Aaaarrrgh...pinch flat

Old December 19th 05, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Aaaarrrgh...pinch flat

While _WALKING_ my bike up a flight of _THREE_ stairs in my _HOUSE_...

I've gotten so used to handling it with the loaded panniers and
handlebar bag (which according to the airport scale weighed the same as
the bike) over the last week that I was being somewhat more aggressive
than necessary with bouncing it up the stairs for the weight that was
present (or more precisely the weight that wasn't present) and it came
down on the edge of the stair just right to go *hisssssss* flat.

To make matters that much worse I'd been thinking the tire pressure was
rather low and as soon as I got the thing parked was planning to go
upstairs to get my pump and do something about it.

And tomorrow is one of those rare days when I actually need to use the
bike for transportation rather than play. Which means getting it fixed
at a street stall rather than the shop and that means I'll still be
having to do all the pumping by hand cause the guy across the street
doesn't have an adaptor for presta valves on his air compressor.

Meh.

-M

Old December 19th 05, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Perhaps a patch kit?

Do it yourself rahter than the street stall?

Old December 19th 05, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:
While _WALKING_ my bike up a flight of _THREE_ stairs in my _HOUSE_...

I had a rash of flats including pinch flats last summer until I started
airing up my tires before every ride.
Old December 19th 05, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bill Sornson wrote:

wrote:

While _WALKING_ my bike up a flight of _THREE_ stairs in my
_HOUSE_...

At more than 45 seconds a (prevented) pop?!?

Oh the hupumpity...

OP: "...I was being somewhat more aggressive
than necessary with bouncing it up the stairs..." and "...I'd been
thinking the tire pressure was
rather low..."

I don't guess it matters whether she was inside or out.
Old December 19th 05, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bill Sornson wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

wrote:

While _WALKING_ my bike up a flight of _THREE_ stairs in my
_HOUSE_...

At more than 45 seconds a (prevented) pop?!?

Oh the hupumpity...

OP: "...I was being somewhat more aggressive
than necessary with bouncing it up the stairs..." and "...I'd been
thinking the tire pressure was
rather low..."

I don't guess it matters whether she was inside or out.

Oh fer gawdsake I was replying to (and agreeing with) YOU. Why did you snip
what YOU WROTE?!?

I'll type slowly: there was a thread recently (on here or tech) about
"bothering" to pump up tires before rides; most agreed it takes less than a
minute, soup to nuts.

Then the OP wrote the above.

YOU replied: "I had a rash of flats including pinch flats last summer until
I started airing up my tires before every ride."

So then, in unannounced SARCAMS (copyright?) mode, I wrote "At more than 45
seconds a (prevented) pop?!? Oh the hupumpity..."

Sigh.

BS

Bill, try decaf. =] This is the first pinch flat I've heard of that
occurred off the road. No offense meant or taken.
Old December 19th 05, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Sornson" wrote: (clip) I wrote "At more than 45 seconds a
(prevented) pop(clip)"
If typing more slowly is insufficient, maybe my blue pencil will help. The
interjection of "(prevented)" in your play on words may have broken the
rhythm enough to obscure the joke (good one, by the way.) I'll bet Marian
missed it.