lame fattie masters

Old August 12th 03, 12:11 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Default lame "burned out" dieter

"gwhite" wrote in message ...

You can be concerned about the health issues others without being an

asshole
about it. I've never walked in a fat person's shoes, so I don't see the

point
in sneering at them. The concern about American's "overeating" and

"obesity" is
hardly new. I have a book published in the 1950's which makes a pointed
reference to that very problem.

I don't dispute that many people today would do themselves a favor by

watching
their weight and maintaining some cardiovascular fitness. I don't dispute

that
"the problem" is getting worse. That said, of all the people to bitch

about,
masters racers are doing much better than their peers in the general

population
with regard to both weight and cardiovascular fitness.

snip

Dumbass -

It's definitely not kosher to do it in our culture in general and I don't do
that.

I do it in the bike racing arena because it's OK to rip on Fatties here.

Why? Because:

More Fat = Less Performance

And no, I wouldn't do it in rec.bicycles.soc or any other bicycle newsgroup.
Only the racing newsgroup.

Old August 12th 03, 01:44 AM
Benjamin Weiner

warren wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

A lot of the Masters Fatties have a soft spot in their ego that's easy to
hit and it's good clean fun getting them wound up.

Since that is how you feel you may be happier in the long run if you
spent more time addressing your issues (start with finding healthier
ways of making yourself happy) instead of deriving pleasure by
antagonizing other people.

Didn't somebody start this thread (or was it another thread)
to talk smack about sketchy Cat 3s?

It may be perfectly well-justified smack, but jeez, you guys
are making me wish the TdF would come back.

Old August 12th 03, 05:20 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Dick Durbin" wrote in message
om...
Then take your own advice and get a dose of perspective. You're

completely
out-of-whack with your obsessions about fat and age.

Actually no.

I think our entire culture overeats. The 1 lb./year thing is accepted as
"natural", but other cultures do not have that characteristic. As a

result
they do not have the epidemic of obesity related disease.

Obesity related disease will soon pass smoking as the #1 cause of
preventable death. It will affect your friends and family as surely as

it
will mine.

Nobody is denying that too many Americans are fat. What he is
complaining about is your constant use of the term "fattie masters."
If you were using it to point out the obesity epidemic it might be
appropriate.

Dick -

That's what I'm doing. The 1 lb./year rule is accepted, even in an endurance
sport community like bicycle racing.