newsgroup problem?

Old March 15th 05, 03:24 AM
di

Default newsgroup problem?

I was subscribed to the "bicycles.misc" newsgroup, but all of a sudden a few
days ago I got a message that it was no longer available on my server.
I've tried to subscribe again but it cannot be found. Question, is it
still available and if so why would it disappear on my server?

Old March 15th 05, 03:31 AM
Ride-A-Lot

di wrote:
I was subscribed to the "bicycles.misc" newsgroup, but all of a sudden a few
days ago I got a message that it was no longer available on my server.
I've tried to subscribe again but it cannot be found. Question, is it
still available and if so why would it disappear on my server?

Are you sure it's not rec.bicycles.misc? If it is then...

This is a question you will need to ask your ISP (COX Communications).
They are the ones who dropped the newsgroup from their servers. More
than likely it is an error on their side, but large cable companies take
forever to find it on their own. Give them a call and ask them to
restore the newsgroup to their newsserver.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 15th 05, 03:33 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Slack wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:24:38 -0800, di wrote:

I was subscribed to the "bicycles.misc" newsgroup, but all of a sudden
a few
days ago I got a message that it was no longer available on my server.
I've tried to subscribe again but it cannot be found. Question, is it
still available and if so why would it disappear on my server?

Are you sure it's not "rec.bicycles.misc" ?

Stop hitting that F5 key faster than me. You'll get arthritis!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old March 15th 05, 03:46 AM
Slack

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:33:01 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:

Slack wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:24:38 -0800, di wrote:

I was subscribed to the "bicycles.misc" newsgroup, but all of a sudden
a few
days ago I got a message that it was no longer available on my server.
I've tried to subscribe again but it cannot be found. Question, is
it
still available and if so why would it disappear on my server?

Are you sure it's not "rec.bicycles.misc" ?

Stop hitting that F5 key faster than me. You'll get arthritis!

o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

You mean like when I went blind by... nm.
--
Slack - quickest digits this side of the Mississippi
Old March 15th 05, 04:08 AM
Micheal Artindale

news:1110858190.ac8aa61bf1b1788903f088a53632e2c8@t eranews...
wrote:

Slack wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:24:38 -0800, di wrote:

I was subscribed to the "bicycles.misc" newsgroup, but all of a sudden
a few
days ago I got a message that it was no longer available on my server.
I've tried to subscribe again but it cannot be found. Question, is
it
still available and if so why would it disappear on my server?

Are you sure it's not "rec.bicycles.misc" ?

Stop hitting that F5 key faster than me. You'll get arthritis!

o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

You mean like when I went blind by... nm.
--
Slack - quickest digits this side of the Mississippi

If you went blind.....

What cured it?

Or, if you still have it, How can you see the screen?

Micheal

Old March 15th 05, 04:12 AM
di

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
di wrote:
I was subscribed to the "bicycles.misc" newsgroup, but all of a sudden a

few
days ago I got a message that it was no longer available on my server.
I've tried to subscribe again but it cannot be found. Question, is it
still available and if so why would it disappear on my server?

Are you sure it's not rec.bicycles.misc? If it is then...

This is a question you will need to ask your ISP (COX Communications).
They are the ones who dropped the newsgroup from their servers. More
than likely it is an error on their side, but large cable companies take
forever to find it on their own. Give them a call and ask them to
restore the newsgroup to their newsserver.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

it was "rec.bicycles.misc", I wanted to know it's still available to others
before contacting Cox.

Old March 15th 05, 11:34 AM
Ride-A-Lot

di wrote:

[...]