The No-Shopping Season

Old September 18th 14, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default The No-Shopping Season

It was a bit cool for what I was wearing when I stepped out to comb my
hair this morning. It'll be warmer later in the morning, and I'll be
putting out more heat when I'm working, but maybe I should take my
rain jacket just in case.

And thus approacheth the season when I can't buy anything because my
panniers are full of clothing.

Won't one of you southerners post about how you are taking layers off?

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
Old September 18th 14, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Left the jacket home -- and with the shopping in my panniers, that was
very, very good. I had to hang the bag of bagels from the last stop
off the side. But I did have a nice square space on top of the cooler
that just fit the loaf of bread.

Considered getting my gloves out of the emergency kit early in the
ride. (No, but on my previous ride I took them off and that was a
convenient place to stash them.) But I came home to drop a sweaty
undershirt into a bucket of acidulated water. (It is silk; I put a
drop of vinegar in just in case my sweat is alkaline.)

The shopping piled up because I felt so good three-fourths of the way
through the Spring Creek tour that I decided to tack on a Sprawlmart
tour. I haven't checked yet to see whether that pushed me over a
quarter century.

Altogether, a very good day -- and I don't have to cook tonight, we
are going to split a bagel sandwich.

Old September 19th 14, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:47:07 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I haven't checked yet to see whether that pushed me over a
quarter century.

31.3 miles -- a new record for the summer, and I'm not very tired.

Had a low spell when the tea wore off (I have tea instead of a nap on
long-ride days)but no muscles are complaining of overwork.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
The above message is a Usenet post.

Online shopping Andrzej Mountain Biking 0 May 4th 06 11:59 AM
Bike Shopping Mark Australia 9 September 23rd 05 08:26 AM
went shopping yesterday Kim Australia 14 July 14th 05 03:36 PM
shopping pk UK 19 March 11th 05 12:45 AM
Been shopping? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 5 February 9th 04 12:16 PM