Live Strong Ebay Losers

Old August 2nd 04, 10:07 PM
Brandon Sullivan

Default Live Strong Ebay Losers

Anyone buying a Live Strong wrist band from Ebay for anywhere from $5
to $20 should be ashamed of themselves. Take the $20 and get 20
bands, with all the money going to cancer research. You people
selling them are even worse.

Old August 3rd 04, 12:42 AM
skuke

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:07:35 -0700, Chris wrote:

"Brandon Sullivan" wrote in message
om...
Anyone buying a Live Strong wrist band from Ebay for anywhere from $5
to $20 should be ashamed of themselves. Take the $20 and get 20
bands, with all the money going to cancer research. You people
selling them are even worse.

Amazing...

Except that LAF is sold out and backordered. I wanted 10 for a birthday
gift (need them in a week) and bought them on eBay for $1.00 each using a
seller with "Buy it Now". He was charging .50 shipping and handling for the
first band and .35 for each additional. Pretty fair as far as I was
concerned. He was also absorbing all eBay costs for selling. He's sold
over 10,000 bands so far!

But you're right, the people, and I use the term loosely, selling the bands
for obscence prices and not giving the excess money to the charity are
pretty low. As far as the people buying them, if you needed some, like me,
then you gotta do what you gotta do. I just think they're foolish for not
being a better shopper.
--
Skuke
Reverse the domain name to send email
Old August 3rd 04, 12:15 PM

"Brandon Sullivan" wrote in message
om...
Anyone buying a Live Strong wrist band from Ebay for anywhere from $5
to $20 should be ashamed of themselves. Take the $20 and get 20
bands, with all the money going to cancer research. You people
selling them are even worse.

Anyone buying them for that much is an idiot. Anyone selling them (assuming
they paid their dollar in the first place) is just using the situation for
their advantage. I have no problem with that. If you don't like it, don't
buy it for that price. If enough people don't buy it for that price the
sellers lower their price or give up. Simple. Totally fair.

Old August 3rd 04, 05:28 PM
Evan Evans

Your local cancer doctor makes abou $300k to $500k a year & you are
upset that a guy sold his lifestrong bracelet for $20 ? Who is taking
advantage of who?
Old August 3rd 04, 05:46 PM
Mtwhitney62

One seller had the nerve wanting $19.95 for shipping and handling for one
bracelets and found some idiots who even fell for that.
Old August 3rd 04, 08:22 PM
Carl Sundquist

"Mtwhitney62" wrote in message
One seller had the nerve wanting $19.95 for shipping and handling for one
bracelets and found some idiots who even fell for that.

Ordinarily I'd consider someone profiteering on something like this to be
utterly reprehensible, but you have to wonder how many people are buying
these as fashion accessories and to be part of the 'latest thing' with
little or no consideration of the symbolism and meaning behind the
bracelets? Let'em pay $500.00 for them.

P. T. Barnum lives on.

Old August 3rd 04, 09:33 PM
Dave H

"Evan Evans" wrote in message
om...
Your local cancer doctor makes abou $300k to $500k a year & you are
upset that a guy sold his lifestrong bracelet for $20 ? Who is taking
advantage of who?

Dear Nipplehead,

Your local cancer doctor went through many years of schooling to get to
where he is...saving and or making peoples lives easier to live with cancer.
100's of K's in student loans. What price do you put on saving just one
life, let alone the many that they have saved, or made life easier for. That
same Doctor probably pays out about 150K/year for his malpractice insurance.

Dave