Pavement cyclist mows down heavily pregnant woman

Old July 8th 19, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Pavement cyclist mows down heavily pregnant woman

She said: "I got out my car on the roadside and walked around the front
of my car. As I stepped onto the pavement, I looked up and there was a
man on the bike literally in front of my face. I didn't even have time
to catch my breath.
"He hit me at first in the stomach with the bike which caused him to fly
forward and he headbutted me in the face.

"The momentum spun me around and threw me across the pavement and I
headbutted the floor. My nose then obviously exploded on the floor.

The 26-year-old then had the “longest six hour wait of [her] life” in
hospital to find out whether her unborn child had survived.

Unbelievably, Miss Wood had to relive the traumatic experience again two
days later when she was on her way to a midwifery appointment at Station
Road Surgery.
She said: “I walked round the the front of my car and another cyclist is
flying down the path, literally a couple of feet away from me. A couple
of seconds earlier and I would have got taken out again.

Miss Wood claims three witnesses saw the incident but no one came to her
aid. She stood up and said she felt “pretty concussed, sick and in pain”.
She spoke to the cyclist, who had fallen off his bike, and asked him to
put his contact details in her phone. However, she claims he provided an
incomplete address and his mobile number had one digit missing.
“I was so upset and not in the right frame of mind, being in so much
pain, I didn't stay or ask for ID,” she said. “All I cared about was
making sure my baby was alright.”

Police are investigating the assault.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/sur...clist-16531251