Cleaning my bike

Old August 22nd 04, 12:41 PM
Tim olsen

Default Cleaning my bike

Do they sell any product that I can spray on my Road bike to keep it clean
from dust and grime. without damaging the paint.
Its an expensive bike, and I like to keep it looking smick.

Old August 22nd 04, 04:41 PM
Michael Warner

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:41:22 +1000, Tim olsen wrote:

Do they sell any product that I can spray on my Road bike to keep it clean
from dust and grime. without damaging the paint.
Its an expensive bike, and I like to keep it looking smick.

Could you clarify whether you want something that actively repels the dust
and grime in transit, so that it never lands on your bike in the first
place, or something that dissolves it, without leaving any residue, when
applied?

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo
Old August 22nd 04, 09:15 PM
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:41:22 +1000
Tim olsen wrote:
Do they sell any product that I can spray on my Road bike to keep it clean
from dust and grime. without damaging the paint.
Its an expensive bike, and I like to keep it looking smick.

Mr Sheen will clean pretty well anything off your bike and protect and
shine paint and alloy.

I don't know if a grime repellant has been invented yet...

Zebee

--
Zebee Johnstone ), proud holder of
aus.motorcycles Poser Permit #1.
Old August 24th 04, 03:30 AM
Mike

Tim olsen wrote:
Do they sell any product that I can spray on my Road bike to keep it clean

I find DHMO useful. Its readily available at chemical suppliers and good
bike shops, but there are some safety concerns - see
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Old August 24th 04, 05:52 AM
Porn Shop Stiffy

"Mike" wrote in message
Tim olsen wrote:
Do they sell any product that I can spray on my Road bike to keep it

clean

I find DHMO useful. Its readily available at chemical suppliers and good
bike shops, but there are some safety concerns - see
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

from dust and grime. without damaging the paint.
Its an expensive bike, and I like to keep it looking smick.

Wow....what an original thread that has never been posted before. What you
need to do is use a high pressure water cleaner....especially around the
bottom bracket. You also need to wipe a thin film of oil around your rim to
stop the brake shoe from wearing....

Old August 24th 04, 06:03 AM
Porn Shop Stiffy

"Tim olsen" wrote in message
Do they sell any product that I can spray on my Road bike to keep it clean
from dust and grime. without damaging the paint.
Its an expensive bike, and I like to keep it looking smick.

Forgot to add that I really can't wait for your "clipless pedal" thread.

Old August 24th 04, 11:00 PM
Peter Cremasco

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:52:00 +1000, "Porn Shop Stiffy"
hgfkmndvkytecsbemytbdmiunmswyeuiworeiowgfiorgjreo
wrote:

Wow....what an original thread that has never been posted before. What you
need to do is use a high pressure water cleaner....especially around the
bottom bracket. You also need to wipe a thin film of oil around your rim to
stop the brake shoe from wearing....

Don't even joke about that. It's been 8 years, but the memory lingers.

I'd only ever ridden bikes with the pedal activated back-brake - and
then I bought my first mulit-geared bike with front and back
hand-operated brakes.

Made sure I gave the sidewalls of the tyres a good spray with silicon
protectant to keep 'em looking as new for a while. Brilliant idea, until
I'm coming down a Toowoomba hill and the traffic light at the bottom of
the hill turns red.

I swear that the bike actually went faster when the brakes were applied.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
19 Days to go: NBG Mayors' Ride Excitement #5 Cycle America Recumbent Biking 0 March 30th 05 07:32 PM
Windosr Tourist Bike Revisiited Earl Bollinger General 16 February 13th 05 08:04 PM