Alpine classic - who's in?

Old December 10th 07, 10:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_64_]

Default Alpine classic - who's in?

MikeyOz Wrote:
I think you will find you will be ok, I had never done an audax ride
until this one last year, the organization is fantastic and the food
stops! amazzzzing, it is a great day/event.

The Mt Nebo climb would be good practice, especially for Mt Buffalo,
Cootha is good enough for the other climbs, by getting the 6.20 I think
just means you booked early enough, I left it too late again, it fills
up so quick!

But at least I got accomodation in Porepunkah this time instead of
Myrtleford.

Yeah we've been doing Nebo frequently. Mt Gravatt is close to where I
live so its convenient for a bunch of repeats before work. We rode to
the gold coast last weekend and did the Springbrook climb which is only
8km at 6%. Still have _some__climbing legs left from france, though not
much!. Geez it leaves you quickly.

--
monsterman

Old December 10th 07, 10:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_65_]

Donga Wrote:
Hey MM, Hughie and I are talking about coming down from Brissie. We
will probably drive. I bought a CT crankset the other day. I challenge
you for the Lantern Rouge!

Donga

Have you guys registered for the event. My mate (big Pete) is
hyper-organised and got is pre-registration codes etc and got us booked
in quite early.

I will be swapping the compact cranks back on in the new year for that
extra bit of insurance. I understand the climbs aren't that steep -
they're just long. We'll be right. ticker will get you through!!

Just make sure you get to the food stops before pete and I, because a
couple of ravenous 90kg units can make quite a dent in a buffet

--
monsterman

Old December 11th 07, 03:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ProfTournesol[_69_]

monsterman Wrote:
Are any of the aus.bicycle crowd doing the Alpine Audax in January?

I'm coming down from Brisbane for it, and it would be great to put some
usernames to faces

I'm starting to slightly sh t myself about the general lack of
training going on in my life, but there still some time and fear is a
great motivator!

I'll be there for the 140km ride with the new bike. We'll probably
finish at the same time:-)
lets hope that it's not 43 degrees again!

--
ProfTournesol

Old December 12th 07, 12:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_522_]

ProfTournesol Wrote:
I'll be there for the 140km ride with the new bike. We'll probably
finish at the same time:-)
lets hope that it's not 43 degrees again!

Think Bikesoiler is doing the 140km, I'll give him a nudge to get
going. The 6.20am is all booked out (or close to). Anyway, the important
stuff: our accom. has a pool and 1 minute walking distance to the Bright
CBD. If anyone else is minding the towels, contact moi & we'll go do the
hard yards at the Bright Brewery or Boyntons.

--
cfsmtb

Old December 16th 07, 10:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Dec 12, 9:30 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.31h...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
ProfTournesol Wrote:

I'll be there for the 140km ride with the new bike. We'll probably
finish at the same time:-)
lets hope that it's not 43 degrees again!

Think Bikesoiler is doing the 140km, I'll give him a nudge to get
going. The 6.20am is all booked out (or close to). Anyway, the important
stuff: our accom. has a pool and 1 minute walking distance to the Bright
CBD. If anyone else is minding the towels, contact moi & we'll go do the
hard yards at the Bright Brewery or Boyntons.

--
cfsmtb

You're on mate! We're thinking of coming in from further out, and a
pool nearby would be gold!
CBD - haha.

Donga
Old December 16th 07, 10:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L[_41_]

MikeyOz Wrote:

But at least I got accomodation in Porepunkah this time instead of
Myrtleford.

Definitely go the Porepunkah pub for dinner the night before. $15 mains
with all you can eat salad and veg, it's good and includes pasta salad
for all your carb loading needs.

See y'all there

--
Jono L

Old December 17th 07, 12:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_531_]

Donga Wrote:

You're on mate! We're thinking of coming in from further out, and a
pool nearby would be gold!
CBD - haha.

Pre-ride BBQ and pasta dinner for riders. Unlimited beer and vino for
those minding the towels & keys.

--
cfsmtb