"Chopper" bicycles

Old August 7th 05, 07:58 PM
araby

wrote in message
A couple of times lately I have seen something that looks very much
like a miniature Harley-Davidson motorcycle tooling around the streets.
Get a little closer, and they prove to be bicycles, with raised
handlebars, chopped forks, and massive tires that look like you'd have to
buy replacements from a motorcycle shop.
It looks to me like these things must be horribly slow and inefficient,
but I think it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually
ridden one. Do they have any advantages, other than being "kewl?"

The current offerings are clearly based on the "American Chopper" and
similar high art form TV shows.
The Canadian Tire version even refers to it being cobranded with Orange
County Choppers in its sales hype.
See:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortmen...=1119360088188
Geez, what an address!!

They actually look quite nice but -they weigh a ton and will do a great
deal to ensure that its owner's enthusiasm for cycling will be brief. My
knees hurt just looking at it!

Cheers,

Roy