helmets

Old July 19th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
UpNorthBob

Default helmets

OK, I'll admit right up front that I don't follow cycling that closely
year round, and I haven't heard any mention fo this on the TDF
broadcasts. Have the rules regarding helmets changed? Near the end of
stage 15, I kept waiting for the riders to pitch their helmets, since
the stage ended at the top of the climb - but they kept them on. I
figured either the rules changed, the helmet manufacturers threatened to
cut back sponsor money!

Old July 19th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe last year was the first year
that all riders were required to wear helments the entire tour,even
when finishing like today.

Old July 19th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jeff C

So everyone has to wear a helmet...it's not required to have the straps
fastened?

14:45 CEST 106km/76km to go
Rasmussen is leading as they head up the Croix de Fer. He's tucked his
helmet straps up inside his helmet...not much use if you fall off.

Old July 20th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Jeff C" wrote in message
ups.com...
So everyone has to wear a helmet...it's not required to have the straps
fastened?

14:45 CEST 106km/76km to go
Rasmussen is leading as they head up the Croix de Fer. He's tucked his
helmet straps up inside his helmet...not much use if you fall off.

You can tattle on him.

Origin of Cooler Helmets? Donald Gillies Techniques 59 April 29th 06 12:42 AM
Bicycle helmets help prevent serious head injury among children, part one. John Doe UK 3 November 30th 04 03:46 PM
education davek UK 67 September 3rd 04 02:22 PM
Helmets Vivian UK 460 April 28th 04 09:38 PM
BRAKE on helmets Just zis Guy, you know? UK 62 April 27th 04 09:48 AM