How *lovely*

Old November 18th 05, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default How *lovely*

I've had my faith in human nature restored this evening.

Nathan arrived home from college.

Seems that frequently on his college commute he passes a family taking their
dog out for a walk.

Tonight as he passed them, the mum flagged him down.

She handed him a pair of clear shades.
"Are these yours? We found them yesterday, and we've seen you wearing such
things."

They weren't the same, and Natahn said so, but as the family have no use for
a pair of clear shades, Nathan now has another pair.

Seems pleasantries were exchanged where Nathan thanked them for keeping
their dog under control when he cycles by.

How *lovely* that they thought that something they found might belong to the
sole cyclist they see cycling the lanes, and I have to say I'm chuffed that
Nathan had it in his brain to thank them for thinking of him and for keeping
their dog under control whenever he is cycling by.

Restored my faith in human nature, it did!

Cheers, helen s

Old November 18th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
Tonight as he passed them, the mum flagged him down.

She handed him a pair of clear shades.
"Are these yours? We found them yesterday, and we've seen you wearing
such things."

They weren't the same, and Natahn said so, but as the family have no use
for a pair of clear shades, Nathan now has another pair.

Seems pleasantries were exchanged where Nathan thanked them for keeping
their dog under control when he cycles by.

Cool. That's what is so great about walking/cycling - you actually get
to interact with others around you at more than a sign-language level.

--
Chris

PS: Hope Vernon is feeling better soon

Old November 20th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
I've had my faith in human nature restored this evening.

It works the other way around too - every morning as I cycle to work I
pass the same people, some with and some without dogs

But I'm concerned that I have not seen an old boy recently who generally
walks his 2 labradors

Sometimes I will stop and let him and the dogs pass me, exchanging a
good morning, sometimes he will stop and hold his dogs

I keep looking for him, its been a week or two since I've seen him

mags