OAP drivers

Old April 2nd 09, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Sylvia Wood

Default OAP drivers

A very long time ago it was widely believed that the human body could not
withstand traveling in excess of 20mph.

Could somebody please inform all the OAP drivers that this has since been
disproved. Thank you.

Old April 2nd 09, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason

"Sylvia Wood" wrote in message
A very long time ago it was widely believed that the human body could not
withstand traveling in excess of 20mph.

Could somebody please inform all the OAP drivers that this has since been
disproved. Thank you.

Even if they are in a 20mph speed limit zone?

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old April 2nd 09, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.transport
graham

"Sylvia Wood" wrote in message
A very long time ago it was widely believed that the human body could not
withstand traveling in excess of 20mph.

Could somebody please inform all the OAP drivers that this has since been
disproved. Thank you.

Va-te-faire enculer!

Old April 2nd 09, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Sylvia Wood wrote:
A very long time ago it was widely believed that the human body could not
withstand traveling in excess of 20mph.

Could somebody please inform all the OAP drivers that this has since been
disproved. Thank you.

It certainly makes the news when an old driver does this or has an
accident. But not if it's a youngster driving at an inappropriate speed or
having that accident. Far too many to report...

--
*Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Dave Plowman London SW 12

Old April 2nd 09, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:22:10 +0100, Sylvia Wood said
in :

A very long time ago it was widely believed that the human body could not
withstand traveling in excess of 20mph.
Could somebody please inform all the OAP drivers that this has since been
disproved. Thank you.

Ah, a "Micra lout" troll. Ker-plunk.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Contents packed by intellectual weight and may settle
after posting. May contain traces of irony.
Old April 2nd 09, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
nightjar

"Sylvia Wood" wrote in message
A very long time ago it was widely believed that the human body could not
withstand traveling in excess of 20mph.

Learned medical opinion once held that it would be impossible to breathe if
travelling in excess of 15mph, but there was never any similar view about
20mph.

Could somebody please inform all the OAP drivers that this has since been
disproved. Thank you.

I see that Doug's absence has created a gap in uk.transport that is
attracting would be successors. BTW my late mother used to drive at 50mph
everywhere, including towns.

Colin Bignell

Old April 2nd 09, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Paul - xxx[_2_]

nightjar wrote:

BTW my late mother used to drive at 50mph everywhere, including towns.

Heheheh, My Grandad used to do something in a similar vein .. Right
Foot flat down in every gear until the engine was bouncing valves, then
change up and continue. In town he was invariably going from 1st to
2nd to full stop. No half-measures, flat out or stopped. I think he
believed the lowest gear possible should be used at every road speed

He once chased (In a Morris 1000 Traveller) a Pheasant across a
ploughed field .. because he fancied something other than Roast Beef
for Sunday Dinner ...

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

Old April 2nd 09, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
_[_9_]

nightjar cpb@ wrote:
BTW my late mother used to drive at 50mph
everywhere, including towns.

She drove everywhere at 50 and she was *still* late?

I'll get me coat...
Old April 3rd 09, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Christina Websell

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
nightjar wrote:

BTW my late mother used to drive at 50mph everywhere, including towns.

Heheheh, My Grandad used to do something in a similar vein .. Right
Foot flat down in every gear until the engine was bouncing valves, then
change up and continue. In town he was invariably going from 1st to
2nd to full stop. No half-measures, flat out or stopped. I think he
believed the lowest gear possible should be used at every road speed

He once chased (In a Morris 1000 Traveller) a Pheasant across a
ploughed field .. because he fancied something other than Roast Beef
for Sunday Dinner ...

I'm now quite concerned that your grandfather is the same person as mine ;-)
He was a terror in his Morris 1000. I doubt he ever took a driving test
(and if he had he wouldn't have passed it..)

Bus drivers Tony Raven UK 50 March 4th 07 11:03 PM
The arrogance of drivers harro Australia 5 April 12th 06 04:56 AM
some drivers 2 Mbike UK 0 January 20th 06 08:29 PM
Some drivers! Mbike UK 24 January 15th 06 09:30 PM
Not All Bus Drivers are Sh!ts Neal Milne UK 8 September 13th 03 08:15 PM