no pain for Landis

Old July 18th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default no pain for Landis

Did anyone else notice that Landis was riding so comfortable without
any strain hardly showing on his face? I don't even think he was
sweating. He was never pressured, never was he attacked. After the race
he had the look of someone who had just woken up very refreshed from a
nice nap. He looked like he had been on vacation resting somewhere
between Marseilles and Monacco. The other riders were suffering like
hell: Menchov, Kloden even looked exhausted, Shleck was burnt at the
finish, Axel looked cool and alert but he faded a little with 3
kilometers left. I wish Landis would have returned the bottle to him
just for the last sip at least. Landis didn't need any water, any
teammates, any pacing; nobody was going to unglue him from their wheel,
even though Kloden tried ferociously. How can they recover for
tomorrow? It seems inhuman.

Andre

Old July 18th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bob sullivan

In the immortal words of John Lovitz:

"Acting! Genius! Thank you!"

~bob

Old July 19th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
trg

"Keith" a écrit dans le message de news:
| On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:44:32 -0400, bob sullivan
| wrote:
|
| In the immortal words of John Lovitz:
|
| "Acting! Genius! Thank you!"
|
| ~bob
|
| Andre wrote:
| Did anyone else notice that Landis was riding so comfortable without
| any strain hardly showing on his face? I don't even think he was
| sweating. He was never pressured, never was he attacked. After the race
| he had the look of someone who had just woken up very refreshed from a
| nice nap. He looked like he had been on vacation resting somewhere
| between Marseilles and Monacco. The other riders were suffering like
| hell: Menchov, Kloden even looked exhausted, Shleck was burnt at the
| finish, Axel looked cool and alert but he faded a little with 3
| kilometers left. I wish Landis would have returned the bottle to him
| just for the last sip at least. Landis didn't need any water, any
| teammates, any pacing; nobody was going to unglue him from their wheel,
| even though Kloden tried ferociously. How can they recover for
| tomorrow? It seems inhuman.
|
| Testo patches, in fact Kloden got a headstart with that big blue patch
| on his arm on the climb up the Alpe !
|

| Andre

Oh. That explains why he didn't pick up any time on Kloden.

No pain, no gain.

Old July 19th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Andre wrote:
Did anyone else notice that Landis was riding so comfortable without
any strain hardly showing on his face? I don't even think he was
sweating. He was never pressured, never was he attacked. After the race
he had the look of someone who had just woken up very refreshed from a
nice nap. He looked like he had been on vacation resting somewhere
between Marseilles and Monacco. The other riders were suffering like
hell: Menchov, Kloden even looked exhausted, Shleck was burnt at the
finish, Axel looked cool and alert but he faded a little with 3
kilometers left. I wish Landis would have returned the bottle to him
just for the last sip at least. Landis didn't need any water, any
teammates, any pacing; nobody was going to unglue him from their wheel,
even though Kloden tried ferociously. How can they recover for
tomorrow? It seems inhuman.

Dumbass -

It's the same nearly every year.

If someone is even 0.5% stronger than the next closest guy, he gets his
lead, then gets to follow wheels as weaker riders than he try
unsuccessfully to ride him off their wheel. The weaker riders get
progressively weaker as they put out more energy stage by stage.

It's a symptom of the shallow-ish climbs of the TdF (relative to the
Giro or the Vuelta) where the riders go fast enough that drafting is
significant.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Lateral knee pain - Iliotibial Band Syndrome [email protected] UK 12 July 9th 05 08:53 AM
Sharp Pain in Knee Michael Techniques 16 September 4th 04 11:54 PM
Lower Back Pain from Cycling Kara Racing 9 September 3rd 04 06:28 PM
knee/leg pain Niteynite1 Recumbent Biking 2 October 17th 03 10:08 PM