Strange

Old May 3rd 07, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Strange

Two bikes were delivered to school today - both Ridgeback Genesis Day
00 2007 Hybrid Bike, and from Evans Cycles.
www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=70422
In one of the bike boxes there were 3 white Specialized helmets.
www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=22673

I had no advance warning about their delivery.

1. A thank-you present for a briefing I gave on cycle training to a
European Union delegation looking at sustainable transport in
different European cities on 19 April.
2. A thank-you present for a presentation I gave to a TfL conference
on 24 April.
3. A thank-you present for the work I did in organising a live event
for ITV London on 27 April.
4. A sorry present from the person who ran me down on Monday.
5. Bikes for someone else in the school
6. A mistake.

All seem equally unlikely, but I cannot think of any other reasons.
Old May 3rd 07, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
[...]

You could have killed the speculation stone dead by ringing Evans and
seeking information about the delivery the worst that could happen is that
they ask for the stuff back. And I thought that problem solving was deeply
embedded into the curriculum - clearly hasn't trickled down from high
schools yet ;-)

Old May 4th 07, 01:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_2_]

On Fri, 4 May 2007 01:14:28 +0100, Just Visiting wrote:

"vernon" wrote in message

[...]

Risks having to give them back if 6. Keep quiet and see what happens is my
advice.

I suppose that keeping them out of circulation might be the proper thing to
do; though the mfr's might interpret the acceptance as cause for increased
production...

Old May 4th 07, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Thu, 3 May 2007 22:46:22 +0100, "vernon"
wrote:

All seem equally unlikely, but I cannot think of any other reasons.

You could have killed the speculation stone dead by ringing Evans and
seeking information about the delivery the worst that could happen is that
they ask for the stuff back. And I thought that problem solving was deeply
embedded into the curriculum - clearly hasn't trickled down from high
schools yet ;-)

I did think of that, but there was no delivery note, just the school
address printed clearly on the boxes. They came from Dartford, only
there is no Evans in Dartford, probably a warehouse.

To save space, I unpacked them - God it hurt when I had to manoeuvre
my shoulder in certain positions - and left them in my classroom.
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/genesis

A few things confuse me.

Why two bikes and three helmets?
If a personal gift to me, why two bikes?
If a gift to the school, why adult bikes?
Old May 4th 07, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

wrote:

[...]

Ring Evans and find out! - it's a no brainer ;-)

Old May 4th 07, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Fri, 4 May 2007 07:27:36 +0100, "vernon"
wrote:

A few things confuse me.

Why two bikes and three helmets?
If a personal gift to me, why two bikes?
If a gift to the school, why adult bikes?

Ring Evans and find out! - it's a no brainer ;-)

You're far too boring and sensible, Vernon. ;-) The fun bit is the
speculation and mystery. Phoning them would be a bit like reading the
first and last chapters of a Sherlock Holmes novel and leaving out the
rest of the book.
Old May 4th 07, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Richard Bates

Tom Crispin wrote:
[...]

I'll start the bidding at £25 (for a bike, of course)
Old May 4th 07, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Fox

Following on from Tom Crispin's message. . .
Why two bikes and three helmets?

Easy. One is a tandem.
--
PETER FOX Not the same since the deckchair business folded

www.eminent.demon.co.uk - Lots for cyclists
Old May 4th 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matthew Haigh

Peter Fox wrote:
Following on from Tom Crispin's message. . .
Why two bikes and three helmets?

Easy. One is a tandem.

Or so you have a spare for when one has saved your life?

ducks :-)

Strange incident Tom Crispin UK 7 March 3rd 06 05:54 PM
Where to get this strange chainring? Mike Reed Techniques 18 February 22nd 06 03:31 AM
strange wheels?!? Ken Marcet Techniques 11 February 22nd 05 06:31 AM
strange noise Paul Nevai Techniques 4 June 10th 04 02:31 PM
strange day Roger Hughes UK 2 May 20th 04 10:26 AM