cyclists can't tell truth from fiction

Old April 25th 11, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default cyclists can't tell truth from fiction

they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

Old April 25th 11, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Apr 25, 9:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

Hmm! We had a 'Cycling Event' near my gliding club in Hampshire this
morning that looked like a race to me. Lots of cyclists going quite
fast in close proximity to each other. There were marshalls stopping
the traffic.
Old April 25th 11, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Apr 25, 9:55*pm, Derek C wrote:
On Apr 25, 9:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

Hmm! *We had a 'Cycling Event' near my gliding club in Hampshire this
morning that looked like a race to me. Lots of cyclists going quite
fast in close proximity to each other. There were marshalls stopping
the traffic.

Tsk Tsk, whatever next?

Perfectly normal for NW Europe, despicable for you little
Ingulanaders.

--
Simon Mason
Old April 25th 11, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Apr 25, 9:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

But, as we are frequently told, they all are covered by their general
household policy.
Old April 25th 11, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Apr 25, 10:01*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 25, 9:55*pm, Derek C wrote:

On Apr 25, 9:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

Hmm! *We had a 'Cycling Event' near my gliding club in Hampshire this
morning that looked like a race to me. Lots of cyclists going quite
fast in close proximity to each other. There were marshalls stopping
the traffic.

Tsk Tsk, whatever next?

Perfectly normal for NW Europe, despicable for you little
Ingulanaders.

--
Simon Mason

Actually I am all in favour of cycle races being held on temporarily
closed public roads, as long as motor sport enthusiasts get the same
rights, and it's done within the law. I understand that the current
Government is considering legislation to allow this.

Derek C
Old April 25th 11, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:42:08 +0100, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

Let's hope there is no Mister Nasty with his box of tacks.

--
2009 per billion passenger kilometres:

Cyclists Killed or seriously injured : 567
Pedestrians Killed or seriously injured : 415

Which is the safer form of transport?
Old April 25th 11, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:01:41 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

Tsk Tsk, whatever next?

A few pounds of tintacks at various points to make it a bit more
interesting and more of a challenge? After all the precedent has
been set on the only other event where hundreds of miles of roads were
closed at great expense to local businesses for the amusement of some
push bike riders. By all accounts the tintacks made the Scottish
version much more fun for the spectators and certainly more
challenging for the riders.

Incidentally why is it called an "etape" when it isn't a stage or
component of anything but simply a bike ride (and definitely not an
insurance prohibited race)? It seems rather odd that the Welsh should
have to resort to pidgin french to describe a push bike ride with no
winner.

Entry price is £65 but you do get a"free" gilet (a sleeveless thin
nylon waistcoat) "worth £20" (as most cost well over twice that it's
pretty safe to assume the quality will be closer to that of the Aldi
special offer one at £5) to use to pose in the bar and protect
against the North Wales rain in October, which may be somewhat of a
challenge.

At least the Welsh have had the sense to hold it in October when the
weather is foul, grockels are absent and no one with any sense goes
out much so the damage to the locals is minimised.

Organised by K-Extreme Ltd their spokesdroid Mike Turner believes it
"has the potential to be a massive sporting event". He has obviously
never been on the Clwydian Range in October when the cloud and the
slate merge to form a uniformly depressing gray enlivened only by the
persistent drizzle. Why anyone in their right mind would want to
stand in a pool of mud under a leadened cloud watching the occasional
push bike rider pass by (or change tyres if one is fortunate enough to
be at a tintack viewing point) seems rather puzzling.
Old April 25th 11, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default cheerless can't tell truth from fiction

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 22:05:15 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

"Mrcheerful" considered Mon, 25 Apr 2011
21:42:08 +0100 the perfect time to write:

they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

No lies there, just the correction of someone's misunderstanding.

"Anybody and everybody can take part, whether you're a seasoned pro or
a casual cyclist.

"We want to make a real occasion of it. As well as the cycling, we
hope to have bands playing, entertainment for the children so that it
is an event that everyone will remember," he said.

Certainly doesn't seem like a race to me, any more than the Etape
Caledonia, or any audax event.
And rather less so than the many time trials that are held all over
the country.

As usual, the only thing you've demonstrated is your own lack of
comprehension, so I've fixed the subject for you.

Oh dear Anchor at his best.

So it is a competition in which people see how fast they can go and if they can
go faster than the other people.

OED
to race:
to run or take part in a race; to compete in speed.

--
If the *******s won't do anything about the taxi driver risking
people's lives by dangerous driving, book him to take your kids on a
Old April 25th 11, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 25, 11:06*pm, Judith wrote:

-- * * *
2009 per billion passenger kilometres:

Cyclists Killed or seriously injured : 567
Pedestrians Killed or seriously injured : 415

Which is the safer form of transport?

Still spouting half-truths?
What do the Killed figures indicate?
Let's look - Oh they indicate cycling is safer than walking.
How could you forget to mention that?
Old April 26th 11, 01:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 25/04/2011 22:05, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Mon, 25 Apr 2011
21:42:08 +0100 the perfect time to write:

they are even willing to lie to insurance companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13130981

No lies there, just the correction of someone's misunderstanding.

Deliberate lie you ****ing idiot; "The challenge had initially been
described as a race, but organisers later confirmed it had to be changed
to "a challenge" to ensure compliance with insurance regulations".

You just demonstrated what a total **** you are.

Any Truth In This? Saxman UK 2 February 5th 09 09:05 AM
The Truth [email protected] UK 1 August 13th 07 07:54 AM
the truth comes out Callistus Valerius Racing 2 July 28th 06 02:46 PM
Science Fiction hemyd Australia 4 March 31st 06 12:29 PM
Fact, Fiction, Lies, and Bullshit [email protected] Techniques 117 April 23rd 05 05:38 AM