Trolling DJ to be sacked for sick comments

Old February 10th 16, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Trolling DJ to be sacked for sick comments

QUOTE:
"A popular radio personality is facing disciplinary action after making light of the safety issues surrounding cyclists' use of roads - soon after the deaths of two cyclists at the weekend.

"Minter-Brown made the post at around 5pm on Monday, issued an apology soon afterwards and took it down about an hour later at the request of his manager at the radio station.

"I am deeply sorry. I am facing disciplinary action at the moment and will probably lose my job over this. I just hope people know that I am truly sorry," Minter-Brown told The Mercury."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...kfires-1982209
Old February 10th 16, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...kfires-1982209

"...when you see them cycling, they are barely visible."

Old February 10th 16, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 10/02/2016 10:21, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:
"A popular radio personality is facing disciplinary action after making light of the safety issues surrounding cyclists' use of roads - soon after the deaths of two cyclists at the weekend.
"Minter-Brown made the post at around 5pm on Monday, issued an apology soon afterwards and took it down about an hour later at the request of his manager at the radio station.
"I am deeply sorry. I am facing disciplinary action at the moment and will probably lose my job over this. I just hope people know that I am truly sorry," Minter-Brown told The Mercury."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...kfires-1982209

QUOTE:
The victims ... had been cycling on the M4* near the Broadway/ Swapo
Road off-ramp when they were knocked down by alleged drunk driver Xxxxxx
Xxxxxxxx in the early hours of Sunday.

Since then, authorities have pointed out that cycling on any freeway is
illegal, an argument dismissed by most cycle clubs, who say the route is
used often by cyclists and there are no signs prohibiting the practice.
ENDQUOTE

Cycling clubs, eh?

Their undoubted motto: Any law can be broken with impunity as long as
it's a cyclist committing the crime.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Appendices:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled-access_highway#South_Africa

QUOTE:
In South Africa, the term freeway differs from most other parts of the
world. A freeway is a road where certain restrictions apply. The
following are forbidden from using a freeway:

a vehicle drawn by an animal;
a pedal cycle (such as a bicycle);
a motorcycle having an engine with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50
cm3 or that is propelled by electrical power;
a motor tricycle or motor quadrucycle;
pedestrians
ENDQUOTE

Old February 10th 16, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 10:37:54 UTC, TMS320 wrote:
http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...kfires-1982209

"...when you see them cycling, they are barely visible."

Ah yes, The invisible cyclist was wearing dark green trousers, a dark blue jacket, dark red socks, dark brown shoes, a dark grey hat and he had Sennheiser earpieces in.
Old February 10th 16, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Trolling Simon to be sacked for OT postings

On 10/02/2016 10:21, Alycidon wrote: OT stuff

He really should read the charter for this group.

Old February 10th 16, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

**** off to a motoring newsgroup, spag.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old February 10th 16, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Trolling DJ has indeed been sacked for his comments.

His life "has been ruined" - diddums.

QUOTE:
"East Coast Radio spokesperson Anisa Ussuph announced the station's decision to fire Minter-Brown in a statement issued on Wednesday afternoon.

"In light of the insensitive and offensive comments made by contractor, Kevin Minter-Brown, on his personal Facebook page following the tragic deaths of two cyclists East Coast Radio has taken the decision to terminate Minter-Brown's contract with immediate effect," Usuph said.

"This is a difficult time for the family and friends of cyclists, Jared Dwyer and Richard da Silva, and East Coast Radio would like to humbly apologise for Minter-Brown's callous remarks," she said.

Minter-Brown's sponsorship relationship with a Volkswagen dealership Umhlanga has also been terminated.

"[While we accept] Mr Minter-Brown's apology, it in no way endorses, concurs with or ratifies, the comments expressed or alluded to in respect of the tragic deaths of Mr Jared Dwyer and Mr Richard Da Silva

Regrettably therefore, [we] will no longer be continuing [our] relationship with Mr Minter-Brown," McCarthy VW Umhlanga said in statement.

Minter-Brow said the post has ruined his life, saying he has received death threats.

http://www.citizen.co.za/985535/radi...ists-comments/
Old February 11th 16, 06:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 02:21:35 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:
"A popular radio personality is facing disciplinary action after making light of the safety issues surrounding cyclists' use of roads - soon after the deaths of two cyclists at the weekend.

"Minter-Brown made the post at around 5pm on Monday, issued an apology soon afterwards and took it down about an hour later at the request of his manager at the radio station.

"I am deeply sorry. I am facing disciplinary action at the moment and will probably lose my job over this. I just hope people know that I am truly sorry," Minter-Brown told The Mercury."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...kfires-1982209

Was that from the Hull Daily Mail - does he work for Radio Humberside?

Or is it nothing to do with the UK?

Old February 11th 16, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 17:52:59 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
Trolling DJ has indeed been sacked for his comments.

His victim's comments:

"Da Silva's mother, Rosa, told The Mercury through tears that she could not accept "any word" that went against her son.

"You can't make a hurtful joke about someone dying. We are all just devastated and cannot believe he was taken from us. I would not wish this hurt on any mother."

Da Silva said her son had always been careful when cycling and questioned why people were blaming cyclists when it was alleged that the driver was drunk and had been speeding.

"He never drove drunk or recklessly. Safety was a priority for him," she said.

"This time, only two people died. Next time, it could be 10 or 15, yet we are still blaming the cyclists."

The M4 from Umhlanga to Ballito was a general access route, open to cyclists, said Daryl Harris, the chairman of the East Coast Cycling Club."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...g-joke-1982809
Old February 11th 16, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 11/02/2016 07:30, Alycidon wrote:

[ ... ]

The M4 from Umhlanga to Ballito was a general access route, open to cyclists, said Daryl Harris, the chairman of the East Coast Cycling Club."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...g-joke-1982809

Well that's odd, because the South African authorities say it's a
freeway (and in SA, freeways are apparently off-limits to cycling).

marty wallace aka friday remines me of "Cho Seung-hui" SICK, SICK [email protected] Australia 0 April 23rd 07 09:58 PM
Marty Wallace aka friday remines me of "Cho Seung-hui" SICK, SICK [email protected] Australia 0 April 23rd 07 09:35 PM
Ulrich sacked elyob UK 2 July 22nd 06 09:47 AM
Jiri Mainus Sacked as well? jerry in vermont Racing 7 April 7th 06 10:13 PM
Sacked the Movie ( teaser) unibrow Unicycling 6 December 20th 03 07:54 AM