Busybody driver needs to read his HC

Old November 12th 19, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Busybody driver needs to read his HC

At least the council knows the law.

QUOTE:

An Enfield council spokesman told MailOnline that it did not have any powers to enforce the use of cycle lanes.

'The cycle lanes are for all but are particularly well suited to people who need to make short journeys within the borough and between our town centres, and those who are less confident about sharing the road with other vehicles', they said in a statement.'

The council added that it did not condone 'any type of abuse of our residents, road users or visitors to Enfield.

'Anyone who feels threatened or unsafe should contact the police immediately.'
ENDS
Hopefully this driver will get reported for threatening behaviour and public order offences.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...thed-rant.html
Old November 12th 19, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 7:20:49 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
At least the council knows the law.

QUOTE:

An Enfield council spokesman told MailOnline that it did not have any powers to enforce the use of cycle lanes.

'The cycle lanes are for all but are particularly well suited to people who need to make short journeys within the borough and between our town centres, and those who are less confident about sharing the road with other vehicles', they said in a statement.'

The council added that it did not condone 'any type of abuse of our residents, road users or visitors to Enfield.

'Anyone who feels threatened or unsafe should contact the police immediately.'
ENDS
Hopefully this driver will get reported for threatening behaviour and public order offences.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...thed-rant.html

Why was the motorist not on the motorway?
Old November 13th 19, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/11/2019 19:41, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Which motorways run through the London Borough of Enfield?
Old November 14th 19, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 4:57:11 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

How is this relevant?
The motorist should have driven from his start point to the nearest motorway junction then travelled along the motorway network to the junction nearest his destination. If this means travelling 100 miles to arrive at a destination 1 mile down the road then maybe motorists should stop complaining about cyclists not using cycle farcilities.
Old November 14th 19, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/11/2019 18:07, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Good point. It would be foolish to imagine that anything arising out of
anything *you* say could be relevant (to anything, really).

As you were.

The motorist should have driven from his start point to the nearest motorway junction then travelled along the motorway network to the junction nearest his destination. If this means travelling 100 miles to arrive at a destination 1 mile down the road then maybe motorists should stop complaining about cyclists not using cycle farcilities.

What if it means just driving around the motorway access roundabout
without entering a slip road because the junction is simultaneously the
nearest to the origin point and the nearest to the destination?

The nearest motorway junction is x miles from my front door. When I went
to the nearest town today, my journey was x-y miles long (one way). But
you "think" I should have done more miles, just to get to the nearest
motorway interchange as part of the journey.

You choose your name (Jester/Fool/Clown) quite well, didn't you?