Police on the hunt for yet another hit and run scum

Old July 20th 16, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Police on the hunt for yet another hit and run scum

QUOTE:
“I was cycling down the main road when a car moved into my lane hitting my bike and knocking me out. All I remember is seeing the car then being on the floor. I couldn’t remember my own name or where I was.”

Akram was admitted to hospital for a day and subsequently readmitted after reporting headaches and dizziness. “I thought I was lucky not to have cuts or scratches but a day after I was taken out of hospital I was told I had internal bleeding in my skull.”

He also said that pieces of his carbon fibre bike had “shattered” as a result of the impact.

A Met Police spokesman has confirmed they are investigating.

http://road.cc/content/news/198008-v...er-crashes-him
Old July 20th 16, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/07/2016 12:43, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:
“I was cycling down the main road when a car moved into my lane hitting my bike and knocking me out. All I remember is seeing the car then being on the floor. I couldn’t remember my own name or where I was.”

Akram was admitted to hospital for a day and subsequently readmitted after reporting headaches and dizziness. “I thought I was lucky not to have cuts or scratches but a day after I was taken out of hospital I was told I had internal bleeding in my skull.”

He also said that pieces of his carbon fibre bike had “shattered” as a result of the impact.

A Met Police spokesman has confirmed they are investigating.

http://road.cc/content/news/198008-v...er-crashes-him

The reg number is clearly visible and readable, so "investigation"
shouldn't take klong.

If only all vehicles were fitted with such a useful identification
marke, eh?
Old July 20th 16, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

TOYOTA YARIS TR VVT-I EJ63 AWC

Old July 20th 16, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 20/07/2016 12:49, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Quite why the cyclist was gazing at the floor and made no attempt to
slow for the hazard is strange. Equally strange is why he would ride
such a fragile machine on the road.
Old July 20th 16, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 20/07/2016 18:33, Aubrey Straw wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:

[...]

The cyclist was already travelling slowly and there was no hazard until that
motorist drove his car straight into the cyclist's right of way making a
collision unavoidable.

You should read and understand your Highway Code, look at the first
couple of paragraphs. A prudent cyclist would have avoided the crash.

If the cyclist was travelling slowly (he wasn't) then why would he need
a 4000 gbp carbon fibre bike, which shattered upon impact?

Old July 20th 16, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

MrCheerful wrote:

[...]

More importantly, a prudent motorist would not have caused the crash.

This collision was caused by a hit and run driver and the victim was the
cyclist. If you read the comments following that article the consensus is
quite clear.

If the cyclist was travelling slowly (he wasn't) then why would he need
a 4000 gbp carbon fibre bike, which shattered upon impact?

Why the need to exaggerate? The bicycle didn't shatter upon impact, pieces
of it did. Also, just as an expensively, powerful car is capable of
travelling slowly, so is a 4000gbp carbon fibre bike. Neither need to pushed
to their maximum capabilities 100% of the time?

So have you read the Highway Code part I mentioned?

Most crashes occur when more than one person makes an error.

Why the need for racing bikes with their inherently poor posture
requirements and limited visibility? If exercise is the 'goal' then why
not use a cheap ordinary bike and be able to see where you are going?

Old July 22nd 16, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 20/07/2016 13:49, MrCheerful wrote:

Quite why the cyclist was gazing at the floor

Since when have cameras been available with automagic eye tracking?

I don't know about you but most people don't have tunnel vision and can
move their eyes independently of their head.

and made no attempt to slow for the hazard is strange.

It is very obvious from the clip that he came off the power and covered
the brakes before the junction.