Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Old April 20th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Apr 20, 10:59 am, "Thumper" wrote:

You guys are rude, inconsiderate and a danger to motorists.

Thumper

Hilarious! Talk about the bottom of the bell curve... :-)

- Frank Krygowski

Old April 20th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

On Apr 19, 4:35 pm, "M. MacDonald" wrote:
"Thumper" wrote:
Definitely, all motorcycle riders should carry sidearm's (not bicyclists
though, they're all fruitcakes).

LOL!

I wish they'd (bicyclists) would pay something to ride the things on the
streets. Around here, they take one entire lane away from vehicle traffic
and give it to bicyclists who I rarely see riding in one. They sure get a
lot of free asphalt and impede the traffic flow for their selfishness.

You must envious that we hold the moral ground. Otherwise they can
make bike lanes for us --which take no more than 3 feet-- and then you
can trade your bike for this other bike...

http://www.sunbicycles.com/sun/bicyc...tchCruiser.htm

Old April 20th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

On Apr 19, 5:18 pm, sqidbait wrote:
On Apr 19, 8:34 am, donquijote1954
wrote: Hey, we get screamed at, doored at, spitted upon, pushed around and
even killed, isn't it time we enjoy the same benefits as other
Americans? When is a cyclist going into a rage and mow down all those
careless SUV drivers who make us feel worthless?

[snip]

SpikeBike did this *years* ago. Weren't you paying attention?

http://members.aol.com/clubnbc/spike_1.htm

-- Michael

Is he in Guantanamo now (along with other terrorists) or still doing
his war? I read chapter one and enjoyed it thoroughly. This time
however we only aim with a banana. It's entirely legal, and can be
replaced with the middle finger if the need arises.

Old April 20th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default the official viewpoint of the revolution

--Why do they do this? Are they environmentalists protesting car
usage? Not a very good way to bring positive attention to their cause.
I can't understand why someone being attacked like that wouldn't just
step on the gas or door the heck out them. Sound's like self-defense
to me. The means to end rarely justify actions like this regardless of
the value in a cause.--

The way to do it --and this is the official viewpoint of the
revolution-- we should not block the streets (stupid), but WE SHOULD
TAKE THE LANE (smart), because WE TOO ARE VEHICLES and driving on the
right hand gutter only lends to invisibility and discrimination. So as
our official T-shirt says, "We will TAKE THE LANE, until we get BIKE
LANES, so we can RIDE FOR PEACE"...

Old April 20th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default Can't we all get along?

On Apr 19, 6:02 pm, Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.soc Road Glidin' Don wrote:

On Apr 19, 2:22 pm, asshat1954 wrote:
On Apr 19, 1:11 pm, Road Glidin' Don wrote:

Hopefully a door opener gets you some day, so we don't have to put up
with your retarded cross-posts anymore.

I'd consider it an act of terrorism. Bicycles should have the right to
be free from opening doors as well as from invasive cars. If someone
has the right ot bear arms, we should have the right to ride a bike
SAFELY on the streets, ie. WE NEED BIKE LANES.

You've got a newsgroup for bicycles which you don't stay in. No
reason to suppose, if you had bike lanes, you'd stay in them either.

I've never seen him post to the bicycle group except to troll via
crosspost. He's a miserable hypocritical mouth breathing cretin, and
I'm not sure he's ever seet foot to pedal on a bicycle.

You've got a lot to learn about responsible use and sharing before you
start preaching to others, retard.

I've got a call from the Mentally Handicapped Anti-Defamation League on
line one for you. :-)

Are you a member of the NRA, or you are a partaker of that mentality
that bikers are fair game? Do you realize that the law of the jungle
that prevails on our roads should be replaced with rules of the roads,
and that all those sharing the road --bikes, motorcycles and cars--
should agree to it? Can't we all get along?

Old April 20th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
donquijote1954

Default how your armed citizens would have prevented this particular incident?

On Apr 19, 8:51 pm, DougC wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

Still Bush defends the right to bear arms

EVEN as President George Bush told the nation he was praying for the
victims, and that the killings in a place of learning would affect
"every American classroom and community", a White House official said
Mr Bush continued to believe in the "right to bear arms".

Naaaa, guns are fun. Everybody should have one.

Regular people should be allowed to carry firearms if they want
to--*nothing* ruins a criminal's day faster than an armed victim.

-----------

Here's a fun question (totally off-topic for this newsgroup)--narcotics
are already illegal in the USA and criminals don't have any problem
getting them; what makes you think that declaring guns illegal will get
rid of guns?

Anti-gun activists are (a few) liars and (the rest) fools.
Anyone telling you that they're going to *take* *away* some of your
rights to *protect* you is a liar--and if you believe it, you're a fool.

Two of the classic high-crime areas in the US are NYC and Washington
DC--and both of those places have handgun bans in effect.....

Come to think of it, narcotics is illegal in NYC and DC too, and guess
what?

Fine, let's legalize (or regulate) narcotics. But how your armed
citizens would have prevented this particular incident, an armed
professor or armed students?

This is fine in Switzerland where people are trained in the militias
and they take a rifle (not a handgun) home. But America can't even
make fine cheese! (or chocolate)

Old April 20th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Olebiker

On Apr 20, 10:59 am, "Thumper" wrote:

You guys are rude, inconsiderate and a danger to motorists.

That's an interesting thing for a member of the "loud pipes save
lives" group to say.

Old April 20th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On 20 Apr 2007 10:41:10 -0700, donquijote1954
wrote:

[...]

Shut up, Rotney :-)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Old April 20th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Pork Torpedo

"John Kane" wrote in message
oups.com...

Certainly would have been. On the other hand do you really want a
bunch of 19 year old students, whooping it up in the local univ bars
and carrying all sorts of heavy weaponry when the males get into a
strutting contest? Hell, you'd probably lose more people on a normal
Saturday night.

We're talking about LEGALLY posessed firearms. In order to buy a handgun
you have to be at least 21. Also being in possesion of a firearm while
intoxicated is against the law where I live and probably is everywhere else
as well.

Old April 20th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On 20 Apr 2007 10:51:26 -0700, donquijote1954
wrote:

On Apr 19, 8:51 pm, DougC wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

[...]

Ummm.... they would have shot back ? Just a wild guess .....

This is fine in Switzerland where people are trained in the militias
and they take a rifle (not a handgun) home.

A full-auto one, I might add :-) And they DO have handguns
also.

So, you would have no problem with the National Guard here
taking their M-16's home, right ?

http://www.guncite.com/tpgswiss.html

Purchase of handguns is licensed on a "must issue" basis at the
cantonal (state) level, with "firearms purchase certificates" issued
to all adult residents without criminal records or history of mental
illness.

There are no restrictions on the carrying of long guns, and only
fifteen of the twenty-six cantons require carry permits for handguns
(which usually require that "necessity" for carrying the handgun be
demonstrated).

http://www.guncite.com/swiss_gun_law.html

http://www.theblessingsofliberty.com...article11.html

"More per capita firepower exists in Switzerland than in any other
place in the world, yet it is one of the safest places to be."

"While many shoot for sport, all males aged 20 to 42 are required by
militia system regulation to keep rifles and/or pistols at home."

But America can't even
make fine cheese! (or chocolate)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

Should Cyclists Pack Guns? donquijote1954 General 465 May 7th 07 03:25 PM
Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 01:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 10th 04 11:56 PM