Any tips for filming mobile phone using cagers?

Old July 15th 08, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Woodall

Default Any tips for filming mobile phone using cagers?

http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his concentration
on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing given todays news
headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone got
any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to practice
with.

Tim.

and there was light.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/ http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/
Old July 15th 08, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

Tim Woodall wrote:

http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his concentration
on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing given todays news
headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone got
any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to practice
with.

Tim.

Wouldn't you be better off asking your superintendent?
Old July 15th 08, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brownz \(Mobile\)

Tim Woodall wrote:
http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his concentration
on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing given todays news
headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone
got any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to
practice with.

Ask yourself a couple of questions.

Are you a police officer ?

Is using a camera phone whilst on a bike any worse than the cage user
talking on his ?

--
Cheerz - Brownz
'89 K100RS

Old July 15th 08, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Brownz (Mobile)" wrote in message
Tim Woodall wrote:
http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his concentration
on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing given todays news
headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone
got any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to
practice with.

Ask yourself a couple of questions.

Are you a police officer ?

Is using a camera phone whilst on a bike any worse than the cage user
talking on his ?

Yes. Coz Tim's not interacting with the thing - it's mounted on him or his
bike (can't remember which one). Do you see any safety problem with that?

clive

Old July 15th 08, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:05:38 +0100, "Brownz \(Mobile\)"
wrote:

Tim Woodall wrote:
http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his concentration
on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing given todays news
headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone
got any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to
practice with.

Ask yourself a couple of questions.

Are you a police officer ?

Is using a camera phone whilst on a bike any worse than the cage user
talking on his ?

I expect he's using a helmet mounted camera.
Old July 15th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Rudin[_2_]

"Brownz (Mobile)" writes:

Is using a camera phone whilst on a bike any worse than the cage user
talking on his ?

In law there's an obvious difference...

Old July 15th 08, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_3_]

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:38:21 +0000, Tim Woodall wrote:

http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his concentration
on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing given todays news
headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone got
any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to practice
with.

Well you've got his registration and a video of what looks like apalling
driving - it's still bad whether or not he was using a mobile. That's
enough for the police to do something with (*cough* maybe)

peter
Old July 15th 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Woodall

Brownz (Mobile) wrote:
Tim Woodall wrote:
http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his concentration
on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing given todays news
headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone
got any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to
practice with.

Ask yourself a couple of questions.

Are you a police officer ?

Is using a camera phone whilst on a bike any worse than the cage user
talking on his ?

Erm, it's mounted on my handlebars. Do you _really_ think I cycle along
with a camera phone in my hand filming my journey?

Old July 15th 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brownz \(Mobile\)

Tim Woodall wrote:
http://www.woodall.me.uk/journey/20080715/avi_0003.mpg

was my "adventure" with a driver with more than half his
concentration on his phone conversation today. Rather depressing
given todays news headlines.

Unfortunately, all I've got is the reflection off his window. Anyone
got any tips for getting a picture next time? I don't have a car to
practice with.

Ask yourself a couple of questions.

Are you a police officer ?

Is using a camera phone whilst on a bike any worse than the cage user
talking on his ?

Yes. Coz Tim's not interacting with the thing - it's mounted on him
or his bike (can't remember which one). Do you see any safety problem
with that?

Any recording device in a car / on a motorcycle or on a push bike whether it
be mounted or un-mounted still warrants a certain amount of interaction.

Plus yer man had to stop in a traffic lane to point out to the cage user
that he was filming him.

May not be breaking any laws per se, but he falls into the same sad bag of
losers that drive around filming in cars and then posting other road users
wrong doings to a website (can't remember the one but it was in the news
last year).

If someone was to cut me up whilst using a phone they'd soon know about it,
there is no excuse for not being able to use a hands free kit these days.

--
Cheerz - Brownz
'89 K100RS

Old July 15th 08, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Tim Woodall wrote:
[...]

Nope, you attach it to the bike or h*lm*t, turn it when you get on your
bike, turn it off when you arrive at your destination, and ignore it the
rest of the time. Unless you are stopped at which point you can point it
where you want.

Martin.