getting RBM and other newsgroups

Old October 2nd 05, 05:44 AM
Andy Gee

Default getting RBM and other newsgroups

Seeing as we're all the traveling sort, do any of you get the newsgroup on
a PDA of any kind?

Mr. Gates made such a big deal about Outlook being a universal inbox, but
Outlook Mobile for PocketPC is strictly mail, no news. When I had a palm
Pilot, many years ago, there were shareware and pay applications for NNTP
but the PocketPC market is so small, I don't think anyone's written one.
My nephew & I were collaborating, also many years ago, on server-side WAP
apps for phones and PDAs, but he got all squirrely before we finished the
network news stuff.

So, how do you folks get the groups in your pockets?

--ag
Old October 2nd 05, 06:41 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Andy Gee writes:

So, how do you folks get the groups in your pockets?

By carefully lining up the shots, but not calling them.

How's 'bout a friendly game of one-pocket? :-)

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 2nd 05, 04:14 PM
Claire Petersky

"Andy Gee" wrote in message
.90...

So, how do you folks get the groups in your pockets?

I'm just trying to get it on a desk machine. Sunsite just emailed me --
they're only giving free newsfeed after October 15 to Danes. So then I
signed up for Teranews, but apparently I don't have OE configured right. I
emailed help, and it bounced back saying that my message appeared to be
spam. I'll email them for work -- maybe I'll look less like a spammer with a
dot org address. Still, my attitude is "feh".

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

Old October 2nd 05, 04:47 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
(Tom Keats) writes:
In article ,
Andy Gee writes:

So, how do you folks get the groups in your pockets?

By carefully lining up the shots, but not calling them.

How's 'bout a friendly game of one-pocket? :-)

Anyways, seriously, maybe this will help in your quest:

http://www.palmyanoff.com/

cheers,
Tom

Old October 2nd 05, 05:35 PM
maxo

Opera browser and groups.google.com seems to be a painless solution.

Old October 2nd 05, 05:49 PM
Andy Gee

(Tom Keats) wrote in
:

In article ,
(Tom Keats) writes:
In article ,
Andy Gee writes:

So, how do you folks get the groups in your pockets?

By carefully lining up the shots, but not calling them.

How's 'bout a friendly game of one-pocket? :-)

Anyways, seriously, maybe this will help in your quest:

http://www.palmyanoff.com/

cheers,
Tom

Thanks, but that's PalmOS. Damn Bill Gates anyway. He did the same thing
with Pocket Access. Why do I keep buying into this stuff?

--ag
Old October 2nd 05, 05:50 PM
Andy Gee

"maxo" wrote in news:1128270908.489995.314830
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Opera browser and groups.google.com seems to be a painless solution.

Google is my low-priority back up. But they don't refresh fast enough for
on-the-road utility. Thanks, though.

--ag
Old October 2nd 05, 07:24 PM
alan

According to today's newspaper, Palm is installing MS Windows Mobile on it's
new devices. The Palm OS days are numbered.

It looks like Bill Gates really is out to take over the world! And here I
was thinking it was just another product of my fevered imagination.

--

alan

Anyone who believes in a liberal media has never read the "Daily Oklahoman."

8.74...

Old October 2nd 05, 10:59 PM
Andy Gee

"alan" wrote in
:

According to today's newspaper, Palm is installing MS Windows Mobile
on it's new devices. The Palm OS days are numbered.

It looks like Bill Gates really is out to take over the world! And
here I was thinking it was just another product of my fevered
imagination.

So will WM get me mobile NNTP, do you think? Is this more overhead to take
up pocket resources? This is bad. I've always been a Palm guy since they
came out; I only use PocketPC because it's easier to do Office documents.
But PalmOS has a necessary elegance arising from it's essential simplicity.
Windoes is just the opposite. I remember when I first got a Palm Pilot. I
was amazed and dumbstruck that there was a machine that would just run
programs and not crash, not take time to boot, not freeze, not do anything
except work. Then I got the PocketPC and got jolted back to reality.

--ag
Old October 2nd 05, 11:14 PM
Reid Priedhorsky

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:44:14 +0000, Andy Gee wrote:

So, how do you folks get the groups in your pockets?

Is that rec.bicycles.misc in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Reid