Result! (sort of)

Old March 12th 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

Default Result! (sort of)

Nearly 2 weeks ago myself and another cyclist were nearly hit at a toucan
crossing when a txi drove through while the lights were on red. I reported
it to the police at the time and they gave me a form to fill in, but it said
there was no point in sending it off if I didn't have the registration
number and I only had the 'taxi number'.
This evening, a taxi overtook me and turned left in front of me and surprise
surprise it was the same vehicle. My mind was particularly sharp today and
I remembered to note the registration number so I can fill my form in and
send it off - hurrah.

I don't think much will come of it though, as it's rather a long time now
since the original inicident. Hopefully they'll log it for future reference
though in case he kills someone.

--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old March 12th 07, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

On 12/03/2007 17:15, naked_draughtsman said,
Nearly 2 weeks ago myself and another cyclist were nearly hit at a toucan
crossing when a txi drove through while the lights were on red.

You must be mistaken. The only vehicles that jump red lights are
cyclists. It must be true because the national media says so. Car
drivers would never dream of jumping a red light.

Oh, hang on - wrong thread :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old March 12th 07, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
david lloyd

"naked_draughtsman" wrote in message
[...]

I thought taxi numbers were unique, as registered with the local authority.

David Lloyd

Old March 12th 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer

David Lloyd wrote:
I thought taxi numbers were unique, as registered with the local authority.

Yebbut if Plod insists on a registration No and the OP only has the taxi
No then Plod has an excuse for not doing any work.

--
Danny Colyer URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Old March 12th 07, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"David Lloyd" wrote in message
. uk...
I thought taxi numbers were unique, as registered with the local
authority.

That's what I thought as well which is why I thought it was enough for them
to identify the vehicle. The council (which licences the taxis) may have
been able to provide details, but I'm not sure they would - data protection
and all that.

Old March 12th 07, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

naked_draughtsman wrote:
"David Lloyd" wrote in message
. uk...

I thought taxi numbers were unique, as registered with the local
authority.

That's what I thought as well which is why I thought it was enough for them
to identify the vehicle. The council (which licences the taxis) may have
been able to provide details, but I'm not sure they would - data protection
and all that.

A taxi is not an individual and should not be covered by the DPA, but I
will have to check.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"So tell me, just how long have you had this feeling that no one
is watching you?" (Christopher Locke: Entropy Gradient Reversals)
Old March 12th 07, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

naked_draughtsman wrote:

Nearly 2 weeks ago myself and another cyclist were nearly hit at a toucan
crossing when a txi drove through while the lights were on red. I reported
it to the police at the time and they gave me a form to fill in, but it said
there was no point in sending it off if I didn't have the registration
number and I only had the 'taxi number'.

Could you not have got the relevant details from the local council,
responsible for licensing taxis?

Cheers,
Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United
Old March 13th 07, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Paul Boyd tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
On 12/03/2007 17:15, naked_draughtsman said,
Nearly 2 weeks ago myself and another cyclist were nearly hit at a
toucan crossing when a txi drove through while the lights were on
red.

You must be mistaken. The only vehicles that jump red lights are
cyclists. It must be true because the national media says so. Car
drivers would never dream of jumping a red light.

This morning at a set of traffic lights in Waltham Abbey. The lights go
green, the car in front of me pulls away and Proceeds with decorum down the
road. At which point a WVM, waiting at the lights on the left - which he
had overhsot by the length of his vehicle - decided that he couldn't be
arsed to wait any more, so pulled out acrros the path of both my bicycle and
the car in the lane to my right. The driver of which made his vexation
known, by use of the Audible Warning of Approach.

The I woke up, and realised it had all been, er, no I didn't. So anyone in
NE London or the Essex/Herts borders should be on the lookout for a stolen
Mercedes Sprinter with a lycra lout at the wheel.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old March 13th 07, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Helen Deborah Vecht

"naked_draughtsman" typed

"David Lloyd" wrote in message
. uk...
I thought taxi numbers were unique, as registered with the local
authority.

That's what I thought as well which is why I thought it was enough for them
to identify the vehicle. The council (which licences the taxis) may have
been able to provide details, but I'm not sure they would - data protection
and all that.

I would have thought that those taxi numbers were there and displayed
just so that such incidents could be reported.

I should hope the Public Carriage Office (or its equivalent) might take
an interest if you inform the the same taxi has endangered you twice.
They might even divulge details.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old March 13th 07, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

On Mar 12, 5:15 pm, "naked_draughtsman"

I don't think much will come of it though, as it's rather a long
time now since the original inicident. Hopefully they'll log it
for future reference though in case he kills someone.

But now you have a brand new incident to report. Can you not also
complain separately, about both incidents, to the taxi licensing
authority?

--
Dave...

Sort-of an into, sort of a question.. The Transporter Unicycling 16 August 31st 06 04:51 PM
H*lf*rds - A Result :-) John B UK 13 November 24th 05 05:30 PM
Insurance result. Simon Mason UK 14 November 12th 05 09:39 AM
Go Simon Go!! - The result Andrew UK 40 August 11th 05 01:25 PM
Result! Simonb UK 13 December 14th 03 09:29 PM