BBC's cycle farcility of the moment

Old April 19th 07, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc Brett

Default BBC's cycle farcility of the moment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...663/html/1.stm

also reported he

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?s...ane_in_britain

Not up to the standard of most of Warrington Cycle Campaign's entries, but nice
to see anyway.

Old April 19th 07, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Fox

Following on from Marc Brett's message. . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...663/html/1.stm

Not up to the standard of most of Warrington Cycle Campaign's entries, but nice
to see anyway.

I'm not sure this is such a bad idea. Looking at it, the effect is to
keep cars out of the way of cyclists as they approach the chicane. It
makes the cars go over the pillow. Obviously it would be a lot better
if there wasn't a chicane in the first place. ie with the build-out
removed and the no-car-go zone with a cycle symbol on it moves into the
space freed-up.

--
PETER FOX Not the same since the bridge building business collapsed

www.eminent.demon.co.uk - Lots for cyclists
Old April 19th 07, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer

Marc Brett wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...663/html/1.stm

I'd love to know how one can paint a cycle lane accidentally!

--
Danny Colyer URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
Old April 19th 07, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
Marc Brett wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...663/html/1.stm

I'd love to know how one can paint a cycle lane accidentally!

They'll probably spend just as much money removing it in the next few weeks
too. Or maybe someone could accidentally remove it for them.
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old April 19th 07, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pete whelan

Danny Colyer wrote:
Marc Brett wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...663/html/1.stm

I'd love to know how one can paint a cycle lane accidentally!

more to the point, how many councils have not apologised for putting a
cycle lane in the wrong place. There must be loads going by the way
they get reported on t'internet

Old April 19th 07, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MJ Ray

Marc Brett wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...663/html/1.stm

What sort of road-painting machine do Camden have that they can paint an
MCL 'accidentally'???

'Whoops! I slipped and now there's a mandatory cycle lane!'
'Never mind, Fred. No-one cares what mad places we put them in.'

Boggling,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.

Old April 20th 07, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Danny Colyer wrote:
Marc Brett wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...663/html/1.stm

I'd love to know how one can paint a cycle lane accidentally!

Well according to an add in the local paper recently:

"Cycle lane and cycle route painters.
Due to the disability discrimination act, we need to fill our quota of
disable people. Therefore only the senile, delusional, psychotic or
otherwise totally insane may apply for this post. (politicians need
not reply)"

;-)