Badger count

Old March 7th 07, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

Default Badger count

Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same badger.
Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

'Twas a lovely morning for a pootle.

Poor badger.

Old March 7th 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 7 Mar, 13:16, "wafflycat" wrote:
Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same badger.
Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

'Twas a lovely morning for a pootle.

Poor badger.

First I had a deer dart out in front of me, then an owl flying beside
me for quite a while. My St Francis-like morning came to an end when I
sa a dead swan curled up dead beside the road. Such a high and low
morning.

it's nice to use my sunglasses again! Might even get my legs out
tonight

Old March 7th 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx

wafflycat typed:
Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same
badger. Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

'Twas a lovely morning for a pootle.

Poor badger.

Picked one up and disposed of it off our school field this am (6.30 ish)
before the kids saw it and panicked/poked it.

And three Rabbits .. who seem to like burrowing under our recently
acquired storage containers.

--
Paul - xxx

Old March 7th 07, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

wafflycat wrote on 07/03/2007 13:16 +0100:
Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same
badger. Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

What was the badger riding?

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old March 7th 07, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Hearns

Tony Raven wrote:
wafflycat wrote on 07/03/2007 13:16 +0100:
Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same
badger. Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

What was the badger riding?

Own brand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Hinault
Old March 7th 07, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dennis Davis

In the referenced article, Tony Raven writes:
wafflycat wrote on 07/03/2007 13:16 +0100:
Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same
badger. Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

What was the badger riding?

Didn't the badger start his professional career riding Gitane
bicycles with Campagnolo components? Or am I thinking of a
different badger?
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK

Old March 7th 07, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:39:42 -0000 someone who may be "Paul - xxx"
wrote this:-

Picked one up and disposed of it off our school field this am (6.30 ish)
before the kids saw it and panicked/poked it.

Most schoolchildren seem fascinated by such things and rather less
squeamish than "grown-ups".

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old March 7th 07, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
WibbleWobble

"wafflycat" wrote in message
Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same
badger. Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

'Twas a lovely morning for a pootle.

Poor badger.

Roadkill count for yesterday:
1 of: Mr.Badger (fresh)
1 of: Mr Fox (a bit old & decomposing)

Bless their little paws in the sky...

Old March 7th 07, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

"WibbleWobble" wrote in message
"wafflycat" wrote in message
Out for a pootle this morning. Passed a dead badger twice. The same
badger. Once on the outward leg & then again on the homeward leg.

'Twas a lovely morning for a pootle.

Poor badger.

Roadkill count for yesterday:
1 of: Mr.Badger (fresh)
1 of: Mr Fox (a bit old & decomposing)

Bless their little paws in the sky...

It looks like dead badger season is well and truly upon us. I saw one last
Sunday just outside Harrogate. I saw plenty of other roadkill especially
pheasants - some looking exceeding fresh - what's the law regarding the
gathering of roadkill especially game birds?
I'm going to restrict my roadkill species count to badgers and
exotics/unusuals e.g. last year I saw two pairs of dead stoats by the road
side. Pheasants and the like are too common.....

Old March 7th 07, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe

vernon wrote:
It looks like dead badger season is well and truly upon us. I saw
one last Sunday just outside Harrogate. I saw plenty of other
roadkill especially pheasants - some looking exceeding fresh - what's
the law regarding the gathering of roadkill especially game birds?

Thirty odd years ago, my dad used to say "OK to pick up, so long as you
didn't kill it in your car".
I never understood the logic ! He preferred looking for ones where the
head/neck had been broken by the vehicle, and the body hadn't been hit.

My mum's father was a gamekeeper, and she usually just kept quite as she
wasn't keen on plucking them.

I'm going to restrict my roadkill species count to badgers and
exotics/unusuals e.g. last year I saw two pairs of dead stoats by the
road side. Pheasants and the like are too common.....

Are you sure about the identification, weasels aren't stoatally different.
(sorry).

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,