Richmond Park

Old August 8th 08, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
lardyninja

Default Richmond Park

Police were stopping cyclists yesterday to hand out leaflets advertising
a cycle safety day in Richmond Park on Saturday 9th August. If anyone's
interested there's more info he

http://cms.met.police.uk/news/local_...r_of_lo rries

LN

Old August 8th 08, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PK[_2_]

"lardyninja" wrote in message
Police were stopping cyclists yesterday to hand out leaflets advertising a
cycle safety day in Richmond Park on Saturday 9th August. If anyone's
interested there's more info he

http://cms.met.police.uk/news/local_...r_of_lo rries

LN

A few Saturdays ago, there was a cyclist speed trap on the hill down from
Richmond to roehampton gates - I saw a good few people being stopped and
spoken to.

pk

Old August 8th 08, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

PK wrote:

"lardyninja" wrote in message
Police were stopping cyclists yesterday to hand out leaflets advertising a
cycle safety day in Richmond Park on Saturday 9th August. If anyone's
interested there's more info he

http://cms.met.police.uk/news/local_...n_driving_seat
_to_learn_danger_of_lorries

LN

A few Saturdays ago, there was a cyclist speed trap on the hill down from
Richmond to roehampton gates - I saw a good few people being stopped and
spoken to.

pk

fast hill that, if one lets her roll even big green will cruise into the
20mph+ with ease.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old August 8th 08, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete

Roger Merriman wrote:
PK wrote:

"lardyninja" wrote in message
Police were stopping cyclists yesterday to hand out leaflets advertising a
cycle safety day in Richmond Park on Saturday 9th August. If anyone's
interested there's more info he

http://cms.met.police.uk/news/local_...n_driving_seat
_to_learn_danger_of_lorries

LN

A few Saturdays ago, there was a cyclist speed trap on the hill down from
Richmond to roehampton gates - I saw a good few people being stopped and
spoken to.

pk

fast hill that, if one lets her roll even big green will cruise into the
20mph+ with ease.

roger

I hit 45mph on my mountain bike down there about 5 years ago. Strong
tailwind that day but even freewheeling will get close to 30.

Pete
Old August 8th 08, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony B[_3_]

lardyninja wrote:
Police were stopping cyclists yesterday to hand out leaflets advertising
a cycle safety day

sounds like a misuse of authority to me - mind you, maybe we could use
police officers to stop all sorts of people to advertise things. Perhaps
they could also give one a free newspaper while they were at it. Or
maybe give Judith's windscreen a wash :-)

Old August 8th 08, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Ley

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 17:39:52 +0100, Tony B
wrote:

lardyninja wrote:
Police were stopping cyclists yesterday to hand out leaflets advertising
a cycle safety day

sounds like a misuse of authority to me - mind you, maybe we could use
police officers to stop all sorts of people to advertise things. Perhaps
they could also give one a free newspaper while they were at it. Or
maybe give Judith's windscreen a wash :-)

I expect they stoped them for speeding - as most people do down there,
then simply warned them and passed on some information. It's what
I've seen happen other times.

Jim.
Old August 8th 08, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marz

http://cms.met.police.uk/news/local_...ut_in_driving_...

LN

A few Saturdays ago, there was a cyclist speed trap on the hill down from
Richmond to roehampton gates - I saw a good few people being stopped and
spoken to.

pk

Do the speed limits apply to just cyclists on the road or to all
cyclists in the park? I've not ridden in the park for years, but I
used to fly down some of the short sections of track on my mountain
bike. A couple of sections ran downhill next to the road (or they used
to, it has been a while) and it was quite possible to hit 25mph off
road, but pretty close to the road.

Laters,

Marz
Old August 8th 08, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

On Aug 8, 6:16 pm, Marz wrote:

Do the speed limits apply to just cyclists on the road or to all
cyclists in the park? I've not ridden in the park for years, but I
used to fly down some of the short sections of track on my mountain
bike. A couple of sections ran downhill next to the road (or they used
to, it has been a while) and it was quite possible to hit 25mph off
road, but pretty close to the road.

To all cyclists. The speed limit is 20mph on the roads and 15mph on
the Tamsin Trail. Cycling elsewhere in the Park is not permitted at
all.

--
Dave...

Old August 9th 08, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PK[_2_]

"dkahn400" wrote in message
On Aug 8, 6:16 pm, Marz wrote:

Do the speed limits apply to just cyclists on the road or to all
cyclists in the park? I've not ridden in the park for years, but I
used to fly down some of the short sections of track on my mountain
bike. A couple of sections ran downhill next to the road (or they used
to, it has been a while) and it was quite possible to hit 25mph off
road, but pretty close to the road.

To all cyclists. The speed limit is 20mph on the roads and 15mph on
the Tamsin Trail. Cycling elsewhere in the Park is not permitted at
all.

--
Dave...

10mph on the tamsin!

Hence it is ignored by all!

pk

Old August 9th 08, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

On Aug 8, 11:01 am, lardyninja wrote:
Police were stopping cyclists yesterday to hand out leaflets advertising
a cycle safety day in Richmond Park on Saturday 9th August. If anyone's
interested there's more info he

http://cms.met.police.uk/news/local_...ut_in_driving_...

It isn't about speed. It is another of their 'don't go up the inside
of lorries' promotions.

OK, I broke the rules and actually read the link.

...d

Richmond Park - what's the appeal? Silicon Strawberry UK 17 July 30th 07 11:43 PM
Richmond Park David Martin UK 3 July 3rd 06 10:16 PM
Social MTB riding in Richmond Park JD UK 21 March 23rd 06 07:52 PM
Richmond Park - Cops campaign v speeding cyclists ! Tim Henderson UK 78 July 2nd 04 03:25 PM
My near crash ... (Richmond Park). elyob UK 5 February 24th 04 06:31 PM