No Helmets Needed?

Old January 10th 06, 11:04 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default No Helmets Needed?

In article .com,
Johnny Sunset ) wrote:

Dave Larrington wrote:
In article . com,
Johnny Sunset ) wrote:

The most annoying thing on larger group rides is when a cluster of
upright cyclists spread out and take up the whole road (or whole lane
when there is oncoming traffic) on a descent. This forces the rider on
an aerodynamic recumbent to ride the brakes all the way down the hill.
I am sure these same upright riders would be "****ing and moaning"
if a slow group of Fat Old Geezers (FOGs) on recumbents did the same on
an uphill section.

In much of my riding, anything more than single file makes it difficult
to get past. Though I did manage to scare the cr*p out of a couple of
lads going down towards Compton Abdale yesterday (as well as dropping
one of them going up the other side).

Speedmachine, Cosimo the Low Baron, or something else?

Trice XXL. I am no longer young and foolish enough to do That Sort Of
Thing on two wheels, as it often involves barrelling down country lanes
two metres wide and resembling a white-water kayaking course on most
respects save colour. And then you come round a corner and meet a Range
Rover coming the other way.

The Real Slim Shady's gone to play tennis.
Old January 10th 06, 11:08 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

In article .com,
Johnny Sunset ) wrote:

NYC XYZ wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

No, I can do that but you can't. If you did it it would be plagiarism and
forgery. You could go to jail for it.

Why, are you also copyrighted by microsoft?

That's "micro$oft" dude!

ITYM "Microsith". Unfortunately, the original www.microsith.com is no
longer extant, as otherwise one might have the pleasure of meeting Darth
Paperclip...

My only hope in life is to die before I get my comeuppence.
Old January 10th 06, 11:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Dave Larrington wrote:
In article .com,
Johnny Sunset ) wrote:

NYC XYZ wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:

No, I can do that but you can't. If you did it it would be plagiarism and
forgery. You could go to jail for it.

Why, are you also copyrighted by microsoft?

That's "micro$oft" dude!

ITYM "Microsith". Unfortunately, the original www.microsith.com is no
longer extant, as otherwise one might have the pleasure of meeting Darth
Paperclip...

Ah, Paperclip, the program that takes a $3,000 computer with 512MB of
ram, and a 4GHz processor and turns it into a Vic-20.

Old January 10th 06, 12:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Edward Dolan wrote:
"The Wogster" wrote in message
.. .

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

Costa Rica has the respect of the world too, even if not regarded as much
of a power. Canada does not have a great deficit like the US because it
does not pull its weight in the world like the US does. The Canadian
military is next to nothing. Canada is secure because of the US. The same
could be said for Europe too. The only bulwark in the world (thanks to
President Bush) for Western Civilization is the US. The very least
Canada could do is show some support for US policy if it does not want
to undertake any of the burden itself.

Well, we don't really need a big military, who would we war with, everyone
likes us, sure there has been the occassional terrorist, but domestically
there hasn't been war since, well 1812, when we kicked America's ass. A
little peace keeping here and there, and sending the occassional ship
fishing illegally in our waters packing, doesn't take a big military
force. The whole issue of without the big US military protecting the free
world, that it would suddenly collapse, is just so much male bovine
manure. The United States needs a big military, to secure it's oil
supply, and that is why it's taking control of then worlds second largest
current supplier.

The Mongol hordes from the steppes of Central Asia are waiting in the wings
to swoop down on you, but the US prevents it.

Yeah, sure they are, those Mongol hordes are having enough trouble with
other Mongol hordes, and have been having that trouble for, oh, the last
3,000 years..... They are not our problem. What is funny, is that the
US always goes on about it saving the world, but in the 1990's what did
the US do in Boznia, well, um, that was a European problem, and Europe
resolved it. I think the US wasn't interested because Boznia is not an
oil producing region.

Really the United States needs to lighten up, it's way to uptight, and
that big military is in charge of the winding key.

Really, Canada needs to take on its fair share of the world's burden and
stop sponging off the US. We Americans are getting sick and tired of
Canadians free loading off of us. You are as bad as the Europeans that way.

Well, who appointed the United States as the worlds Security Guard? The
United States did, and since you volunteered for the position, because
your government wanted to be known as a superpower, your stuck with it.
Then again Boznia shows, your not that good at it, and things at
home are not really going all that well.....

I would be happy to continue the conversation, but I suggest we take it
off list, it's no longer on topic here......

Old January 11th 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"The Wogster" wrote in message
.. .
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
The Mongol hordes from the steppes of Central Asia are waiting in the
wings to swoop down on you, but the US prevents it.

Yeah, sure they are, those Mongol hordes are having enough trouble with
other Mongol hordes, and have been having that trouble for, oh, the last
3,000 years..... They are not our problem. What is funny, is that the US
always goes on about it saving the world, but in the 1990's what did the
US do in Boznia, well, um, that was a European problem, and Europe
resolved it. I think the US wasn't interested because Boznia is not an
oil producing region.

The US under Clinton bombed the Serbs into submission. That is the advantage
of having an Air Force. I am not aware that the Europeans did anything at
all even though the Balkans are in their own backyard. But the Europeans do
not care if genocide occurs. They got used to the idea with Hitler. The US
is really the only moral nation on the face of the earth.

Really the United States needs to lighten up, it's way to uptight, and
that big military is in charge of the winding key.

Really, Canada needs to take on its fair share of the world's burden and
stop sponging off the US. We Americans are getting sick and tired of
Canadians free loading off of us. You are as bad as the Europeans that
way.

Well, who appointed the United States as the worlds Security Guard? The
United States did, and since you volunteered for the position, because
your government wanted to be known as a superpower, your stuck with it.
Then again Boznia shows, your not that good at it, and things at home are
not really going all that well.....

All Canadians should be down on their knees thanking God for the protection
that the US furnishes to the world. Without us, you would be overrun by
Mongol hordes and there is nothing you could or would do about it. A more
feckless nation hardly exists, except France of course. Canada and France -
what a pair!

I would be happy to continue the conversation, but I suggest we take it
off list, it's no longer on topic here......

Why would I want to take anything off list with you. You are a typical
Canadian, a liberal who has been brainwashed by your liberal media. I would
sooner talk to the wall than talk to you.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 11th 06, 02:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Edward Dolan wrote:

I would be happy to continue the conversation, but I suggest we take it
off list, it's no longer on topic here......

Why would I want to take anything off list with you. You are a typical
Canadian, a liberal who has been brainwashed by your liberal media. I
would sooner talk to the wall than talk to you.

Thread ended.

A thread only ends when the Great Ed Dolan decides to end it, not some
Canadian jerk who names himself The Wogster and sings off with a freaking W.

By and large, I do not have any time for those who do not use their real
names. I have ever found them to be scoundrels and knaves (a few exceptions)
and almost without exception to be know-nothing liberals. They eat, drink
and sleep liberal pabulum all their miserable lives.

So what is a freaking wogster? I guess if I were him I would want to remain
anonymous and nondescript as best I could too, buy why choose a name that
will not resonate with anyone except yourself. I refer you to my signature
for a real person who does not run and hide behind an idiotic user name and
then sign off with a single pitiful letter.

Old January 12th 06, 02:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Edward Dolan wrote:

It is a question of ethics, but decorum is even more important. In fact,
when you get to be my age you will realize that appearances are everything.
Who knows or cares what anyone is really like? Even married couples are
strangers to one another.

So it really doesn't matter how we style ourselves here.

Truth to tell, I do not even think my cats
understand me.

What do you expect from a brain the size of a walnut?

They look at me very cross much of the time even though I
dote on them. Why is that I wonder!

I hear they're very sensitive to smell.

No, when he gets fired up he will say really outrageous things that no one
else would dare say. That in my book is entertainment!

Haw haw haw! "No one else dares!" Reminds me of the time howie stern
had to apologize to the hispanics for making fun of
selena-what's-her-face's death...gee, who would have thought that 80%
of the market for flatulence, fake tits, and ethnic humor made by a Jew
is...hispanic! I bet most of bush limhog's fans are transvestites.

It is somewhat interesting to me that someone living in NYC would find
Keillor at all entertaining. His humor is quite countrified, even folk like.
He is far removed from the canyons of NYC.
[...]

Y'all are very quaint to us. We marvel at life in Wonder Bread
Country.

But that would quickly reduce to being nothing but a blog as I can't imagine
anyone coming to visit me when I all I would ever do is tell them about all
their shortcomings, like I am doing with you.
[...]

Did I have a shortcoming? Where?

OK, so be just another ghost on Usenet. Who cares? I guess maybe if my name
were Jack I would not want anyone one to know about it either. Who ever
heard of King Jack? On the other hand, King Edward is well known. Yes, it is
nice to a have a name you can be proud of and wear with distinction.

Funny you say distinction...I could never tell one long-haired fat guy
in tights from another.

I wonder if I shouldn't drop the Ed in my signature in favor of Edward? I
mean, it is just such a Great Name! However, there are still some few souls
on Usenet who do not think I am such a bad fellow and Ed is more familiar
than Edward. Less off-putting you know, even though I do regard myself as
worthy of being placed along side all those King Edwards. I really should be
addressed as Your Highness or Your Majesty accompanied by much bowing and
scraping.

Nah, they wouldn't really mean it. That's the trouble with servants --
you never know if they really mean "good morning."

I have never for the life of me been able to figure out what I am
doing living in the 21st century when I am clearly a man of the 18th century
and of a royal personage no less.

Me myself, I've always felt that I was born five hundred years too
early. Trolling usenet will be nothing compared to bothering people
from your jet-pack.

No "hey there" for me!

You prefer "yo' highness"?

More importantly, one liners will not cut it here in the long run. Try to
enlarge on your thoughts. Most particularly, try to avoid just one sentence
per paragraph. This marks you as a quipper (is this a word - one who makes
quips), but not necessarily a wit. Most of us should never strive for wit.
It is clearly beyond us as it requires a very high order of intelligence.
Even I, the Great Ed Dolan, am not capable of wit. Alas, I can only do low
grades of parody.

Sarcasm is indeed the laziest form of rebuttal.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

What you need is a website! Like so:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp

Old January 12th 06, 02:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

In article . com, NYC
XYZ ) wrote:

What you need is a website! Like so:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp

Gagh! My eyes! MY EYES!!

(join republican movement)

The best way to confuse a Daily Mail reader is to tell it that
paedophiles form the staple diet of asylum seekers.
Old January 12th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Curiously, no gift shoppe link.

But they are looking for a "carpet planner" at ~US$30K/yr.!

Then again, I wonder how much they pay their IRA moles, heh-heh.

No Helmets Needed? NYC XYZ General 206 January 16th 06 01:08 PM
Bicycle helmets help prevent serious head injury among children, part one. John Doe UK 3 November 30th 04 03:46 PM
Does public health care pay for your head injuries? John Doe UK 187 November 30th 04 02:51 PM
Convincing people to use helmets Oliver Keating UK 391 February 25th 04 11:50 AM
Compulsory helmets again! Richard Burton UK 526 December 29th 03 08:19 PM