San Francisco for a
beginner to intermediate rider, preferably a club that does regular
rides into Marine. I am 39 years old in middling shape. Thanks.

Ask the people in the following shops-

Bike Nook, City Cycle or Bicycle Odessy(Sausalito)...

Old September 29th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
sally

http://www.sfbike.org/?chain

Old October 4th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bill

ttoshi wrote:
I'm a member of the grizzly peak cyclists in the East bay. We have lots
of rides in Marin county, but none to speak of in SF. If you are
willing go to Marin (or to East Bay) for a ride, then please consider
us.

www.grizzlypeakcyclists.org

--Right now we have a novice bike series ongoing, which I am
organizing, and it's lots of fun for both experienced and new riders
too. On the 15th of October we have a nice ride that starts on Lucas
Valley road in Marin county.

Toshi

Sounds good, but knowing Marin county the parking would be expensive for
the transport vehicle. Sausalito would be a good starting point for
rides to the old military installations and some great views of the
Golden Gate bridge. It is good cycling almost anywhere north of the
bridge, as long as you don't ride into the military area. I did that
once and was promptly shown the way out. Your ride sound like a good way
to spend a day.
Thanks for the note.
We need more of this and less of the Dolan/Brickston OFF TOPIC stuff.
Bill Baka
Old October 8th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Neary

--Right now we have a novice bike series ongoing, which I am
organizing, and it's lots of fun for both experienced and new riders
too. On the 15th of October we have a nice ride that starts on Lucas
Valley road in Marin county.

Toshi

Sounds good, but knowing Marin county the parking would be expensive for
the transport vehicle.

I bet the ride starts @ the Lucas Valley Park-N-Ride.

Total cost - zero dollars
Experience of riding in Marin - priceless.

Chris Neary

"Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the
same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on
a bicycle" - Helen Keller
Old October 10th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ttoshi

The ride is this Sunday the 15th. It used to start at the park-n-ride,
but we have had cars broken into, so we are starting just west of the
highway across from the Miller Creek Community Center at 10 AM for the
44 mile ride, and in Nicasio at 11 AM for the 22-mile ride.

See below for more info.

http://www.grizzlypeakcyclists.org/r...s.October.html

Everyone is welcome.

Toshi