LeMond is lazy

Old December 12th 05, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default LeMond is lazy

Looks like an "EATSTRONG" bracelet he's wearing... possibly edible.

Old December 12th 05, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

For some reason Google seems to have ceased referencing the posting
you're responding to so you can't see that I was taking a pot shot at
Henry.

Old December 12th 05, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Scott wrote:
Roy Scherer wrote:

That boy be big ! Must be at least 210 lbs. I saw a "similiar" picture of
Ron Keifel. Mmmm Donuts.
"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
link.net...

Notice on this pic of Greg in 2004, that he isn't carrying anything on
his bike. Does he still expect someone to carry a spare tube for him?

He's

in his 40's, but he looks like he's in his 60's. I've seen guys his age,
that look like Lance.

http://www.redmondcyclingclub.org/Ph...Mond%20at%20RA

MROD/slides/P7290006.html

Geez, the guy spend his entire teens and early adult years starving
himself (with the exception of a little ice cream that he was rumored
to enjoy from time to time) to maintain a competitive weight as a
competitive cyclist, and you expect him to worry about his weight now,
as if he's some blundering masters' fattie chasing after a delusion of
cycling greatness???

I don't give a damn if he hits 300#.

I don't think he looks that bad... listen, he has nothing left to prove.
He won three tours, world champ, let the guy stuff his face if he wants.
Old December 12th 05, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Marlene Blanshay wrote:

I don't think he looks that bad... listen, he has nothing left to prove.
He won three tours, world champ, let the guy stuff his face if he wants.

Where's the fun in that?

It's the contrast between the ultra-lean, ultra-fit person we all
remember and whoever the new guy is.

When I was a young punk (20-mumble-mumble-years-ago) I once encountered
a couple of older guys out for their Sunday ride. These guys were in
their sixties at least, fit and lean, tricked out with beautiful bikes,
jersies and effortless pedaling style. At that age I was thinking
people over thirty were getting ready to die (or should), then I saw
these guys. It filled me with joy to think that there was a chance
that I could be as cool as those guys when I was their age.

I think it's called a role model.

Old December 12th 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Looks like he found something edible stuck to his shoe -
http://tinyurl.com/bnana

But seriously, I'm happy that he's happy in his retirement.

Old December 12th 05, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

mrsixtypercent wrote:
Looks like he found something edible stuck to his shoe -
http://tinyurl.com/bnana

But seriously, I'm happy that he's happy in his retirement.

Dumbass -

Racers who are happy in retirement don't talk about virtual victories.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old December 12th 05, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Dumbass -

I know how antifat you are and I tend to agree with you. But can't you
distinguish between someone who takes the liberty of gaining a little
weight because he likes the finer things in life (and maybe also
because he spent most of his life pursuing an athletic ideal and
welcomes the change in lifestyle), and the 270-lb secretary who eats a
bag of pork rinds for lunch because they are Atkins-legal?

-RJ

Old December 12th 05, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"ronaldo_jeremiah" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dumbass -

I know how antifat you are and I tend to agree with you. But can't you
distinguish between someone who takes the liberty of gaining a little
weight because he likes the finer things in life (and maybe also
because he spent most of his life pursuing an athletic ideal and
welcomes the change in lifestyle), and the 270-lb secretary who eats a
bag of pork rinds for lunch because they are Atkins-legal?

-RJ

Don't forget the pickled pig lips.

Old December 13th 05, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"mrsixtypercent" wrote in message
oups.com...

Looks like he found something edible stuck to his shoe -
http://tinyurl.com/bnana

Great signature photo with the tongue stuck out (for balance?).

Phil H

Old December 13th 05, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Let us know how you control it, Thomas.
"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
ups.com...
You mean like you can't control being gay?