A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Fun with exponents

Old May 25th 20, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Fun with exponents

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:34:22 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 6:46:11 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 8:45:02 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/24/2020 11:36 AM, wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is a hoax.

Don't offer it here, Tom. We're not worthy of your unique wisdome. Get
out and tell the world!

Speak for yourself, Franki-boy. You're not the gate-keeper on RBT. Just in case you're being stupid again, it means you don't decide who can be a member.

You clearly haven't spent enough time marching around with your sign on
a stick. Get to it, man!

You should leave the snark at home. You have zero talent for repartee, in fact zero talent for anything useful. All we can see is a pompous pig's bladder full of emptiness.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Somehow the data from the CDC themselves doesn't seem to make it through that moronic brain of yours. No wonder you were a teacher and not a real engineer. Facts cannot penetrate your head.

Actually, Tom, this is an amusing exchange, considering all the times that the limp-brain Krygowski has claimed to be a statistical maven -- and been caught out being stupid or simply lying.

It you look at the chart showing the rise in covid-19 cases you do not see any corresponding rise in overall deaths. That is because there weren't any. Or so slight as to be statistically insignificant. And speaking of insignificant it is time for you to post more of your utter ignorance.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nchs-data.html

That's an interesting graph that fully bears out your conclusion. Frank-boy and the other clowns whose mode of persuasion is to deny everything you say should check the rather short blue line to the right of the steeply rising red line. Perhaps the clowns denying the truth mistake the percentages for numbers: yo, clowns, on the blue lines are numbers of total deaths, the rest are percentages.

I understand that when you are a piece of **** you simply cannot help yourself from acting like a piece of ****. Have a good death. Soon.

Nah, I want Franki-boy Kygowski to have a long miserable life. He's a fine example of what I do to bullies and scum, such a coward that instead of engaging with me he pretends not to read my posts. If Franki-boy is what passes for a "Professor" in Youngstown, God help Ohio.

I was paid more in a year for making statistics sing than Franki-boy earned in a lifetime, but any freshman taking a stats filler class can interpret such a simple graph. That Franki-boy can't read that simple graph right is an indisputable final judgement on his inability to grasp the meaning of statistics.

I took a hard ride yesterday that wasn't that long. Only 33 miles but with a lot of hard climbing over 9%. And I wasn't feeling all that chipper.

Coming back I took a long cut to take in a little more climbing and that dropped down into a high-priced upper middle class neighborhood. In a couple of places are older smaller homes that people that really didn't have the money to live there could squeeze in if they were willing to work overtime to make the payments and allow their kids to go to better schools with less chance of being beat up by bullies and punks.

As I came down one of the streets there were three sheriff's cars there and they had just apparently stopped one poor man from committing suicide. He was losing his home and couldn't afford to put food on the table. This man was screaming like a tortured baby. I cannot tell you the effect it had on me. What would he do in the near future? What could I possibly do for this poor tortured soul.

This is the effects of Newson's lockdown. People all over this state have now gone through their entire life savings

Why I can hope for is that Ohio declares bankruptcy and that Frank no longer gets his pension. Let's leave him like that for the next 10 years.

When they say that the suicide rate is going to double I can now believe after hearing that painful cry. Far better that it was from Frank than a 35 year old man.

Ads
Old May 25th 20, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:54:49 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 2:14:17 PM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 5/22/2020 11:25 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

If the US state of Georgia is any indication, most
of the jobs lost are not going to return immediately making commuting
more of a long term problem than an immediate crisis.

The number of workers that will be able to work in the office is going
to be dramatically reduced, at least in this area.

When I came to live in Ireland, people I consulted to said I was crazy. Even some of my publishers let it be known that they would prefer to have me in London (actually up the road in Cambridge) or in New York, where they could keep an eye on their investment. Back then my communications were the phone, the fax and he modem. The modem was the best available, 300 baud -- that's right, three hundred baud. A runner with a cleft stick would have been faster. But by 1996 I was able to say that I wouldn't get on a plane to appear in person any more, and shortly videoconferencing made the entire question moot. Today's facilities make those available as recently as 1996 look positively Neanderthal.

But if today working from home is a breeze for all kinds of knowledge workers, keeping them motivated to work on is an entirely new problem, and potentially quite serious. Some people are going to miss working in groups, face to face; social pressure from colleagues is one of the most effective motivators, and underrated even by experts because it is invisible and insidious.

Andre Jute
Hidden persuader

When I was a child we still had our house plumbed for gas lights Although we had been converted to electricity the soot marks were still on the ceiling above each light. Our stove was coal fired. The Milk delivery and the junkman were still wagons powered by a horse. The milkman very soon converted to milk trucks which were custom made for the job. He also delivered ice since our ice box was still and ice box.

I wonder how many people would know about a runner with a cleft stick means..
Old May 25th 20, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 6:06:36 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2020 08:36:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is
a hoax. The total death rate in the USA is 95% of normal. If
we are having all these additional deaths from this great
disease where are they?

On this animated graph perhaps.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/images/us-mortality-graph-animated-may72020.gif
If you're into data visualization, there's plenty mo
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/data-visualization.htm

You can argue that we are having...

No, you can do the arguing. You said you would offer positive proof
that the pandemic is a hoax. You provided to percentages that appear
to have been contrived for the occasion. If you want to prove
anything, such things like numbers, calculations, sources,
authoritative backup, examples, etc are considered useful. I won't
ask for error analysis or statistical significance because most of the
source data (provided by the states) has been tampered with.

I have a personal question. Feel free to ignore this question if it
offends you. Why is it so important to prove to me or this Usenet
newsgroup that the current pandemic is a hoax? We exchanged emails
about 3 weeks ago. Instead of replying to my questions and comments,
you ignored everything I wrote and proceeded to provide a long rant on
exactly the same topic. Why? Will proving that it's all a hoax bring
back those that have died from Covid-19 or who's death was accelerated
by the virus? Hardly, so why bother? Will you need to wait until a
friend or family member dies from Covid-19 before you become a
believer? I hope not.

Jeff, either you understand statistics or you do not. I am not playing with them. I am offering you the perfectly straight answers.

Here they are again:

Now if you look at it the total death rates for this year are about 95% of what they were last year. If you look at the end of this graph the suddenly rising red line is the supposed covid-19 death rates.

But you see NO rise in the total death rates. Instead what you see is that deaths that were attributed to something else, now being attributed to covid-17.

Why is this? Because the Federal Government gives a $37,000 subsidy for each reported covid-19 death reported. Therefore, and quite suddenly everything is a covid-19 death. I expect this subsidy was supposed to be for cleanup of the facilities to prevent further infections.

Now this is INDEPENDENT of covid-19 infections. These numbers are ruled not by hospital subsidies but by testing or SUSPICION. Why would that be since there weren't any positive tests that weren't too expensive for the first half of this pandemic? Somebody is being paid to be suspicious since 80% of those that contract the disease do not have symptoms or their symptoms are very mild and mistaken for allergies and the like. The 20% of those offering serious symptoms are those on the very verge of dying anyway. Perhaps the virus sped things along but not by much since over this country a VERY large percentage of those dying were in nursing homes - note that those places aren't called 'recovery wards' for a reason.

In any case, that graph completely illustrates what is going on. That unless you can suggest a reason that every other reason for dying suddenly stopped and only covid-19 was left. (Also not the pneumonia line which is the large cause of death of old people - that would NOT be reduced for any reason)

The absence of any growth in the total numbers of deaths is completely illustrative of what happened.
Old May 25th 20, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 11:44:12 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:

Sometime in the next two weeks, I plan to "consolidate" my bicycle parts
and pieces collection into some arrangement where I can actually find
things. When moving things around last week, I overloaded my plastic
toolbox, which dumped all the parts on the floor when the toolbox handle
broke and fell off.

That is the problem with plastic, it has a definite shortish life and
dropping a plastic tub full of bicycle bits can usually result in
sweeping up plastic bits with the parts.

Because you do not know how to select tool boxes do not blame plastic. I have plastic tool boxes for every one of my hobbies down to sailboat repair and my car toolset with 1/4", 3/8ths" and 1/2 inch socket sets, all of the heavy open end and box wrenches and all the way down to torque wrenches and complete screwdriver sets. Most of these boxes weigh near or over 100 lbs (that's 45 Kilos to Diggers) and I have never broken one.
Old May 25th 20, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 2:06:25 AM UTC-7, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 24.05.2020 um 19:46 schrieb :
On 5/24/2020 11:36 AM,
wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is a
hoax.

Don't offer it here, Tom. We're not worthy of your unique wisdome.
Get out and tell the world!

You clearly haven't spent enough time marching around with your
sign on a stick. Get to it, man!

Somehow the data from the CDC themselves doesn't seem to make it
through that moronic brain of yours. No wonder you were a teacher and
not a real engineer. Facts cannot penetrate your head.

It you look at the chart showing the rise in covid-19 cases you do
not see any corresponding rise in overall deaths. That is because
there weren't any. Or so slight as to be statistically insignificant.
And speaking of insignificant it is time for you to post more of your
utter ignorance.

Fully correct. By April 10, near the start of the Covid outbreak, there
was no excess death rate in USA overall, only in New York State where
the outbreak started earlier. Please show us data from May if you wish
to convince us.

Unless you can determine how the total death rates can fall a bit while the "added" deaths from covid-19 can add up to almost the total deaths while pneumonia deaths can remain fairly static I don't have to convince anyone of anything.

Why is it that people who do not know how statics can be abused are the first ones that try to use them to prove their points?
Old May 25th 20, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 1:11:38 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:34:22 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 6:46:11 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On 5/24/2020 11:36 AM, wrote:

I will offer you proof positive that the covid-19 pandemic is a hoax.

Don't offer it here, Tom. We're not worthy of your unique wisdome. Get
out and tell the world!

Speak for yourself, Franki-boy. You're not the gate-keeper on RBT. Just in case you're being stupid again, it means you don't decide who can be a member.

You clearly haven't spent enough time marching around with your sign on
a stick. Get to it, man!

You should leave the snark at home. You have zero talent for repartee, in fact zero talent for anything useful. All we can see is a pompous pig's bladder full of emptiness.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Somehow the data from the CDC themselves doesn't seem to make it through that moronic brain of yours. No wonder you were a teacher and not a real engineer. Facts cannot penetrate your head.

Actually, Tom, this is an amusing exchange, considering all the times that the limp-brain Krygowski has claimed to be a statistical maven -- and been caught out being stupid or simply lying.

It you look at the chart showing the rise in covid-19 cases you do not see any corresponding rise in overall deaths. That is because there weren't any. Or so slight as to be statistically insignificant. And speaking of insignificant it is time for you to post more of your utter ignorance.

That's an interesting graph that fully bears out your conclusion. Frank-boy and the other clowns whose mode of persuasion is to deny everything you say should check the rather short blue line to the right of the steeply rising red line. Perhaps the clowns denying the truth mistake the percentages for numbers: yo, clowns, on the blue lines are numbers of total deaths, the rest are percentages.

I understand that when you are a piece of **** you simply cannot help yourself from acting like a piece of ****. Have a good death. Soon.

Nah, I want Franki-boy Kygowski to have a long miserable life. He's a fine example of what I do to bullies and scum, such a coward that instead of engaging with me he pretends not to read my posts. If Franki-boy is what passes for a "Professor" in Youngstown, God help Ohio.

I was paid more in a year for making statistics sing than Franki-boy earned in a lifetime, but any freshman taking a stats filler class can interpret such a simple graph. That Franki-boy can't read that simple graph right is an indisputable final judgement on his inability to grasp the meaning of statistics.

I took a hard ride yesterday that wasn't that long. Only 33 miles but with a lot of hard climbing over 9%. And I wasn't feeling all that chipper.

Coming back I took a long cut to take in a little more climbing and that dropped down into a high-priced upper middle class neighborhood. In a couple of places are older smaller homes that people that really didn't have the money to live there could squeeze in if they were willing to work overtime to make the payments and allow their kids to go to better schools with less chance of being beat up by bullies and punks.

As I came down one of the streets there were three sheriff's cars there and they had just apparently stopped one poor man from committing suicide. He was losing his home and couldn't afford to put food on the table. This man was screaming like a tortured baby. I cannot tell you the effect it had on me. What would he do in the near future? What could I possibly do for this poor tortured soul.

Go home and let the professionals work.

This is the effects of Newson's lockdown. People all over this state have now gone through their entire life savings

Why I can hope for is that Ohio declares bankruptcy and that Frank no longer gets his pension. Let's leave him like that for the next 10 years.

When they say that the suicide rate is going to double I can now believe after hearing that painful cry. Far better that it was from Frank than a 35 year old man.

Are you sure didn't imagine this between doses of Haldol? https://www.nclc.org/issues/foreclos...and-stays.html The courts are not hearing judicial foreclosure cases in California. https://www.fresnobee.com/fresnoland...241845456.html

And do you know how long it takes to do a non-judicial foreclose in California? Even if the guy was getting foreclosed, the default probably occurred many months ago. Read this: https://www.borowitzclark.com/califo...sure-timeline/ Did Governor Newsom go back in time and ruin this guy's life? I thought only Governor Schwarzenegger could time travel. Not that the shut down isn't causing economic hardship, but you could imagine a more believable story of COVID-19 woe.

-- Jay Beattie

Old May 25th 20, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Why is it so hard for you guys to admit that Tom is right? What that graph shows is a lower than normal death rate (the blue vertical lines, which are summed individual fatalities, a count in which we can have near perfect confidence), with a substitution of the presumptive causes (the red line which is a percentage, in which we can by the admissions of the people who concocted it have very moderate confidence).

In addition we have the datum that the fatalities ascribed to Covid-19 is hugely skewed to to very old people -- in my country, for instance, the last time I looked the median age of fatalities to the virus was 81. That is in addition to a falling "normal" death rate*, and the diagnostic and post mortem difficulties created by the medical profession correctly (for the safety of their staffs and families and other patients) assuming that any death, including other normally expected geriatric fatalities, is caused by the virus and therefore the corpse is infected. Unlike Tom, I don't necessarily think that over-counting as virus fatalities perfectly normal bell-curve deaths is a conspiracy, but I'm absolutely certain it happens, and the graph Tom has shown you several times now bears out this analysis.

Read the graph qua graph, not through the filter of what you think you know, and what Tom says makes perfect sense, including the fiscally-inspired virus body-count inflation he mentions.

Andre Jute
*Which just proves my point that if you go to hospital, the hospital will make you sicker, except when they manage to kill you.

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 9:34:28 PM UTC+1, wrote:

disease where are they?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/images/us-mortality-graph-animated-may72020.gif

believer? I hope not.

Jeff, either you understand statistics or you do not. I am not playing with them. I am offering you the perfectly straight answers.

Here they are again:

Now if you look at it the total death rates for this year are about 95% of what they were last year. If you look at the end of this graph the suddenly rising red line is the supposed covid-19 death rates.

But you see NO rise in the total death rates. Instead what you see is that deaths that were attributed to something else, now being attributed to covid-17.

Why is this? Because the Federal Government gives a $37,000 subsidy for each reported covid-19 death reported. Therefore, and quite suddenly everything is a covid-19 death. I expect this subsidy was supposed to be for cleanup of the facilities to prevent further infections.

Now this is INDEPENDENT of covid-19 infections. These numbers are ruled not by hospital subsidies but by testing or SUSPICION. Why would that be since there weren't any positive tests that weren't too expensive for the first half of this pandemic? Somebody is being paid to be suspicious since 80% of those that contract the disease do not have symptoms or their symptoms are very mild and mistaken for allergies and the like. The 20% of those offering serious symptoms are those on the very verge of dying anyway. Perhaps the virus sped things along but not by much since over this country a VERY large percentage of those dying were in nursing homes - note that those places aren't called 'recovery wards' for a reason.

In any case, that graph completely illustrates what is going on. That unless you can suggest a reason that every other reason for dying suddenly stopped and only covid-19 was left. (Also not the pneumonia line which is the large cause of death of old people - that would NOT be reduced for any reason)

The absence of any growth in the total numbers of deaths is completely illustrative of what happened.

Old May 25th 20, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 9:18:10 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:54:49 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:

I wonder how many people would know about a runner with a cleft stick means.

I don't write for the unread and untravelled. That's too much like hard work. -- AJ
Old May 25th 20, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 2:56:41 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Why is it so hard for you guys to admit that Tom is right? What that graph shows is a lower than normal death rate (the blue vertical lines, which are summed individual fatalities, a count in which we can have near perfect confidence), with a substitution of the presumptive causes (the red line which is a percentage, in which we can by the admissions of the people who concocted it have very moderate confidence).

In addition we have the datum that the fatalities ascribed to Covid-19 is hugely skewed to to very old people -- in my country, for instance, the last time I looked the median age of fatalities to the virus was 81. That is in addition to a falling "normal" death rate*, and the diagnostic and post mortem difficulties created by the medical profession correctly (for the safety of their staffs and families and other patients) assuming that any death, including other normally expected geriatric fatalities, is caused by the virus and therefore the corpse is infected. Unlike Tom, I don't necessarily think that over-counting as virus fatalities perfectly normal bell-curve deaths is a conspiracy, but I'm absolutely certain it happens, and the graph Tom has shown you several times now bears out this analysis.

Read the graph qua graph, not through the filter of what you think you know, and what Tom says makes perfect sense, including the fiscally-inspired virus body-count inflation he mentions.

Andre Jute
*Which just proves my point that if you go to hospital, the hospital will make you sicker, except when they manage to kill you.

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 9:34:28 PM UTC+1, wrote:

disease where are they?

believer? I hope not.

Here they are again:

I just got an update from the CDC and it is rather remarkable. It shows a higher than predicted number of deaths for the end of April and May so far.

The problem is that these aren't really "predicted" since they are death certificates that have been entered into the CDC system.

There is a way to turn off the civid-19 deaths and the predicted deaths are THE SAME. So they are already predicting suicides and such being way up. This means that the CDC knows that covid-19 isn't causing deaths and that it is all false reporting but they are rather helpless in the face of "cause of death" reporting by hospital administrators.

Now that I'm a registered researcher I should get better info.
Old May 25th 20, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb
external usenet poster

On Mon, 25 May 2020 12:09:29 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 5/24/2020 9:24 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I play piano and keyboard synthesizer, but somewhere along the line, I
forgot to learn how to read music. So, I play by ear and don't need
music paper.

I play by ear too, but I find that sheet music is a useful resource, if
only for reminders of how a tune starts. Give me the first measure or
two (the "incipits") and I'm good to go on many, many tunes. But I have
"the dots" for hundreds stored in an app on my phone. I'm a competent
reader.

But in essence don't most musicians "play by ear" at least in one
sense of the word? My brother, while in collage was striving to become
a concert pianist (he never made it) and I remember him playing a
piece of music over and over and over, literally for hours at a time,
until he could play it the way he wanted it to sound.
--

Cheers,

John B.