did topolino really re-invent the wheel?

Old March 23rd 04, 12:12 AM
JayofMontreal

Default did topolino really re-invent the wheel?

As I said in my previous messages, having spoke to Rafe a number of times
he's a very knowledgeable individual who has been in the industry for a very
long time. There are several "experts" in this newsgroup who believe
anything not made in Italy is crap (except he is not Italian so what does
that mean?).

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Fixey" wrote in message
.. .
After reading some of the posts on this thread (mainly Tim's) and
having just bought a pair myself I contacted the company asking them to
explain the "misleading information" on there site. there response was
very fast....

"I'm sorry, but you have to take these newsgroups with a grain of salt.
I used to follow this one religiously a while back, but got turned off
by the psuedo-authoratative responses when the authors were just putting
forth their own (mostly negative) conjecture. I'm not knocking it -
everybody is entitled to their opinion, right? Just try to take it in
the context in which it is given, if you know what I mean.

Don't worry, we stand behind everything that is on our website. If you
would like some clarification of any of the points, you are welcome to
ask me. This is the designer here, no marketing hype. In the meantime,
i recommend that you spend some time on your wheels and develop your
own opinions.

Cheers,

Rafe"

Think I will take his advise, off for a ride....

--

---

Old March 23rd 04, 02:10 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Jay- There are several "experts" in this newsgroup who believe
anything not made in Italy is crap (except he is not Italian so what does
that mean?). BRBR

What does that mean??

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old March 23rd 04, 02:10 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Jay- There are several "experts" in this newsgroup who believe
anything not made in Italy is crap (except he is not Italian so what does
that mean?). BRBR

What does that mean??

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

a wheel dilemna Penny S Mountain Biking 8 January 13th 04 04:23 PM
Rotating wheel drag SR Techniques 3 November 22nd 03 02:13 PM
Wheel Covers used in Time Trials Shock Techniques 5 July 23rd 03 10:17 PM
Rear wheel building questions Antti Salonen Techniques 4 July 15th 03 08:42 PM