So much fr a growth in bicycle riding from the pandemic.

Old June 3rd 20, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default So much fr a growth in bicycle riding from the pandemic.

On Tue, 02 Jun 2020 03:37:58 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 6:12:53 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote to the thief
Peter Howard who post here as news18

what did you steal from Peter Howard to make his spectre haunt your
Wreams.

Gosh, if you really went at it right you might get Holdan back.

Dumbos like the thief Peter Howard thinks thick workers like him know
more than than educated and experienced risk-takers in the management of
large corporations. He doesn't know what there right way is.

Lol, GMH/GMC, Ford, Chryseler, et all didn't take any risks. They only
retained "manufacturing" here on the back of government subsidies.
Meanwhile, many small companies who made parts for them diversifyied and/
or found OS customers.

Anyhow, as we used to say when Australia was still the Great Country,
getting Holden back is the least of Australia's worries. First they
gotta get their coal and gas fired generating stations

Lol, gas powered generation in Australia never was and the idea of gas
blinked and faces a bleak future as PV solar and wind power is making it
uneconomic to invest in gas power plants. It is cheaper for me to infest
my total roof with PV, and add a Musk type battery, than buy power from
gas or new coal generators. The new motor vehicle will be an electric
vehicle.

As to big industry they are currently surviving on old coal atm and
crunching the numbers. Absolutely none of them are investing in gas or
new coal. If anything, they are looking at wind+battery after covering
every bit of roof top with PV.

AJ, your thinking is so WWII era and the globe has moved on.

Old June 3rd 20, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Tue, 02 Jun 2020 03:51:45 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 5:20:26 AM UTC+1, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2020 08:08:20 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

Of all people to use the term "parasite" you have to be the funniest.
You are a tick on the body public. You do not nor have you ever
pulled your own weight. And then to called people who actually
provide not just a needed service but one that even supplies what the
environmentalists have asked for - less personal auto use - makes you
just about the lowest layer on the parasite ladder.

The richest(? second) richest man in australia said; onl a fools pay
more tax in australia that he has to. Hmm, the advice of poor Tommy, or
Kezza?
I think i'll stick with Kezza's advice.

And here the thief Peter Howard aka news18 admits that he's an
anti-social tax criminal as well. Now, who here would be surprised to
discover that he spent his early "retirement" on unemployment handouts

Err, nope, my investments paid sufficent return and continue to do so.
And thus I could then udertake the activites I prefer, like bicycle
touring and bushwalking.

by the government, a parasite on the working men and women of Australia
-- and the corporations he condemns so ineffectually.

Corporations in Australia pay very little if any tax. It is the poor mugs
who load themselves up with expensive mortgages with life long repayment
plans for a house and status motor vehicle that pay taxes in Australia.

My preferred commute was alwys bicycle and/or public transport.
Old June 3rd 20, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 7:49:00 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
[...]

Tell you what, you can always load those corporations up with taxes so they leave or go bankrupt. In that matter you will certainly improve the lives of the poor mugs you appear to feel so much for. Man, just let me get within arms reach of you.
Old June 4th 20, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 03 Jun 2020 07:47:28 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

[...]

For a start, GovCo could stop giving them handouts and tax breaks. That
would take a very large load off individual taxpayers.

BTW, if you could read, you'd already know this from reports in all the
news media, including the US media.

If you had listened to your elders, you would have also learnt this too,
but you probably shut your ears and brain and called them loosers.

I also had the advantage that the preccedings of the Australain Federal
Parliament has been broadcast during my entire life and i've lisened to
it over the years.

In that matter you will certainly improve the
lives of the poor mugs you appear to feel so much for.

Man, just let me
get within arms reach of you.

Lol, the desperate plea of an sadly pathetic old man that wasted his life
and learnt nothing from it and searches desperately for some way to
denigrate others in a desperate hope to give importance to his life.

Old June 5th 20, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 5:47:12 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
[...]

You are a perfect example of a victim of vigilantes. All you have to do is continue to tout your communist propaganda. Most Aussies aren't like you.
Old June 5th 20, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 16:00:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

And how would you know? Spent considerable time in Australia? Or maybe
you flew in the Australian Air Force like you did on the B-52's? Or
maybe you met a bloke in a bar and bought him a can of XXXX beer?

Or you just don't know what you are talking about. Just like the rest
of your vast knowledge?

--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 5th 20, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 21:38:38 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Bonus points if they wear wool.

Where do they get the wool?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old June 5th 20, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

Bonus points if they wear wool.

Where do they get the wool?

Pretty much everywhere, it's not ra
http://www.yellowjersey.org/wool.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 5th 20, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

Bonus points if they wear wool.

Where do they get the wool?

Pretty much everywhere, it's not ra
http://www.yellowjersey.org/wool.html

Heck, I've got some to give away.

One winter/COVID project on my list was to build more clothing storage
for my wife's clothes. But first, I suggested we inventory things in
case there were things to donate.

A miracle occurred! I don't have to build any storage. And we have a
pile of stuff to donate.

Among them is one heavy wool Bellwether woman's long sleeve jersey.
Yellow (or yellow-orange) with black sides and trim. Two rear pockets
with buttons. 4" zipper. Size is marked XLG but that must have been
before it was washed. It's now a women's small or medium.

My wife will never wear this; it's too retro for us. But it seems like a
shame to send it to the Salvation Army, who will probably shred it. It's
just the thing for an Eroica ride.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 5th 20, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Bonus points if they wear wool.

Where do they get the wool?

Pretty much everywhere, it's not ra
http://www.yellowjersey.org/wool.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

The nose ring absolutely guarantees I wouldn't look any further.