Wenting!!!

Old May 26th 05, 04:35 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default Wenting!!!

LotteBum wrote:

snip
Seriously, I'm about 12kg overweight (at my height, that's a fair
chunk) and I'm quite disgustingly unfit myself....

Woah you must have put some on since I last saw you... or exaggerating?

:P

Tam
Old May 26th 05, 04:37 AM
Graeme

LotteBum wrote in
:

I agree with you entirely about integration vs. assimilation etc. I've
been to the Danish club a few times (although not in the last couple of
years), and only really to buy Remoulade and Haribo lollies.. too much
folk dancing and too many old farts for my liking.

As a fairly recent import (Scotland though, not Danish) I know what you
mean. There are lots of things about Scotland that I miss, but my mother-
in-law's idea of going along to the local "Scottish Club" (or whatever it's
called) fills me with dread. I'm sure it will be all "tartan and
shortbread". I quite miss the occasional ceilidh but I know it'll be all
genteel dancing around the floor rather than the semi-formalised battle
that I'm used to :-/

Graeme
Old May 26th 05, 04:40 AM
Tamyka Bell

nebakke wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

I used to do that all the time, stupid pump, stupid rim tape, stupid...
okay, stupid operator. Rather than bother with new rim tape I just cut a
small eyelet out of an old tube and whacked it over the valve stem, so
there's an extra layer of rubber at the base of the valve stem. Haven't
ripped a stem off since (same pump, same rim tape, same operator).

Geez, you're full of good ideas Tamyka, advice on directions AND
repairs, is ther e anything you don't do? ;O)
Thanks for that.. I'm going to grab a new tube from Riders in my lunch
break, will try that out tonight...

-Rasmus, now with an all new smile...

Hahaha I don't do anything technical, and I don't ride fast. I leave
that to the smart & fit people (respectively)!
Old May 26th 05, 04:43 AM
nebakke

I won't pretend to have the faintest idea what a ceilidh is but it
sounds like pretty much the same situation, sometimes it's almost like
there's no inbetween, either there're the people who might as well have
stayed put or there're the people who wants to just forget about where
they're from...
It's kind of sad really...

-Rasmus

Old May 26th 05, 04:45 AM
nebakke

For some reason I don't feel completely reassured ;O)

-Rasmus

Old May 26th 05, 04:48 AM
Tamyka Bell

nebakke wrote:

Baka Dasai wrote:

The fastest way to slow down or stop is to use the front brake only.
Even down hills.

I do believe you, and I know how to use the break right, I still have a
bit of the fear of going over the handlebar in me though... ;O)

-Rasmus

I did a (tiny) bit of mtb'ing and got into the habit of alternating
brakes. The rear brake works nicely if you shift your weight far enough
back. On the road it's mostly front brake though.

Tam
Old May 26th 05, 05:00 AM
Theo Bekkers

Baka Dasai wrote:

The fastest way to slow down or stop is to use the front brake only.
Even down hills.

If I can't convince you, perhaps Sheldon can:

Sorry, didn't convince me. I'll disconnect the rear brakes on the car and
the motorbike just as soon as I get home.

Theo

Old May 26th 05, 05:03 AM
nebakke

LotteBum wrote:

Alright, alright...

Hehe

We've been there since early February, so not quite 4 months. We're
actually in Springfield Lakes (my partner, being an environmental
engineer prefers to call it a sedimentation dam) and we were also only
the 3rd to move in in the street (there's now 8 occupied dwellings,
including ours). The three across from us are just terrible.... really
quite terrible to look at too.

Ah, there's a couple of things there that makes the difference, you
moved into the Delfin administered area called Springfield Lakes, with
small blocks of land and a focus on cheap dwellings and sedimentation
dams as you say ;O) I live in Springfield...
Now that I'm done sounding like a stuck up snob I'll get to the point
;O) Springfield Lakes is being sold a lot more than Springfield itself,
plus as I said, the blocks are bigger at Springfield so I think there's
more focus on Investment properties and general rentals down by the
lakes than there is up in Springfield itself.. Unfortunately you also
get all the services but I suppose that's life.

Tell me about it... we've got one of those kids in hotted up cars next
door. Except this guy is in his 20's (in my opinion, old enough to
know better) and said car is a Toyota MR2 which is started at 5am every
morning (about 20 minutes before we get up), then flogged down the
street.

Oooh, see I guess I just don't identify with those guys, all I can say
is that they're a pain in the *ss, that's what we had in the house next
to us before the current tenants, except he was running a bloody
mechanics workshop on the front lawn, always 5 or more dead cars
sitting around there, killed off everything green in that front yard

Anyway, my partner just got an unexpected, but nice pay rise, so this
gives us the option to move in a few years. And who knows, by then
things may have improved... here's hoping!

Excellent, congratulations on that, will keep the fingers crossed then.

WHAT hill on the Centenary Hwy????? It's dead flat bar a couple of
bumps!

Hmm, maybe I haven't paid enough attention when driving there ;O) I
just have it in my head as a 3+ Km. 6% hill or something.... OK 6% is a
bit of an exxageration but in my head it\s not half wrong, will have to
pay attention when I go home today, it must be that last bit before the
Springfield exit that I'm thinking off, and now that I think about it I
think you're probably right, but I'll look ;O)

-Rasmus

Old May 26th 05, 05:07 AM
nebakke

Hmm I've only ever really done road riding.. As I said, it's been a
while though so I might just need to get back into it... I have to
admit that I am finding that I am getting more and more comfortable
with everything again... Shouldn't take too long.

-Rasmus

Old May 26th 05, 05:12 AM
Resound

"Graeme" wrote in message
. 1.4...
LotteBum wrote in
:

I agree with you entirely about integration vs. assimilation etc. I've
been to the Danish club a few times (although not in the last couple of
years), and only really to buy Remoulade and Haribo lollies.. too much
folk dancing and too many old farts for my liking.

As a fairly recent import (Scotland though, not Danish) I know what you
mean. There are lots of things about Scotland that I miss, but my mother-
in-law's idea of going along to the local "Scottish Club" (or whatever
it's
called) fills me with dread. I'm sure it will be all "tartan and
shortbread". I quite miss the occasional ceilidh but I know it'll be all
genteel dancing around the floor rather than the semi-formalised battle
that I'm used to :-/

Graeme

Whereabouts are you? I know that there's the odd rampant ceilidh in
Melbourne. My girlfriend is a rampant dancer and I got dragged along to one
pub where we were dancing four sets in about 5m square. It was...energetic.