Stolen Bike

Old August 10th 18, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Peeler[_2_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert, AGAIN!

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:11:12 +0200, Peter Keller wrote:

senile moron!

Thanks greatly for the compliment.

Anytime, senile moron! tsk
Old August 10th 18, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Peeler[_2_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert, AGAIN! LOL

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:14:10 +0200, Peter Keller, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

We must be doing something right.

You sure do, senile oaf! You keep feeding him, just the way the wants you to
do it! Gee...
Old August 10th 18, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Everyone KEEPS having Endless Fun Beating the **** out of PoorHelpless Gay Goran Razovic! LOL

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 10:14:47 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 09.08.2018 18:30, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 05:19:03 +0100, David wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news

On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 10:38:00 +0100, David wrote:

"%" wrote in message ... On
On Wed, 01 Aug 2018 16:25:42 +0100, David wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Aug 2018 13:13:03 +0100, David
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Aug 2018 05:58:59 +0100, David
wrote:

its debbie's foot

Who is Debbie and how many feet is her foot?

9

Doesn't that make her tread on her own toes?

I wear a 10 1/2.
Size is not equal to length of foot in feet.

yes it is

Do you have $34?

I'm in the original country, where we use £.

I have a link.

That's a very arbitrary comment.

its my website, www.saintdavid.me

Spelling mistake on the first page, oh dear.

Sew hwat?

It shows you have a low intelligence.
Old August 10th 18, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Stolen Bike

On 09/08/18 17:49, JNugent wrote:
On 08/08/2018 19:20, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/08/18 16:28, JNugent wrote:
On 08/08/2018 15:24, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/08/18 15:27, JNugent wrote:

The obvious use whilst moving would be when approaching ths "summit"
of a hump-backed bridge or a sharp bend.

Perhaps you mean something like this? It is is harder seen from a
driver's perspective than from a high mounted camera. No need. Adjust
speed according to what can be seen.

https://goo.gl/maps/9MSMX69BxzM2

Not hump-backed enough to need it. You can easily see traffic
approaching from the opposite direction, even if driving a Triumph
Spitfire.

I know a Spitfire owner so I shall have to ask. When looking around
Streetview various perspectives show they put the camera roughly level
with the height a high roof Sprinter van (2.8m). Believe me, it is
difficult on a live approach where you also don't have the luxury of
spending time looking at a static scene.

In order for the horn-sounding to be even semi-valid, the bridge really
needs to be a narrowing of the road as well (which the Italian one was).

https://goo.gl/maps/R48YMSxzjQk

That one...

....is the same one from other direction.

is narrow, but you can still see the oncoming traffic. Sounding
the horn would not serve a useful purpose.

Incidentally, the bridge has a 2t mgw limit so several drivers shown
here are breaking the rules - plus many others plus a council official
with a Range Rover that knows full well.

There's no sign saying so. Is this an older Google photo?

The signs are at the roundabouts at each end of the road.

A multi-storey car-park near here had a down-ramp with a give way
line at the bottom of it, with the posibility of traffic approaching
from the left. A sign on the wall said "Sound Horn". I never did.

Weird.

Exactly. I bet someone thought it was clever, though.

There were houses near the location and the occupants were as
entitled to reasonable efforts to keep down noise as anyone else is.

Well done you.

Likewise, an Italian friend used to sound his car horn on a
hump-backed bridge near his village. But the bridge had a house
adjacent to it. He would never listen to my remonstrations; I gained
the impression that he...

[...revelled in it.]

Sorry, missed that out last time.

OK

If the horn was not so unpleasant, the administrators that defined the
90dbA standard understood physics and the pad on the steering wheel
was force sensing to allow the driver to add expression it might be
more acceptable.

Is that the C&U standard? I never knew that.

Yes, 90dbA at 2m is the standard. The problem is that it isn't sensible
to measure a narrowband signal with a wideband instrument. A wideband
90dbA source would be completely inaudible inside a vehicle.

In case your thoughts are drifting, the "150db" horns used by some
cyclists are probably fairly similar, except measured in a different
way. If it was done in the same way, the extra 60db would require a
million times more power.

Old August 10th 18, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 09/08/18 17:28, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 09:05:01 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/08/18 21:42, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 21:09:45 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 20:44, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 20:41:27 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 19:21, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:24:39 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/08/18 18:29, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 15:27:28 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

It is intended only to alert other road-users to one's presence.
Er no. It means "You ****ing arsehole, why the hell didn't you
indicate?!"
*A horn conveys no information so how are your targets supposed
to know what your problem is?
*Well let me see, Mr Smith turns right at a roundabout without
indicating, and someone correctly pulls in front of him, then
sounds their horn when they see he's about to collide with them.
He can then look up the highway code or whatever and find out why
the other car had the right of way.

Just because Mr Smith is not indicating right it is not correct
for AN Other to pull out on a whim. Too many hims and thems.
Explain who is doing what and who ends up in front of whom.
*If you don't indicate right at a roundabout, you do not have the
right to turn right.* WTF are you doing turning without informing
other road users as to where you intend to go?

When following marked lanes indication is not necessary. Indication
is only useful when making lane changes or where there is ambiguity.
And I live in the south east where most people adapt to cope with
each others' behaviour without going into a hissy fit at every
opportunity.

Please explain your scenario in more detail.
*Now think of a roundabout without lanes.* Or maybe one with two
entry lanes and three exits.* And don't assume that cars at the other
side can tell what lane you're in.

Still not enough information. Every roundabout is different. No
mention of* timing and you don't say which driver ends up aiming at
the other driver's doors.

This is precisely why everyone should indicate.

Precisely why what? You're still short of description. Have you entered
the roundabout ahead of the other driver or are you entering while the
other driver is ahead of you?

No indicator means you're going straight ahead, end of story.

Straight on from where? Once a roundabout is more than a certain size
the relationship between entry and exit becomes completely irrelevant.

You seem to be just trying to make a point rather than trying to work
out how to use a roundabout in the most efficient way for the
circumstances you find at the time.

Depending on the size, I indicate left when I leave, and indicate right
if I'm going around it a fair distance.

With very rare exceptions I don't indicate twice; either right while
circulating or left before leaving, depending on layout, lane and
conditions. There are roundabouts where the major road goes right, and
though minor roads join between, it is not necessary to indicate when
following the major. There are many other examples.
Old August 10th 18, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 09/08/18 17:29, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 09:04:45 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 21:38, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 21:17:51 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 20:43, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

*What do you mean?* Are you suggesting it should be louder if you
press harder?

Quieter if tapped softly.

*That would just make them go unnoticed.* A horn should always be as
loud as possible to inform the arsehole that he failed to drive
correctly.

Shrug. If that is what you want then press it normally.

I don't have the option to change the volume.

Do you really not understand what I meant when I suggested "force
sensing" might be desirable?
Old August 10th 18, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam,soc.culture.greek

Default Foreskin-peeling Senile Grik Invalid Idiot Alert, AGAIN! LOL

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:24:28 +0200, Foreskin Peeler
wrote:

[FLUHS Grik skata]

Watch, it anus!

FOUND, another beneficiary for your obsessive demented stalking anus?

You, BET!

LOLOK

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
Old August 10th 18, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 13:23:36 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 09/08/18 17:29, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 09:04:45 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 21:38, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 21:17:51 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 20:43, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

What do you mean? Are you suggesting it should be louder if you
press harder?

Quieter if tapped softly.

That would just make them go unnoticed. A horn should always be as
loud as possible to inform the arsehole that he failed to drive
correctly.

Shrug. If that is what you want then press it normally.

I don't have the option to change the volume.

Do you really not understand what I meant when I suggested "force
sensing" might be desirable?

You've deleted it from the quotes, so I will not bother replying.
Old August 10th 18, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

It doesn't matter. You should always indicate so other drivers don't have
to guess at your intentions.

Then you're a ****ing idiot and a danger to other road users.
Old August 10th 18, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 12:30:01 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

You must have seen (or a picture of) a google camera car. The camera is
on a tripod on the roof. The angle of the shot is more like that of a
lorry driver.

In order for the horn-sounding to be even semi-valid, the bridge really
needs to be a narrowing of the road as well (which the Italian one was).

https://goo.gl/maps/R48YMSxzjQk

That one...

...is the same one from other direction.

is narrow, but you can still see the oncoming traffic. Sounding the
horn would not serve a useful purpose.

Incidentally, the bridge has a 2t mgw limit so several drivers shown
here are breaking the rules - plus many others plus a council official
with a Range Rover that knows full well.

There's no sign saying so. Is this an older Google photo?

The signs are at the roundabouts at each end of the road.

So many superfluous signs nowadays nobody notices the important ones
anyway.

[...]

There can't be a followed standard as I've observed cars with horns much
louder than others.

Stolen bike.... anyone want to bet on it? Anton Berlin Racing 0 December 22nd 09 08:30 PM
Shelly Olds...bike stolen, bike found, gold medal won caffetrieste Racing 20 October 14th 08 09:39 AM
Stolen bike Chris A UK 26 March 27th 07 03:01 PM
nearly stolen bike Simon Brooke UK 0 November 18th 05 11:16 PM
nearly stolen bike nobody760 UK 6 November 17th 05 09:05 AM