Pearl Izumi Microsensor Shorts (long)

Old August 17th 03, 02:10 AM
Pat

Default Pearl Izumi Microsensor Shorts (long)

x-no-archive:yes

I bought two pairs of these shorts. The good news: I really like the
material, which the lady at the LBS said "kept you 10 degrees cooler."
While I doubt the veracity of that statement, they don't seem as hot as
other shorts, and the way they've done the seems is excellent. The bad
news: The pair of shorts I bought from the LBS is a 2002 model. The pair
I bought from Performance Bike is a 2003 model. For the 2003 model, they
put a material on top of the chamois. So, both shorts have the same "3D"
pattern, but the 3D pattern is "built in" to the chamois in the 2002

model.
In the 2003 model, they attach the 3D part to the chamois. This is a bad
idea. This short is the first short that's caused me saddle sores. Last
week, my 35 mile ride on the 2003 model was quite painful; this week, my

40
mile ride on the 2002 model wasn't. I recommend taking a hard look at
these before you buy.

--
Bob M in CT

These are the ones that cost around $119, right? I bought a pair at a Pearl
Izumi shop. I liked them so much that I just bought a second pair from
Performance. I love these shorts! The padding is much smaller than on most
bike shorts---I don't feel as if I am wearing a diaper anymore. So far, so
good: no saddle sores, no moving around or bunching up. The only gripe I
have with them is that the legs are a little long for my taste.

Pat in TX