STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

Old March 5th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

Default STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

On Mar 4, 5:31*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"K. Gringioni" wrote in message

That's not the reason I'm smarter than you. There's a number of
reasons and that's not one of them. I'll list a few of them though.

1) I read a lot
2) I try to learn from what I read
3) I don't look at the world from the prism of: 1 political
party=good, the other political party=bad

I'm rather surprised that you'd admit to reading. You're hardly the kind
that would learn anything from reading as is plainly shown by your comments
here.

By the way, if you don't understand my position on politics perhaps you
could either ask or simply pass.

Dumbass -

Your philosophy is self-evident.

Republican=good Democrat=bad.

Simpleton.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 5th 09, 08:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:09:05 -0800 (PST), "K. Gringioni"
wrote:

I'll be happy if it lasts only through this year. Or maybe the next.

The worry is that it'll last 10 years.

Yeah, I'm feeling that too. One year would be "great."

Old March 5th 09, 08:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:54:16 -0800 (PST), "Paul G."
wrote:

Washington, February 27 - The Commerce Department downwardly revised
fourth quarter GDP to a 6.2% decline, now the largest contraction
since 1982, when the economy was just pulling out of another steep
recession. Economists were expecting Q4 GDP to be revised only to a
5.4% decline from the 3.8% decline first reported.

Got that Dumbass Scott? Think Obama jumped in a time machine, went
back and did that? That was on Bush's watch. That's one factor
causing the stock market to decline.

I heard a dittohead say that that since everyone knew Obama was going
to win by mid-2008 we can place Q3 and Q4 of 2008 in his lap. It's
the Obama Recession, obviously.
Old March 5th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
If by "lots" you mean hundreds out of, say, tens of thousands, of
econmists, you're right. Lots of plumbers think that too.

It would appear there isn't much difference between plumbers and
some bankers when it comes to understanding the economy.

Old March 5th 09, 12:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Mar 4, 11:34*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
*John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:37:32 -0800 (PST), Bill C
wrote:

JT's vision of democracy and free debate:

* *That stuff sounds pretty much exactly like the way the Republicans whipped the
media into submission after 9-11 to me.

--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * tanx,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Howard

* * * * * * * * * * * * *Caught playing safe
* * * * * * * * * * * * * It's a bored game

* * * * * * * * * * *remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Yeah Howard A lot of them were jailed, tortured, offices firebombed,
etc...You really are a ****ing tool. I can cite examples of Chavez'
violence against mainstream news outlets, and so can you, but you HAVE
to defend these folks.
As for JT, RIF:

Gotta say that while I still have fundamental disagreements with
Obama on policy and people he's actually trying to move a lot of
things in the right direction, such as the contracting crap, and has
forced some moderation onto Congress that I didn't expect. Seems like
he's picking his fights carefully and concentrating on the economy,
which you can't fault, while limiting some of the wingnut **** from
congress. No politician is going to be perfect to everyone, but at
least there're things to reasonably disagree about that are
debateable
but reasonable, some good, and nothing I have seen so far that's one
of the complete disasters we've had on an almost daily basis for the
last 8 years.

You and Tosi are pretty similar it seems, kind and supportive of
"your" people, and sit down, stfu, and marginalize those who don't
think like you, along with the arrogance of the master mind.
Sorry the most important things in the US are limiting the power of
the government, and making sure that people are free to speak out with
dissenting opinions. It's far more important for me to support those
who I disagree with in speaking out.
JT, when was the last time, before Obama's election that you told
anyone this is a great, free Country and you are proud of it, and you
are optimistic about it?
Michael Moore and Rush, as symbols, are what's right about this
Country. They get to trash the government and still be free to speak.
Bill C
Old March 5th 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:

JT's vision of democracy and free debate:

* *That stuff sounds pretty much exactly like the way the Republicans whipped the
media into submission after 9-11 to me.

--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * tanx,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Howard

* * * * * * * * * * * * *Caught playing safe
* * * * * * * * * * * * * It's a bored game

* * * * * * * * * * *remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=16068
http://www.wwcd.org/policy/US/newdeal.html#CENSOR
http://www.nisk.k12.ny.us/fdr/wwII_1942.html

and yes a lot of Republicans were arguing for it to be reestablished
during Bush but it never was, but that's inconvenient for you. FDR had
one Bush didn't.
Bill C
Old March 5th 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 04:31:13 -0800 (PST), Bill C
wrote:

[...]

But what about the revenge? It's not enough for me to hear you
moderate your tone about Obama, I'm so petty I want to hear you talk
about the revenge -- either saying you still think it's going to
happen (is Obama waiting till the economy is stabilized to start the
revenge?) or you were straight-up wrong about that (and played by the
right wing, despite how much you claim to be independent). Or
something else about it

So what about the revenge?
Old March 5th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Bill C wrote
JT, when was the last time, before Obama's election that you told
anyone this is a great, free Country and you are proud of it, and you
are optimistic about it?

I don't know if I have before or afterwards.

But I don't think that's important -- in elections I look to who can
do the best for teh country, not the sort of patrotic buzzwords that
work for you. And I try not to fall for bogeymen in deciding who not
to vote for. You should try that anti-bogeyman thing.
Old March 5th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:
[...]

So what about the revenge?- Hide quoted text -

It's still up in the air. I expect it to happen in a big way, and
already has started in Congress with people being moved out of
leadership positions, polarization and partisanship that's as bad as
Bush's, etc... His appointments for the most part are hard core, long
time, insider partisans, none of it leads to him living up to
bipartisanship in the long run.
He's rightly concentrating on the economy now and we'll see on the
rest as things play out. It's been a whole 44 days.
If it turns I'm wrong I'll be happy about it, and will say so.
Bill C
Old March 5th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Mar 5, 8:11*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Bill C wrote

JT, when was the last time, before Obama's election that you told
anyone this is a great, free Country and you are proud of it, and you
are optimistic about it?

I don't know if I have before or afterwards.

But I don't think that's important -- in elections I look to who can
do the best for teh country, not the sort of patrotic buzzwords that
work for you. *And I try not to fall for bogeymen in deciding who not
to vote for. *You should try that anti-bogeyman thing.

Bull**** if you are telling people this is a ****ty place then how can
you expect them to work for it or make hard choices to better it, or
even give a **** about it?
If you have don't like and appreciate it then you have no reason to
work for it.
The picture is becoming clearer by the day.
Bill C