Specialized Allez Pro & Comp frame and fork the same?

Old September 12th 03, 10:19 AM
Jason Spaceman

Default Specialized Allez Pro & Comp frame and fork the same?

I am fairly close to buying a road bike, possibly a Specialized. Last
month I checked out a Specialized Allez Pro at a nearby bike shop. I
was going to take it for a test drive tomorrow but they sold it and
have no others in stock. The guy at the shop said that they could
always take an Allez Comp frame and put the Allez Pro components on it
(Dura-Ace crank, brakes, etc.). He said the Allez Comp has the same
frame and fork as the Allez Pro, just a lower-end components and
wheels.

I checked the Specialized web site and it appears as though the Pro
and Comp frames are the same geometry and material, but the forks are
different. Am I correct or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

J. Spaceman