Track near Houston (Tx)

Old December 6th 05, 10:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Track near Houston (Tx)

Hi,

I am from France and sometimes I travel to the US, in Houston (Tx) area.

Do you have place, area, spot for MTB around Houston ?

Regards,
RizLax

http://rizlax.free.fr

Old December 7th 05, 01:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Rizlax wrote:
Hi,

I am from France and sometimes I travel to the US, in Houston (Tx) area.

Do you have place, area, spot for MTB around Houston ?

Regards,
RizLax

http://rizlax.free.fr

I used rided Memorial Park inside loop 610 a lot as it's a great
training area. There's a few miles of tight single track running
through the south of the park. Lots of roots, a couple of drops, no
hills (it is Houston) and pretty busy on weekends.

If you have the time then head out of Houston to Rocky Hill Ranch (
http://www.boomersrockyhill.com/index_nomusic.html ). It's a about a
two hour drive, but it's some real fresh air, great burgers (or they
used to) and a few hills to climb.

For more info about Houston mountain biking check out
http://www.ghorba.org/ and if you need to rent a bike then the guys at
http://www.westendbikes.com/ are awesome.

Laters,

Marz

Old December 8th 05, 02:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Rizlax" wrote in message
Hi,

I am from France and sometimes I travel to the US, in Houston (Tx) area.

Do you have place, area, spot for MTB around Houston ?

Regards,
RizLax

http://rizlax.free.fr

I lived in Houston in the Bear Creek area and there is a resevoir in the
area that has a fire road/two track on top of the hill/retaining wall.
There were a few trails inside the resevoir as well and there may be more,
that was 1990. Not a very good place to bike since there are few hills but
it's actually where I got my start riding.
Drew

Old December 8th 05, 03:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

http://www.houstontx.gov/alkekvelodrome/

Old December 9th 05, 03:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

I use the Ant Hills at Terry Hershey Park in West Houston. It is more
technical than Memorial Park IMO. It also has a place called the bowl that
has drops and dirt jumps if you freeride.

Old December 10th 05, 09:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your help and answer.
Next time I will be in Houston, I know, now where to ride ;-)

By the way, if you a chance to come to France, close to Paris area, do not
hesitate to contact me !

You will find here http://rizlax.free.fr some tracks (with GPS files to
download) in Forest near Paris.

See you;